Apertura 2011: Going for #11!

Discussion in 'Toluca' started by tolucafan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    New season!

We got rid of our terrible manager from last season and brought in Hector Hugo Eugui! Not my first choice, but he will definitely do better than our last manager. We also said goodbye to Jaime Avoyi, Osvaldo Gonzalez, Luis Carlos Arias, and Mario Mendez. And we got ourselves Ivan Alonso, Jorge Villalpando, Felix Araujo, Gabriel Velasco, the return of Cruzalta, and there is a rumor that we still have 2 more extranjeros coming soon! Pretty great offseason we had.

Our first match is this Friday @ Estudiantes. I've read that Eugui has already given his starting lineup for Friday. Here it is:

Talavera, Gamboa, Novaretti, Duenas, Manolo, Rios, Romagnoli, Esquivel, Calderon, Sinha, Alonso.

I have a good feeling about this season. Let's hope our team doesn't let us down like the last two seasons.

[​IMG]

2. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Toluca website just updated their first team page.

http://www.deportivotolucafc.com/equipo

thoughts:

-for Acosta to be left off is just retarded. for Cruzalta and some guy named Gonzalez (not Osvaldo) to get in ahead of him is just laughable.

-nice to see Calderon's younger brother make the team. i hear that he had a great offseason.

-also very nice to see Eugui put in a bunch of youngsters like Tapia and Ochoa.

I'm happy with this team.

3. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Medio Tiempo shows Novaretti as doubtful. Is he injured?

4. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    He got taken off during the match against Real Espana. It doesnt sound like anything serious and Eugui said that he is expecting him to start tonight. Only 4 hours away, this is going to be great!

5. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we post results or updates on live games in this thread? Watching the game right now and itching to comment.

6. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    yes, please feel free.

first half thoughts:

-just a fantastic finish from Alonso. He's clearly an upgrade over Avoyi. Sinha's pass was just godlike.

-Calderon goal was absolutely amazing. wowowow.

-great half overall.

second half thoughts:

-AIDS. just AIDS.

-im pretty sure an angel dies everytime we see toluca defend a set piece. i mean jesus, we just lose them all.

-great sub of Araujo for Calderon iyam

-please hold toluca.

7. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    omg, Eugui taking "parking the bus" to a whole new level with taking off Alonso for Diego De La Torre.

holdddddddddddddddddddddd

8. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    someone please tell our players to clear the ********ing ball ffs

9. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Eugui is god.

10. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    seriously, im fist pumping here. Eugui deciding to park the bus was 100% the correct thing to do in this situation. This was something that Lugo never had the guts to do. seriously, every time, the same 3 substitutions every single time. Eugui just understands the game better and knows what the optimal thing to do is. just a beautiful win. ship the 3 mfing points

11. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had the luxury of falling back with the two early goals, and yeah, amazing pass to set up the first and amazing shot on the second.

49 minutes of holding though is painful to watch. It worked, barely, but it wouldn't have worked against a better team than Tecos. And the defense on the set pieces was just terrible. They gotta work on that. The Araujo sub had to be a reaction to get some height in there.

Great way to start the tournament though. Vamos Diablos!

12. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    recently i read that the federation decided not to go with the new playoff plan they wanted to do. this is great news. having the 8 best teams qualify and then 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v8 is obviously the correct thing to do.

also, most don't realize, but this season determines who mexico sends to libertadores. every team except for monterrey, santos, pumas, morelia are eligible. great start for this to become a reality.

13. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    mother of god, rumor is that Pablo Zeballos will be joining Toluca in the upcoming week or so. if this happens, oh my god.

most will remember Pablo for his brief run at Cruz Azul. He just finished winning the goal scoring title in the Paraguayan league and there has been a 8million dollar transfer fee on his head (they surely aren't going to get that if he comes to Toluca).

the first of this rumor came from some reliable source from twitter and many on another forum are reporting that Perro Bermudez made a comment about it during some game on the weekend.

i also remember a while back when Cardozo made a comment about Zeballos and how he wanted Toluca to get him because he was sure that Zeballos was going to be a success.

please god, let this be true.

14. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  15. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    if Zeballos does come, i hope one of these three are lineup:

-------------talavera------------
    ------gamboa-nova-duenas------
    esquivel-------------------manolo
    ------------roma--rios-----------
    ---------------sinha-------------
    ----------alonso--zeballos-------

or

----------talavera------------
    gamboa--nova--duenas--manolo
    -----esquivel--roma--rios-------
    ------------sinha--------------
    ------alonso--zeballos----------

or

------------talavera-----------
    gamboa--nova--duenas--manolo
    --------roma-----rios----------
    sinha------------------calderon
    -------alonso--zeballos--------

as much as i would love for Calderon to be starting over Esquivel, Calderon just would not fit this system is we were to play with 2 strikers. Esquivel can play the RWB position so well or he can become a third central midfielder to pair up with Roma and Rios. In order for Calderon to be effective, he needs to be playing wide and that is something that i don't see this Toluca team doing if Zeballos were to come.

but if Eugui really wants Calderon to be starting, he will have to settle with Sinha playing wide instead of him playing behind the two strikers. i really dont think this would be the ideal thing to do.

ok i got to stop this. don't want to get my hopes up.

16. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    blahhhhhhhhh, the fat unibrow piece of shit from Futbol Picante just said that this rumor is false and that he has talked to people close to Toluca are that they are completely denying that Zeballos is on his way. i really hope this bitch is wrong.

17. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    so Jaime Batiz has also tweeted that Zeballos will not be coming to Toluca. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

18. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    well Eugui and Zeballo's agent have pretty much confirmed that Zeballos will not be joining Toluca. all i can say is that i'm really sad that this isn't going to happen. i love our current team as is, but with someone like Zeballos, i think it would have drastically improved our chances at becoming a championship team.

the new rumor is Loco Abreu. if Eugui plans on playing with two strikers, then bringing him in would be great. but if he plans to keep toluca with the same 4231 formation, then it would be a mistake to get Abreu. Nava deserves playing time and having Tapia as our 3rd striker would be the best thing in my honest opinion.

19. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    and the Abreu rumor also looks false.

two new names going around. this time Roque Santa Cruz and Nelson Haedo Valdez.

if we get Santa Cruz, i will cut my balls off. there is seriously no way that he comes to Mexico. websites even mentioning his name to Toluca is just LOL. seriously, at Manchester City, he's getting around 90k a week. im not even going to bite on that one.

Nelson Haedo Valdez on the other hand, is reasonable. there are 5 teams in Europe after him, one including Barcelona and it looks like his transfer fee can be anywhere from like 5-9million. i haven't seen much of him, but if we got him, i think i will faint. From what ive seen of him, he looks like a great striker. i just dont see this happening either.

hopefully our new player gets announced soon so that i can stop doing this.

20. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2011/07/28/america-es-una-institucion-fria-fabian-estay

Fabian Estay= legend

he confirmed that Toluca are cheap bastards.

And he also said that we burned the Chilean flag when he returned to play with America. that is just a ********ing disgrace. I love being a Toluca fan but man, our fans are the one thing I ********ing hate about this institution. We have the absolute worst fans in the league. these pieces of shit never fill up the stadium anymore. Even when we were winning, the stadiums never got full. Burning the national flag of a ********ing legend like Fabian Estay, booing Vicente Sanchez in his return to Nemesio Diez, driving Mancilla out of Toluca, etcccccc. seriously it pisses me off that i'm part of a fanbase that is the ********ing worst. i won't be surprised if Toluca fans start booing Cristante if he ever comes to play against Toluca. thats how ********ing terrible we are. Imagine Paulo heading to Cruz Azul this past offseason. He would have surely got booed. we are just terrible.

21. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    if anyone isn't doing anything tonight, i recommend watching Cristante play with his new team. They start at 8:45pm. i'll post a link to the game if i find one. really hope he kills it out there.

22. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  23. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    just had an awesome moment before the game started where cristante's family was hugging him. what a legend.

24. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    HT 0-0

Cristante looking great out there. he hasnt had much to do, but he made a fantastic save right before halftime. all his passes have been accurate and he even showed his strong arm. i'm not surprised tho, it's hernan cristante. what else are you going to expect right

25. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    FT 1-1

Cristante gave up the goal in the 89th minute, but there was nothing he could have done. It was just poor defending. overall, i think he had a pretty great game. too bad they couldn't hold on to the victory.