AO VIEWING PARTY FOR US v. TURKEY MATCH at DAMON'S TAVERN - May 29th @ 2 pm

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by Howie Carr, May 14, 2010.

1. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    US Soccer Fans:

Saturday May 29th @ 2 pm

AO VIEWING PARTY FOR US v. TURKEY MATCH at DAMON'S TAVERN

Damon's Tavern
    310 Prospect Avenue,
    Hartford, Connecticut 06106.
    Telephone: (860) 233-9900

Check out this location - more TV's than barstools!!!!

http://damonstavern.com/photos.html

DRINK SPECIALS:
    $2 Bud pints
    $2 Bud Light Pints
    $2 Coors Light Pints
    $4 Guinness Imperial Pints ( make sure it says imperial)

Visit our new website for all AO Hartford sponsored events

http://hartford.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Thanks

2. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that place new?
    I know I do not know that part of town too well, but I do not recall ever seeing it before

its maps out to be next to West Wings I think.

nice bunch O taps, how can it possibly be a bad place?

3. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    This was the old West Wings. They completely remodeled it and the management has been very eager to be affilliated with the American Outlaws. Great drink specials and the food is awesome. AO Hartford will have this viewing party and also AO Hartford/Damon's Tavern will be hosting all soccer fans for every game of the World Cup with their Breakfast and Beer viewing parties. More details to follow after the Czech game.

4. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I better get over there and check the place out before the cup. I got the days off from work, so might as well be out and about rather than holed up on my couch.

sort of Ironic that I bought a big TV and a Kegerator the year we end up actually having a support system and some organization.

5. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    AO Hartford,

Did anyone attend the viewing party for the Turkey Match? If so, let me know how your experience was... we are meeting with Damon's Tavern and they want to know what they did well and where they can improve.

We are going to try and make the World Cup viewing parties something special for the fans.

Thanks

6. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Howie,

I am trying to get a group of about 30 to go for the England game but is there anyway we can extend a pint "special" for the other beers besides bud light etc? Many people are hestitant since they don't want bud and want the other beers they have on tap. Can we extend a $2 or $3 pint price for the other beers on tap as well?

7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    specifically Sam Adams...or at least Miller Lite (even miller tastes good compared to bud)

8. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    Sorry guys, just got off the phone with Damon's Tavern. Since we are partnering with Damon's and Budweiser (Discounted Drinks, Prizes and the Bud Light Girls)... we had to keep the drink specials as below.

DRINK SPECIALS:
    $2 Bud pints
    $2 Bud Light Pints
    $2 Coors Light Pints
    $4 Guinness Imperial Pints

9. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O well, I will still be there (+3-6) it should be the best viewing in the area!

10. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since this seems where ideas can be posted,

I will add a vote for the beer menu.

since we are AO Hartford, why not talk to a local brewery. I am sure Burnside or Hooker would hook us up in some way. Hell the Burnside guys are very involved in community type stuff, and its not likely their Scottish roots would get in the way of their American support.

just a thought. I have no idea what the Bud sponsorship entails of course.

I do however appreciate your efforts.

11. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    We appreciate all advice. AO Hartford is just getting our feet wet and looking for volunteers to spearhead new ideas and events.

12. Howie Carr

Howie Carr New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    West Hartford, CT
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61J6NyyC5XQ"]YouTube- Fox 61 News World Cup Action With The American Outlaws Hartford Chapter.wmv[/ame]

Fox 61 10pm News segment on the World Cup excitement at Damon's Tavern partnership with The American Outlaws Hartford Chapter. Tom Lovkey and Shawn Simao are interviewed on their passion for the beautiful game and their soccer supporters group.

See you at Damon's Tavern