Anyone voluneteered for WPSL before?

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Dianawnt8, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Dianawnt8

Dianawnt8 New Member

Jan 4, 2000
    Do you know what the responsabilities are/what you do? and what is the age requirement? thanks.

2. Soccerrose

Soccerrose New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Don't do it they do not help the soccer community as they claim!! The teams listed are not all in the league. Plus some of them paid and were never included in the schedule. Good examples are Denver and Houston.

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell?! Where's proof?

4. Soccerrose

Soccerrose New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Look at their website. Try to call the teams on their schedule. If their contact numbers are still accessable .. call them and get these peoples story. If your going to cheer a league on check them out first.

5. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Diana, you can check on your own. The site is http://www.wpsl.info

I've been to one WPSL match, back in San Diego. Pretty small staff, likely all volunteer. They did have ball girls, and they might need ticket takers, depending on the team.

Out of curiosity, which franchise are you interested in?

6. Dianawnt8

Dianawnt8 New Member

Jan 4, 2000
    thanks for all of your help/comments

i would volunteering for hte NJ Wildcats.

7. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Just out of curiosity, did you get to see the SDWFC back in 2000 when they had Jen Lalor and Allie Kemp on their roster and Brian Quinn was their coach?

8. houndguy

houndguy New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I would think that everyone is a volunteer. Contact the team and ask is my best advice.

I've been talking to the Sparks, for different reasons, and they seem pretty cool about things.

9. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nord, I'm not sure. The match took place in '99 I believe, but they did not offer any programs/rosters/etc. It was against Vancouver Angels, who are apparently technically a previous incarnation of Whitecaps FC women of the W-League. The only name I remember is one of Vancouver's girls, Nadia Pietramala (who was known as Nadia Salvino for a while), who apparently has 5 CWNT caps.

10. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Re: SDWFC

Thanks for your reply. Do you remember if the match was played at Hoover High?

11. armotto

armotto New Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Are you talking about one team which couldn't meet the league minimum requirements, and another that wanted to bill itself as a professional team playing in an amateur league?