Anyone using the Soccer Dad app?

Discussion in 'Coach' started by tablesetter, Aug 15, 2014.

1. tablesetter

tablesetter New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I just got it and it seems pretty cool. Definitely better than the Soccer Bob app. Reviews?

2. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting. At least some features are.

We use a program called Team Snap to communicate team-wide messages and do scheduling.

I recently saw a coach he had a small white board and he'd do a quick sketch of the next drill for the players. I thought it was a nice touch as it was just another level to get the drill across, because some kids learn by seeing, some by doing, some by hearing.

In general I like technology so I see the potential, but as with most technology the idea sounds great but the execution is another thing (can be great, can be meh).

3. RedShift315

RedShift315 New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I have used it for several years, it has improved over those years, and now I find it very adequate for my needs. I like being able to quickly look and see how long each players has played. I also like the various statistics it can track.

One issue I have, is that it is difficult for me to concentrate on the match and use the app. I generally delegate the responsibility to another players, sometimes another coach helps out.

Has anyone used any alternative soccer statistic apps? It has been a while since I looked, but last time there were not many affordable and useful apps.

4. tablesetter

tablesetter New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Redshift315, Maybe you could help me with a couple of questions?

1. Can I set a default lineup?
    2. What does Positioning type mean (whole season, Current game, manual)
    3. How many Rotations do you set up? I wish there was an option to just do straight 40 mins, with 4 rotations and, no quarters.

5. jamespearce23

jamespearce23 New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    First time coach here and first time poster too!

Just watched the SoccerDad app's video and have downloaded it recently and it actually seems really great!
    I'm working with an under-10 boys team and they seem to respond really well when there's technology involved and can see a real play unfold rather than me communicating it to them...

In regards to team management, I've been looking at different apps too - any ideas?
    So far I've checked out TeamSnap, Teamer, Teamstuff and Team App.

6. tablesetter

tablesetter New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Update: Everything was going well until I added my second team. Then now my first team will not text or email from within the app. Tech support does not respond.

7. Co4chM4t

Co4chM4t New Member

Sep 19, 2014
    NY
    I am using "Coach it" for the past year or so. Works pretty well for me.

8. Kalle Korhonen

Kalle Korhonen New Member

HIFK
    Finland
    May 1, 2018
    It's an old thread, but just FYI. I was so frustrated paying for these apps that I created a new, perfectly free coaching tactic board for all to use, see https://soccer.coachaide.com. I specifically didn't want to create a drawing app, so it understands passes and player's movement relative to the ball. It should work offline & online, and equally well on all screensizes and any device, touch or mouse.