Anyone still gambling online?

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by The Double, Apr 10, 2007.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Pretty self explanatory, really. Anybody living in the States still gambling, and if so, with what website?

2. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I still have an account at Tradesports.com and I play poker on there. The problem is that I only have a couple hundred bucks in the account and if I lose that I will have to find another way to play or fund the account.

I have friend who is an online gambler and he told me you can fund overseas accounts with Western Union but I have not tried it yet.

3. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I still play most weekends. I haven't started many new threads lately since it seemed that I was one of the last few players. I posted this in a similar thread:

Considering the USDOJ crackdown on online gambling, it's best to stick with the A+ books like Bodog, Bet Jamaica, The Greek, and WSEX. Neteller's collapse has really put a clamp on funding accounts. WU is a pain to use, but it's one of the few options left.

I know that Bodog isn't a low juice book, but they do offer the best and fastest funding options. I highly recommend using NUcharge if you're needing to get several hundred dollars into an account quickly. You'll need to find another option if you're a high roller.

4. Keenan

Keenan New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Stephens City,VA
    Sportsinteraction.com with funding through Swiftpay

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betmaker has several good options, including bank drafts. A little inconvenient but my bank will let you wire transfer over the phone so it's really simple.

Caribsports is another good book I understand, with several funding options; I have a freind who raves about them.

Both places offer a line on MLS.

6. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Are the oddsmarkes pretty efficient at making the lines? or can you find decent opportunites where something seems out of whack?

I am just curious and looking into different peoples expereinces with gambling on MLS.. Thinking about dabbling in it :D

7. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With fewer online wagering options for American punters, it's rare to find wild variations in lines. The low juice books that are open to US accounts will offer some better lines, but it's not enough to make a huge difference for casual gamblers. With the current crackdown on online wagering in the States, you'll be more concerned with the challenges of easily funding an account than searching for the best lines -- unless of course you already have funded accounts at several books.

Good luck.

8. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I did very well a few years ago when several online bookmakers screwed up the first round of the MLS play-offs. They seemed to be thrown by the "home team listed last" US way of doing things, and had ridiculously high prices for LA (the no. one seed at the time) at home vs KC (the bottom seed). They actually had KC favored. As I recall the other matches were similarly screwed up, but the LA-KC was the one with the most outrageous prices.

I haven't seen such a goof since, but this one went completetly unnoticed. I guess there isn't/wasn't enough action on MLS for such things to register. It was also interesting that several books made the same mistake. Clearly they, at least at the time, were getting MLS prices from the same source.

9. Mike45

Mike45 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Legendzsports.com is offering a 174/174 bonus for sign ups! Just have to mention Ruby code

10. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm new to online betting, but I'm really interested in using Bodog/Nucharge. Just a few questions: Can NUcharge receive the money directly from your bank acount before transfering it to bododg? And, what method do you use to retrieve the winnings? Does it go back through NUcharge into the bank account?

Thanks for any info in advance.

11. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe it or not, it's easier than that. With your Visa, MasterCard, or bank account, you just buy "prepaid phone time" from NUCharge in values of $100, $150, $200, or $300. You'll get a card number and control number from NUCharge that you can then use at the BoDog deposit page. Your credits are transferred for cash into your BoDog account.

If you have some nice streaks and want to receive a payout, you can have BoDog credit your NUCharge account. Wait for the credit to hit and then transfer your cash to your bank account from NUCharge.

Hope this helps.

12. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

excellent. sounds really easy. thanks again. :D

13. moonraker

moonraker New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    can you not still just deposit from your checking account into bodog like you used to be able to? or is that the illegal part and the bank would reject the transfer?

14. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Hadn't heard of this option. As the money comes back home, does it have to go to a card or can a check be sent directy to you?

15. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BoDog can still FedEx a check, but you can also transfer the funds to your bank through NUCharge. Much like the function Neteller used to serve.

16. Loftus Road FC

Loftus Road FC New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    On the pitch
    Anyone play Poker Stars ? ... easy set up for money and there are always a lot of games to jump into.

17. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play about 500 hands/week on Pokerstars, but I deposited before the legislation passed, so I don't know how easy it is to deposit there nowadays. I have a friend who found it too hard to deposit on Stars, so he went to BoDog, which was easier. Full Tilt is supposed to be pretty easy to deposit as well.

18. Alothi

Alothi Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I am bumping this because new info is needed, lots of things have changed...

Where are people going to bet online for soccer games.
    How are you making your deposits.
    How long/are you getting money back, withdrawls.

Many people are using sites already listed however there seems to be a difference in how people play with -placing bets and withdrawing funds

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't re-deposited since before the legislation passed (yay!) but I haven't withdrawn yet either (I only use Pokerstars). But my friend who uses Bodog hasn't had a problem withdrawing or depositing.

20. dbuttno

dbuttno New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Bodog are relaxed on it, i do not know if they leave the tracking of IPS - not sure.

21. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Has anyone funded/withdrawn their Bodog account via eWalletXpress? Looks like it takes a while for them to verify your bank acct but from there it's pretty smooth. You have to fax them a bunch of paperwork if you want to use a credit card, so I would rather not do that. Anyone with advice?

22. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    ePassporte is another option, they seem to be getting on more poker sites, including what appears to be the Aquarium of the Month, Cake Poker. :D

23. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    Any options still open?

We're so ********ing repressed. :(

24. JuicePats

JuicePats New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Salisbury, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Murlsy

Murlsy New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Carrollton
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having issues with eWalletExpress and Bodog. I've set up an account and they drafted it out my account, but when I try to transfer it over to Bodog, it says my password isn't valid. I have to call today. How the hell does the government justify how I spend my money. They don't justify the way they spend my taxes!:mad: