Anyone knows this shirt is replica or authentic?

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Chooxch, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Hello,i got my birthday gift from my brother,a boca junior jersey,but i do not know it is replica or the authentic,anyone can spot it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JYLO

JYLO Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    looks authentic,links?

3. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
  4. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Are the badges sewn on or are they heat sealed? That's generally the easiest way to tell a legitimate authentic from a legitimate replica. The holes in the armpit area are usually a good indicator too.

Unfortunately, in my cynical opinion, given the prices on that website I'm leaning toward it being a very well done fake kit.

5. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    The badges are sewn on the jerseys,i asked the seller before i bought it.Fortunately,my kit looks authentic even if it is fake one.

6. JoeySpe

JoeySpe New Member

Oct 26, 2016
    California
    In my humble opinion not genuine, impossible for those prices

7. Footy World

Footy World Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I believe the dodgy web url should have given it away from the start. Any time you see a url that doesn't have a professional sounding business name it, it is probably a fake site. No legitimate business would be using a site name like soccerjerseys777.

And, at those prices, I have a sneaking suspicion you probably new you were buying a fake shirt to start with.

8. Footy World

Footy World Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Not always, regarding printed badges. There are often player issue shirts that vary from the stadium jerseys. The stadium shirts are for fans, so the main priority is to make them longer lasting - or it will look poor quality and reflect badly on the manufacturer. However, with player issue shirts, they are often only worn once - so the priority is to make the shirt as light/comfortable as possible. Embroidered badges are often used on stadium jerseys, while a lot of the player issue shirts have printed badges.

The biggest indication really is the simple question of why people are paying top dollar for a shirt that is apparently available for $16.99 from a legitimate retailer. As a retailer, the best way to put it is that even the most basic marketing advice would tell you that you can't sell something for one hundred dollars if the guy down the road is selling it for ten. We live in the internet age, so the guy down the road is literally just the next website on the search results.

9. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    so the question is that you want to buy the fake shirt with cheap price or authentic with top dollar.That is the question,as for me,i can not afford the authentic jersey with high price.so i chose the fake shirt

10. Footy World

Footy World Member

Mar 28, 2014
    That's fine. Just strange that you would say it's a birthday gift from your brother, while starting a thread to ask if it is real or not.

11. Footy World

Footy World Member

Mar 28, 2014
    As for the original question, that shirt is neither replica or authentic. It is counterfeit. Simple as that.

12. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Ok,you are right