Anyone interested in indoor soccer?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Red Harvest, May 13, 2006.

1. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
  2. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest, I just don't see it being a success. Even if MISL was a strong league with high profile players I would still have my doubts for pro indoor soccer in South Florida.

3. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. The article mentions SoFla being a strong market. WTF? This market is completely tapped out as far as I'm concerned. I'm a realist. Our baseball and hockey venues are mostly empty (fair-weather fans). While this is truly a grid-ball area of the state, I laughed out loud when I heard there was a new Arena football team at the Hard Rock.

Orlando? Ok . sure.
    Tampa? Uh-huh. yeh.
    So Fla? Don't bother.

Yeh. Me. :)
    I used to love to play indoors. I loved that soccer-tennis game on an indoor court, too. I'm the exception, really. .......a U.S. born white guy who's favorite sport is soccer. But if I hadn't played, then I probably wouldn't ever have become a fan of soccer at all. Food for thought.....

4. amaranto

amaranto Member

Jan 22, 2004
    I don't know. If you can put a team in a nice arena in a family-friendly area, being able to see soccer and avoid the Florida heat might be an attractive option. I'd definitely be interested if they put a franchise in Orlando or Miami.

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    What happened to the indoor league that was going to be played inside the Miami Arena. I remember some guy wanted to make a league within Miami that was going to have clubs which represented the nationalities of Miami residents.

6. assistman

assistman New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Boynton Beach, FL
    www.thewisl.com

it's still supposedly happening. Though I hear it's being delayed until after the World Cup.

7. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    If anyone wants to make a small fortune, simply start with a large fortune and invest in an indoor soccer team.

The whole business plan is 20 years out of date and currently broken. SoFLA in indoor soccer will be like the other 8-9 indoor soccer teams that are scattered across 2 leagues across the country. BROKE.