Anyone else doing a "management"-style PES or FIFA?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Auriaprottu, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah, this is now my second season in the Premiership. I think I finished in the top 10 last season, but from memory I was in 7th, I believe. It was a hard welcoming mat last season, with matches against the 'Big 5' right off the bat.

This season has been a bit more relaxed, however. I'll post some pictures up of my current squad. It's amazing to see what trimming the fat and loaning out some lower-ranked players will do for your star rating. Chesterfield is now at 2.5 stars and moving up slowly. I'm not too sure what subs I should invest in. With one of my sly 4 in attack formations, I've got a good lot of nice strikers waiting on the bench (no more than 3 in any given match, though).

But I do need some more subs, if anything the last 3 matches have proven this. 3 out to injuries and a red card here and there means I usually have 4 good subs sitting on the bench and then an injured player.

2. Mtroyo

Mtroyo New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Bensalem,PA
    I tried to do one of these but found out that I can't just let the match play out on Xbox 360. Was this on PC that you did it on and it just won't work on Xbox 360? Like am I now allowed to do PC vs PC on Xbox 360 but it is possible on the PC?

3. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If I'm understanding you right are you saying that you can't just sit back and watch your CPU controlled (managed) team play their games against CPU opposition? As in, not just simulate the score quickly but simulate the entire time on the pitch? If so I haven't managed to work out how to do that on PC either (but I haven't really tried). I'd imagine that when you go to choose the controller setup on the pre-game screen, you shift it to the middle instead of to your own side.

I'll try that later on and tell you if it works.

[edit] Also, in light of realising that shooting with the Mouse button is extremely bugged (you cannot fire with shots above the hip on most "Laces" type shots), I've switched to absolutely deleting all my previous careers and starting anew with Chesterfield and using "E" as my shoot button. I've gone back to Semi-Pro/Semi-Pro difficulty to get the hang of it things and it's working well. I haven't scored any screamers yet but I can tell the difference already...

I've also decided to start using the Australian National Team in my online endeavours from now on. Of course the USA has a great team but I decided to be patriotic and cut my losses and just try to work with the Aussie outfit ;)[/edit]

4. Mtroyo

Mtroyo New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Bensalem,PA
    Well you did understand me correctly but I tried doing what you did before and it says that one team needs to be user controlled. I guess it just cannot be done... I'll just stick to FM2009 then for management games.

I actually bought PES2009 earlier this week so I will try to do it in that game later tonight or tomorrow afternoon after classes. I love FM2009 because of how in-depth it is and I love FIFA for how easy it is to just pick up and play it and be great at it but I just missed the long hours of practice needed to become good and score nice goals in PES haha.

5. Geraldine K

Geraldine K New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    http://www.theartofmanagement.net
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    I know it's very tough to be an effective leader in a soccer team, but you do well, I mean it.

6. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    My xbox crapped out, so I can't play on that anymore, but I came across the PC version of Winning Eleven 8 (PES4) in a store at the mall for just $5, so I picked it up. It's impossible to play with the keyboard (and I don't have a controller for the PC), so I've just been doing essentially "manager mode" - I set the formations and lineups and whatnot, but just let it play out as CPU vs CPU. It's actually kinda fun.

I'm doing World Cup Qualifying with Congo DR. I finished 2nd place in my group (2 wins and 6 draws lol) and am heading to the play-off round.

CAF Group 2
    Senegal - 15 pts +5 GD
    Congo DR - 12 pts +3 GD
    Morocco - 10 pts -1 GD
    Mali - 8 pts -4 GD
    Nigeria - 6 pts -3 GD

Mali 0 - 3 Senegal
    Morocco 1 - 0 Nigeria

Senegal 1 - 1 Morocco
    Nigeria 0 - 0 Congo DR

Morocco 1 - 1 Mali
    Congo DR 2 - 0 Senegal

Mali 0 - 1 Congo DR
    Senegal 0 - 0 Nigeria

Nigeria 1 - 0 Mali
    Congo DR 3 - 3 Morocco

Morocco 0 - 1 Senegal
    Congo DR 0 - 0 Nigeria

Mali 2 - 0 Morocco
    Senegal 1 - 1 Congo DR

Congo DR 0 - 0 Mali
    Nigeria 0 - 1 Senegal

Mali 1 - 0 Nigeria
    Morocco 1 - 1 Congo DR

Senegal 2 - 0 Mali
    Nigeria 0 - 1 Morocco

------------------------

Up next I play an aggregate against either Guinea or Togo (haven't done the draw yet) and will qualify if I win.

7. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Also, I think the next-gen PES games (from PES 2008 to present) are not set up to allow CPU vs CPU games. Very stupid move by Konami in my opinion.

But the older games, PES6 or older I believe, you can let the CPU play each other. There is even a "coach" mode in which you select which team you are on, and you can make subs and stuff for that team, but you don't control any of the players. It's really nice for "manager mode".

8. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Oops, I guess I was wrong. Just loaded it up and my opponent is actually South Africa.