Any shaded seats at the "stadium"??

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by Lloyd Heilbrunn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Mom, 80 years young, was excited when I told her some of the gals she has been watching in the WWC play so close to us, and wants to go see a game.

I know the games start at 7pm, but with daylight savings, I'm still concerned that it might be a bit too hot for her.

I've played at the FAU soccer fields in the past and there were no shaded seats. But that was before there was a "stadium"? Any shaded seats now?

Thanks.

2. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    As I understand it, there is no actual "stadium" structure at the field. There are only bleachers. Here are some photos from the May 1, 2011 game. The only shade appears to be under the tent in the beer garden (6th photo).

However, FAU Athletics runs game operations for magicJack, and they've done an excellent job to make the game-day experience for fans enjoyable. You might want to contact them (Brian Dooley, the FAU soccer coach) to see if any of the seating has changed since the photos were taken or if accommodations can be made for you and your mother.

3. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. We may give it a shot anyway.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoot MRAD a PM. He went to a game down there.

And remember that the USA WWC players won't be joining their team immediately after Sunday's game. Or at least I don't think they will be.

5. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I figure they will get a little time off. I assume the local paper will tell us when they are back.

Thanks.