Any Luck Scalping at the Matches?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by NBlue, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, after a good amount of effort (though not even close to the effort put out by many here) I have become resigned to the fact I will not be able to get Croatia v. Brazil tix from the FIFA sight. Accordingly, I intend on attempting to try to scalp the tix in Berlin. Anyone had any success with this tactic so far? Any thoughts about pricing/strategy?? Thanks so much.

2. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Good question, has anyone had any luck scalping tickets over the first few games?

3. peterhen

peterhen New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    not only did I see literally hundreds of people looking for tickets, walking around with little signs, etc....I didn't see ONE scalper at the ENG PAR game yesterday

4. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just wondering, how do you deal with scalper on game day? since there is a chip which determine ticket authenticity, the scalpers can have a canceled chip, you never know. assuming no ID check, do you have any tips?

5. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ive got 4 UKR v SAU tix, but i now dont want to drive all the way up to Hamburg for the game. Has anyone seen people SELLING tickets to games in a different city to where the game is? Im only looking for face value too, plus perhaps a small transaction fee :) (i bought these tickets via FIFA resale and FIFA refuse to allow me to turn in resale tix for resale again.)

6. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there laws in Germany against scalping/touting which would require scalpers to more discreet? It would be interesting to hear from anyone who was actually asking around for a ticket. Maybe the Germany and England games had such a high demand that there really was nothing. I know I'm being stubborn but I find it hard to believe that with all the tickets that went to sponsors and other brokers that there would be no selling outside. I'd figure that broker sites like Razorgator would send a representative to games to get rid of extra seats that they didn't sell. Anyway, if anyone actually goes to a game and starts asking around for tickets, let us know how it goes.

7. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's a good point--have you seen that Razor Gators ticket prices are coming DOWN! Yes--ENG v TNT is now $700 down from $1000 for cat 1.

8. Bungers

Bungers New Member

May 24, 2006
    Scalping is illegal so you won't see touts wandering around with handfuls of tickets any deals are done out of the public eye, a mate of mine brought his euro 2004 tickets in the lift of the shopping centre opposite the stadium in lisbon. If you look hard enough and ask enough people you will find tickets.

9. Larky

Larky New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Spoke to my friend who was in Frankfurt for the England game and he said there were touts offering tickets. They were about to buy some but the police came, and they were fakes anyway, so it is best to be very careful.

10. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I figure- sometimes a "Need Tickets" sign means a tout who may be buying or selling depending on the price but they can't go out and proclaim that they are scalping tickets. Might as well ask everybody who's hanging around, it can't hurt to try.

11. Fripit

Fripit New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    was some activity in the swe vs T&T game but not as much as you would think, a lot more buyers than sellers, the price was around 300e per ticket and the touts didnt have any problem to sell their tickets

12. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Hey Guys,
    Lets keep a thread running for this, anyone who has been at the games over the past few days or over the next couple of days keep an eye open for the going price at the stadium and if there are alot of sellers, etc.

I am probably going to have to buy certain games on game day and want to figure how much to offer and also what the going rate has been.

13. GraciasViejo

GraciasViejo New Member

May 11, 2006
    Argentina
    I believe in free speach and will, hence I am not telling anybody what to do but I will post my opinion.

It is not the pigs fault, the one who feeds it is to blame.

Touts and scalpers (who buy tickets in detriment of true fans) exist only because there are selfish people who think in their own enjoyment without taking in account the long term of their actions, that buy from them.
    If you would accept the fact that you didnt get tickets (due to any reason such as lack of time, will, luck, etc.) and watched the games on TV, scalpers wouldnt have a market and disappear, making availability of tickets bigger next time.
    The harm you inflict on true fans is double when a club/FA official decides to hike prices because sees what some people are willing to pay for a ticket.
    Dont be selfish. Thousands, what am I saying?, millions of people who love the game lack the possibility of even watching it on colour TV.
    When you buy from a scalper you are hurting fooball.

Let the roasting begin...

14. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    What you are saying is true, but lets get serious a bit as I live in a city where scalping happens daily (for the Toronto Maple Leafs) and if it wasn't for those scalpers you could never get your hands on a pair of tickets. Sure you pay a premium, and if you are not content with the prices then watch the game on TV. I am not going to pass up going to games at a World Cup while I am 30 years old so I can better the future of World Cups because if I dont buy the tickets the next person walking by will and nothing will be resolved. I do agree with you as to what you are saying, but I am not going to sit back and watch others attend the game that I wanted to attend. Make sense?

15. Nitrain00

Nitrain00 Member

May 23, 2006
    I have only seen one person sell tickets on the street and I have seen hundreds of those with signs reading "I need a ticket" etc. From talking to peopleit seems that the majority are ok with just going to the fan zones (man these German keyboards are annoying, have to hunt and peck a little bit.) Going to the Fan Zones has been almost as good as going to the game I went to, it is really something special (take for example the jumbotron setup in Frankfurt where there are back-to-back jumbotrons in the Main river and beergardens and entertainment on both riverbanks. Can anyone tell me if this type of things has been seen by anyone in the US on TV or other media? I wish I was more savvy with my digital camera - I am behind the times and just bought a camera for this trip and still don't really know how to upload the photos, etc.

16. GraciasViejo

GraciasViejo New Member

May 11, 2006
    Argentina
    No. But then, I am a brainless idealist...and instead of asking my father´s brother for tickets, I spent days and weeks in front of the computer finding out about Sleeper, fishing and getting tickets for 61, 62 and 64.
    My uncle is the CFO of Coca Cola Argentina, I hate Sponsor tickets too.
    Enjoy your trip.:)

17. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Trust me I have been sitting here infront of my computer for a few weeks and I still dont have the tickets that I want so scalping is my only option! I did manage to get a few games that I want but one of the main ones I cant find anywhere!

18. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To you German-speaking people, does this make sense?

Ich benötige Karten Portugal gegen Mexiko

19. GraciasViejo

GraciasViejo New Member

May 11, 2006
    Argentina
    "I give away tickets Portugal v. Mexico"

you must be joking....

20. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was supposed to say "I need tickets to Portugal vs. Mexico" haha. Any help?

21. guyarthur

guyarthur New Member

May 24, 2006
    Germany
    What you want to say is:

"Ich möchte mit jemandem aus Potugal oder Mexiko schlafen."

Good luck

22. docf

docf New Member

May 12, 2006
    Malmö, Sweden
    I was in Dortmund for SWE-TNT and also i Cologne & Gelsen the days after. There were lots of people trying to sell me tix and 80% of them had signs that said "NEED TICKETS" or similar and they came up to u and asked if you have tix to sell, when u said "no" the asked "need any?" - so all of them with signs looking for tix are maybe actually selling!

docf
    SWE

23. Cybil

Cybil New Member

May 10, 2006
    You guys are cruel....then again, maybe he'll get lucky!

24. GraciasViejo

GraciasViejo New Member

May 11, 2006
    Argentina
    Of course it says NEED...!!!!!

25. JonnyM

JonnyM New Member

May 11, 2006
    I was at the Aus v Japan game and there were alot of tickets on offer for sale outside the ground - I know prices were around X3 face value but were going down towards kick-off although I'm not sure how much they were going for at the end as I was in the stadium. I didn't see anyone getting checked at the turnstiles so the odds of not getting in due to not having your name on the ticket are low I think - although the problem of fakes would be high particularly for the more popular games. I think a good strategy would be to hang around the ticket centre and ask people in the transfer queue since if they have spare tickets they can not only sell them to you but you can get your name transferred on to them - so definitely genuine tickets and they have your name - I saw 2 people in 30 mins get tickets this way.