Any Good GK Drills???

Discussion in 'High School' started by tavasko, Dec 23, 2007.

1. tavasko

tavasko New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Texas
    Ok, I'm 15 and I go to Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas. I am a GK and a striker, but I am just playing GK at my school. I'm new to the school, and we dont know who is the varsity keeper. Does anyone have anything good to do, when ur alone to just get better. Like on Goal kickes and different things. LIke on my Goal Kicks, they suck most of the time, b/c when i'm doing them, i am thinking too much and F them up. LIke i plant with my left foot, but right before i stike the ball my left foot kind of slips almost and i am on the site of my foot so i always pull the ball low and left. But when i'm not trying hard, i can kick it good and far. But does anyone have any good drills i could do, for goal kicks and anything that would make you a better keeper overall??

If you do please let me know. Through this thread or PM, thanks.

2. GKbenji

GKbenji Member+

Jan 24, 2003
    Fort Collins CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to JB Goalkeeping. Lots of tips, including goal kicks (see the Distribution page) and sample training sessions.

nicklaino repped this.
  3. tavasko

tavasko New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Texas

Thanks man, anyone else have anything?

4. FloridaSoccerCoach

FloridaSoccerCoach New Member

Jul 16, 2007
  5. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    wow, great site do you have a site that good for other drills or anything else?

6. FloridaSoccerCoach

FloridaSoccerCoach New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    We have a similar free site under construction for youth soccer drills. If you sign up for the goalkeeping site then you will be added to the mailing list and you will be notified when it goes live. Thank you for the kind words!
    Erik.

7. cws2007

cws2007 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Check out www.goalkeeperweb.com.

It's a growing community of drills, techniques, videos, etc. Goalkeepers/coaches from around the world can upload drills or link to others that they find. It's categorized nicely and the database continues to grow.

The hope is to become the main GK resource for keepers and coaches alike because of the community adding what they find online or their own drills.

8. soccer8

soccer8 Red Card

Dec 15, 2009
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Jacob Camacho

Jacob Camacho New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know it is a bit off topic but I am a 14 year old from Trinidad and Tobago. I am a huge Manchester City fan and I am a goalkeeper for my high school soccer team here in Trinidad in the Caribbean. As luck would have it, the local cellular provider has a national competition here in the 14 - 16 year old category where we did a lot of drills and the top five selected get to go to Manchester City and actually see the Ethiad and train with City coaches. I of course tried out among hundreds of others and got selected as a wild card entry to go through to the next round. the catch is that I need people to like my Youtube video. So I am reaching out to all of you to help me reach my dream and view and like my video!!! Pleaseeeeee! So please look at it and give a thumbs up!

10. Practicemakesperfect

Liverpool
    United States
    Sep 8, 2017
    Www.instagram.com/jjsoccerdrills there are some great drills here!