Any advice on where to stay in Lyon

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by hearts123, Feb 8, 2016.

1. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    But hopefully we can arrange something for France-? :):):) (congrats France) match 40 or around semifinal...? I'm in...any date
    Thx

2. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    @guignol
    Now the weirdest question....If I have a spare day...is it possible by rental car to drive to a skiing place and just for fun, have a afternoon ski session...? Starting 08.00 and getting back say 18.00, possible?

3. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heartily recommend Lyon. Had some early evening drinks at Buvette Saint Antione with great views overlooking the river. Watched the Hungary win there. Then over to La Rue de la Monnaie which is where the King Arthur is. Didn't go there as it was full of Northern Ireland fans banging on bins as drums. Lots of good bars and restaurants around there. Would highly recommend wandering around this area before finding somewhere to eat and drink.

The transport system is very good. Allow plenty of time to get to the stadium though as it a long journey.

Lyon is the sort of city I could easily live in. Appears to offer a great lifestyle.

On the football it is a very good stadium. Italy looked very well drilled with the advantage of being in the ground and seeing the formation more clearly than on tv. Might be a while before they concede. Belgian fans were good fun.

guignol repped this.
  4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    since I don't ski I asked coworkers who do and tbey stared at me wide eyed - even the highest resorts that stay open the latest close around the end of April. people ski a lot around here, but not in June.

5. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Hi we are going to travel from Lyon to Marseilles on the 7th. Can I just buy a ticket at the station or should we book?
    Thanks

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tickets are so easy to get online there's no call to spend 20 minutes in line at the station. that's my view of things anyway.

hearts123 repped this.
  7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    about my idea to show people around town, Friday evening I'm busy and Sunday I play in the morning and will probably stick with those friends to watch the R16 match which is 3pm. but if anyone is interested we can meet up on Saturday. any times/places that suit?

MyB5 repped this.
  8. TomMoore321

TomMoore321 Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Book online and print your ticket off. You might even get a cheaper advance fare.

9. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    It's a longshot but does anyone have any accommodation in Lyon they no longer need they wish to sell?

10. Leigh Shrimper

May 9, 2016
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    PM sent