Antonio Valencia - Part 2, Man. United

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh dear God I hope not.

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude. That'd be sick haha. I would love for Valencia to go to Barcelona. He can be great there.

4. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would love to see Valencia go to my team! That would be dope as hell.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He'd be a flop at FCB. Weird they even considered him.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol

That ain't your team unless you're from there or live there bro.

7. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don't hate preemee ;) thats my fave club team. La liga is my favorite league.

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who was that that said falcao was going to bench Valencia? Should have kept chicharito, anybody see his misses today?

Quilotoa repped this.
  9. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Vote: January's Player of the Month
    It's time to cast your vote for ManUtd.com's Player of the Month for January...

Daley Blind | 4 appearances, 1 Man of the Match award, 2 assistsShowed his versatility over the course of the month and has slotted in seamlessly since reappearing against Southampton. A devilish cross from the left led to a great chance for Juan Mata against the Saints but his best work has come in the centre of the park. Outstanding in the win over Leicester City, when he set up Robin van Persie's strike and the own goal by Wes Morgan.

Marcos Rojo | 3 appearances, 1 Man of the Match awardAlthough he only returned from injury for the final three fixtures of the month, the abrasive Argentinian is looking more and more like a traditional Manchester United centre-back. Firm in the challenge and dominant in the air, he also passes the ball with accuracy and efficiency. The Reds' top man during the 0-0 draw at Cambridge, he was also impressive in helping to shut out QPR at Loftus Road.

Antonio Valencia | 4 appearances, 1 assistPowerful and adaptable, the Ecuadorian has looked at home even when operating as an orthodox right-back, after appearing at wing-back in a 3-5-2 formation. Always encouraged by the fans to get forward and take on his opponents, it was his cross that allowed Marouane Fellaini to break the deadlock at QPR. His solid performances have kept him in favour with Louis van Gaal.

Vote now in our poll >

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Warrior.

Manolo repped this.
  12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who they got as strikers? They suck.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Well, AV25 has officially had his worst moment in a Man United shirt today. A bad backpass that resulted in them losing the FA Cup semifinal. It was their last real hope of a title this season. It's actually too bad because he had a decent game otherwise, and he's been playing well in the RB position. However, this was a very, very bad and costly mistake and it will be very difficult for him to be trusted anymore in that position.

I am going to visit RedCafe and I'm preparing myself to read what they have to say about him right now. At this rate, he'll be back at El Nacional next season.

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia's renaissance as a defender has been key for United

Impressive stats:
    I find this surprising, though:
    If that's actually true, I wonder if United will be interested in Dani Alves, who's rumored to become a free agent at the end of this season.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a fantastic performance by Valencia against Man City. That one on one vs Aguero was badass. The whole crowed applauded him for preventing a goal. Huge win for Man U.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He played well today, although he probably should have some blame for their first goal. Been reading RedCafe, and the opinion on him is really divided. A lot of critics but a lot of supporters.

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Red cafe sucks. Those guys have unrealistic expectations. That what happens when you're Asian and don't have a team.

Luigi408 and cabezamagica repped this.
  18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #944 viagoal, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    This shows Antonio Valencia's true speed potential and defending. No brainer, our NT needs him in that position. I say move our other speed demon; Paredes to left full back and Ayovi to the middle.

----------------------Dominguez

A Valencia --------? ---------------Erazo---------Paredes

-----------------------------------Noboa
    ---------------------------------------------------Ayovi

Ibara--------------------------------------------------------Montero

--------------------------------------F. Caicedo

---------------------------------E. Valencia

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not just physical stuff but watch his instincts. It's pretty amazing. He is he only one that noticed out of all those defenders that Aguero would be set free from that pass. My guess playing a RW has helped him notice stuff like that. Instead of moving up trying to get Aguero offsides, which would have failed, he ran all the way from the right side to meet Aguero one on one. Didn't even let him center the ball which would have also resulted in a goal since there was a guy wide open. Best Ecuadorian player. Amazing the transition he has been able to do.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This!

These are all characteristics that we would want to pair up with Noboa. Why take out Juan Carlos Paredes from the right side? I don't know about you guys, but I for one think JC Paredes is one of the best players we have period. He's been extremely consistent at club level and always performs well since a little while before the WC. There's no way in hell I would place Antonio in Paredes' spot. Paredes absolutely needs to be the right back of the NT. Antonio has had great development in that position and evolved even more as a player b/c he's more multifunctional than ever, BUT there's no need to replace what already works. Paredes is the man on the right back side. No one is going to take that from him.

What I do believe these stats say ^ is that Antonio has the qualities to play as a #5. He's no stranger to it. In his beginnings, he was much more of a central player and later evolved into a winger and now a right back. The one thing Antonio has shown the world is that he can play anywhere. Donde lo pongas te rinde. And that's why he's lasted this long in one of the historically biggest teams in the world of futbol. That is also why players like Walter Ayovi last this long. They can literally play anywhere. Walter played as a left midfielder, winger, centermid, left back....he's done it all. And he's consistent just like Antonio. These type of players last an eternity. At the beginning of the season I was one of the first to say this is going to be Antonio's last season in Man. United b/c I honestly thought he had no chance to starting over Rafael. But once again, Antonio proved that he's that good. It's incredible to be honest.

My vote to him goes to play as the #5 of the NT even if it's a temporary fit. He has all the qualities to fulfill that role exceptionally well. The stats ^ up there (notice the key words: tackles, recoveries, more than any other player on the squad) speak for themselves. These are characteristics that I would think should work perfectly for Quinteros. He HAS TO give this try at the very least. Antonio has the qualities necessary to be a standout there.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    completely agree he plays RB in man U because it was where they most needed a player and he happened to fit best. for the nt it our midfield no need to replace Paredes and i doubt he could ever adjust to left back at this point. our left back is a whole different situation where neither Paredes or Valencia can occupy.

what I like most about what I saw when Ibarra, Valencia, and Paredes all played together was there speed there chemistry and they way moved around the field all of them moving up and down and switching positions I think Guerron can fit in and play the same way Ibarra did with Paredes and Valencia or something similar there both are very fast players

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron could technically play any of the four positions up front in Quinteros system, although IMO he would be more fit as a false 9 or on the right side. I think he plays both roles really well. And YES...Paredes-Antonio-Ibarra is an awesome trio. It is very much fit for the pace that Quinteros want to play and the balance is perfect. All three players know how to attack and defend. All of them have speed and all of them know how to project themselves forward to attack. It's an amazing idea. That's another reason why I always thought we'd have an advantage using Antonio in the middle.

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador