Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, is this the same "reporter" that we might remember from such hits as "Erik Palmer-Brown to Juventus for 1 million"?

2. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    1220039978492801024 is not a valid tweet id

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Keep in mind that table is for crosses, not successful crosses.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes... but it is impressive nonetheless.

scholes181818 repped this.
  5. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Sure. But name search “Robinson cross” and you’ll find Wigan fans upset with his lack of accuracy

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kind of like a Pulisic dribble: in raw numbers, the times he goes on a dribble is out of the charts, with good numbers for beating his first and even his second mark.

But when you watch the highlight videos, you notice 90% of those dribbles end with either a direct dispossession (even if it's the third or fourth guy, it doesn't matter), or the guy receiving the pass getting dispossessed (the pass so late, he is surrounded by then).

scholes181818 and striker repped this.
  7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I value your opinion and all... but this is nowhere close to being true.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Take away the Burnley game and he's got 2/2 in 976'. Not terrible but far from effective.

9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is an accurate stat and one could certainly argue about whether CP has been as productive as some make him out to be (including me during his hot stretch)... but the 90% statement was just very far from the truth...

don Lamb repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, I've watched the all-touches/highlights for each game (they get posted on Twitter and removed a few hours after due to copyright infringement), beyond the actual games, and I remember counting the times he dribbled and it resulted in something (his own shot or a pass to someone who manages to shoot), and the ratio was like 1 to 10.

Also, a lot of his shots are straight to the keeper's hands. So I stand by the statement: only about 10% of his dribbles result in something that demands effort by the keeper. It looks bad, but it's not so: it's just a below average for attacking players in top teams in top leagues.

It's basically CHO or Willian on a bad day.

11. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wrong thread...

I want to comment, but it so off topic, I won't.

I like the Jedi myself, I know he got roasted in his app for the USA, but he wasn't getting worked by some guy nobody ever heard of.

I would be delighted if we had a real left back playing in the championship on a weekly basis.

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    WTF cares what fans think. Look at this board! ;) What do the coaches think?

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Twitter on fire with that 10 million Milan rumor. Like a deluge...

14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    We are getting big and powerful. $72M attacker gets sub out and $10M LB isn't even called.

15. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    la strada from wigan pier

16. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    ACMilan_MP

@ACMilan_MP

·
    1h

Rodriguez out, Robinson in for Milan: There are reports the Turkish Federation has given Fenerbahce authority to purchase Ricardo Rodriguez from Milan, so Antonee Robinson could arrive from Wigan. http://dlvr.it/RNgNgr

17. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Damn actually seems legit...

Gacm32 repped this.
  18. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Any fire to all the smoke here?

Gacm32 repped this.
  19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Sure it's legit, the moment the fan forums in Italy started rolling with it I knew it was 'for real.'

Just keep in mind Ricardo Rodriguez has only played 45 minutes this season in the league, and even in cup games Hernandez has got the start.

So it's unlikely we'll be seeing much of Antonee on the field, unless Theo gets injured. And, knowing we don't have a solid history in Italy, I'd classify this as a high risk move.

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yes it does seem high risk, but playing for AC Milan even with minimum minutes can do more to raise your profile in Europe, and maybe more importantly for him his NT chances.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The rumor is that Milan is paying €12 million for Robinson, which has its fans going: "ma... 12 milioni per un panchinaro?!?!"

22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    ONLY if you play. Sitting on the bench for a big team doesn't mean squat. Years ago the Revs got a Spanish player from Real Madrid (who never played). He sucked! He got dropped ASAP. He could not play at the MLS level.

edcrocker repped this.
  23. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan have had their share of financial troubles recently..... can they afford to pay $10M and have a dude sit on the pine? It's been known about their falling revenues and rising costs. IIRC they've been in the red for a while.

24. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    fair enough. Did they pay $12m for him?

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're under the ownership of Elliott Management.

One of the shadiest firms in the planet, linked to "developers who operate in war zones" (read: mercenary groups) and that counts among its interested parties all sorts of dictators, robber barons, and people like Mitt Romney. All of that under vulture capitalist extraordinaire Paul Singer.

In the words of Obi Wan, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. And they can afford to 'lose' billions. It's like with Milo Minderbinder: for each million they 'lose', they're really making two.

largegarlic and BostonRed repped this.