Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is North Carolina.

Winoman repped this.
  2. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    yep. just checked. should have done so before.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    U.S. Soccer answers one of the questions I'd had since seeing his Twitter handle:

His father, Marlon, grew up in the Empire State and went on to play collegiate soccer at Duke University.

Throughout Marlon Robinson’s nearly 20-year coaching career, he made a habit to nickname his young players after the stars they reminded him of.

He started to coach Antonee at age five. When he began to put together the team that his son would play on, he told him that he could pick his own nickname. Antonee chose to forego association with any famous footballer.

“I picked ‘Jedi,’ Robinson said. “I just really liked Star Wars, and it’s stuck since.”​

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...mnt-get-to-know-mnt-defender-antonee-robinson

https://twitter.com/Antonee_Jedi

Gacm32, HartwickFan, sakibomb523 and 2 others repped this.
  4. usind

usind Member

United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    The force is with him

Winoman repped this.
  5. FreekickSmurf

FreekickSmurf Member

Aug 11, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New favorite player; Evertonian, Star Wars fan, USMNT player!!!

Winoman repped this.
  6. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Must be fun for him and his family to play right down the road from where his dad played. With UNC grad Lichaj called up as well, there’s probably a fun rivalry going on in the back line.

7. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Sarachan name-dropped Robinson as one of the new guys that's impressed in training so I assume he'll at least get a runout if not start

bsky22, Gacm32 and TarHeels17 repped this.
  8. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Also said CCV has been superb, and that MM has grown leaps and bounds.

bsky22 repped this.
  9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, from the few vids that we have seen the kid looks legit. tough as nails with above decent speed. I hope we get the lion's share of minutes for this game.

10. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Arena praised Jermaine Jones ("what an engine") in the last June camp, he never was seen again. Arena praised Fabian Johnson in the September camp ("most technical player"), never seen again. Now two more dual-nationals are getting special mention at the end of camp. Was nice to know these guys!

bsky22 repped this.
  11. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In the games I've watched Robinson for Bolton (about 3 or 4 this season), he's like a left-footed Yedlin when Yedlin was Robinson's age. Very aggresive and active, still needs work on his defensive decision making. He's been deployed a LWB pretty often this year, which gives us an indication that he's proven to be decent enough going forward.

I think he's good enough to play at a decent level next year. Excited to see more from him.

HartwickFan, Gacm32, largegarlic and 2 others repped this.
  12. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can add when Stuart Holden was asked what new player surprised him the most, his reply was Morales, and we know what happened to him.

13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I think he's further ahead than Yedlin was at his age, both technically and tactically. He's a real player, and I think he'll get a chance at Everton. Galloway has been mediocre at best on his last two loans, and Baines is getting up there.

Patrick167 repped this.
  15. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's odd though because most Everton supporters don't seem to think he will get anywhere near the first team. Hopefully they at least give him a chance in pre-season.

16. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I find that really surprising. I've been watching him all season at Bolton, and the fans of both clubs have been pleasantly surprised with his performances.

HartwickFan repped this.
  17. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Imagine you flew from England to North Carolina, do well in training, get praised for it, and then just not play because the manager of the USM(Fing)NT can’t manage time well enough to use 6 subs in a friendly.

18. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    It is ridiculous. I think it was close between Robinson and Weah as to whom got more pre-game hype from USSF. I just picture Antonee's mother in the stands wearing all Americana, like Novocovich's, with a camera on her, but the camera never comes on.

Sarachan is a cruel joke.

19. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And its not like LB is a lock.....He played a known quantity at LB, in a meaningless friendly, in the smallest stadium known to man, for 93 min. Dave trying real hard for the job.

Midas Mulligan, HartwickFan and Gacm32 repped this.
  20. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Really hope he isn't dejected after all of that build-up. Has to be annoying for him personally to not get his opportunity last night.

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least he got to see where his dad played??

HartwickFan, Winoman and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    [QUOTE="punintended_13, post: 36457933, member: 166593"]Really hope he isn't dejected after all of that build-up. Has to be annoying for him personally to not get his opportunity last night.[/QUOTE]
    Or what? Is there a line of NTs fighting for his services?

23. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There is no "or". It just would suck for him to leave his first NT camp disappointed.

24. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Only using 4 out of 6 subs with the 4th one being Cristian Roldan, in the 92nd minute no less, is some of the most advanced high-level trolling I've ever seen.

Someone from ussf needs to sit his dinosaur-ass down and explain in no uncertain terms that unlike EPB and Robinson, he has no future with the NT beyond June

Midas Mulligan, Patrick167, chad and 3 others repped this.
  25. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    If he is that mentally weak, probably shouldn't have wasted a call up on him. But I suspect that he left proud of being in that camp.