Another referee dies after being assaulted

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by JBigjake, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kendetta

Kendetta Member

Jun 26, 2014
    WA State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just reading about this. I hope the whole prison go "united" on his @SS.

2. Telly Halkias

Telly Halkias Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Such a stupid waste, like that Brazilian ref last year whose body was torn into pieces by the crowd.

3. Pike

Pike Member

Arsenal | Hertha Berlin | Brest 29
    United States
    Jun 3, 2000
    New Orleans Born | Shanghai
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a former active referee, whenever I was go to give a red card, I always gave myself 2 to 3 times the distance. If the person makes so much of a step towards me, I back pedal almost frantically. 9/10 times the person gets defensive that they were not going to hit me. I am not sure if that is true if I hadn't done that. Most times I get surrounded by the opposing team rather quickly and the players own team holds him back. There have been times when all of this happens before I even show the red card. I also never take my eyes of a player. I almost learn this lesson the hard way. Thankfully I was with a really exp. AR and actually wrestled the guy who charged me. It was the closets I came to be assaulted. Furthermore, I never say or do anything to antagonized; even if they come to me after the game.

Telly Halkias repped this.
  4. Telly Halkias

Telly Halkias Member

Jul 7, 2014
    I reffed some club games in college and when I was in Europe.....but I never reffed again after getting cursed at threatened and spat on at my son's THIRD GRADE match when I stepped in to sub. Because some parents didn't like my foul calls. Oy vey. Someone needed a life...and it wasn't me.