Andy Williams: Goal of The Week Nominee

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL_Supporter, Aug 8, 2005.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to be perfectly honest, i would vote for ruiz, but that douche bag has made such a horrible impression on me i could never, ever vote for him. all he does is dive and b!tch. the flippin wind could blow that guy over. that crap he pulled with the ref against us a couple weeks ago should have gotten him ejected. hes the type of guy that will get totally shut down (good job akwari, you dominated him) and wont have the balls to step up and say so. instead he will give some bs excuse about how he played a poor game and could have done better instead of giving props to the player that constantly schooled him. maybe he would get my respect if he would spend more time on his feet than flying to the ground at the single touch of his opponent and then spend the next 5 minutes whining to the ref.

anywho, i would vote for youri's goal over ruizs' in a heart beat. that loft over to goalie and have it just bang off the post and in was awesome.

this is going to sound stupid, but my junior year in high school i scored a goal similar to ruizs'. i had a player running up the wing with the ball and i was about 8 yards out from goal when he passed it in to me, except he passed it waaayyy behind me. so i stopped and lunged my right leg behind me, almost did the splits, trying to control the ball and the wing player had kicked it so hard that it deflected off my heal and into the goal. it was a pretty cool goal, one of the best ones i have eve scored even though i really didnt intend to do it.

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Prk fails to mention is that he is a closet Rapids fan and is seriously considering moving to Denver, if his Grandma lets him leave.

3. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we need to start a new thread for all the RSL fans that are also closet Rapids fans? I have a feeling we may have more than one around here...

4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well i think williams has won it. 4th rsl GOTW in the last 6 weeks. we are damn good goal scorers, or ballot stuffers. either way we are just damn good :D

5. RSL_Supporter

RSL_Supporter New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Utah
    Actually, they would have to do it by IP address, but then that would keep everyone in my office from voting for GOTW and whoever votes first would represent the whole office.

6. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Being that you go through a proxy server eh?

7. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I guess if you want to ballot-stuff bad enough to delete the cookie and keep redoing it... I don't care that much - either way.

... but to each his own.

8. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no. Is this "rivalry" another of those BYU-Utah type rivalries, where only the truly diehard hate the other team, while the rest of each teams' fan-bases would secretly just like to see one or the other of the two teams do well (as in "busting" the BCS)?

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Tino Palace's weekly MLSNet column, after quoting Andy Williams as saying his wife told him to shoot more often in the Chivas game:

"Speaking of his goal, that was Goal of the Week? The only way that beats Little Fishy's backheel (and probably Youri's chip) is if MLS rigged the voting to get more pub for the 5,000th goal, or if there is nothing to do in Checkettsville but sit and pump votes into the website."

10. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMFAO. wouldnt surprise me for either point. i think i voted like 5 times, work has been REALLLLLLLYYYY boring so i had nothing better to do. we just looovvvveee supporting our team :D #1 fans fer sure.

11. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, just remember that TP is a Dallas fan so he'd be saying this regardless of who won if it wasn't the little Fish.

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys really think we were voting for goals other than Williams because of team pride? Not me. Williams' goal just wasn't that special compared to the others.

13. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    No... but you know as well as I there were a bunch of people voting FOR Ruiz to try to offset the Williams vote - they said so in their posts in the main thread (N&A or General - I don't remember which).

14. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really and that wasn't my point. I'm just saying that TP is a whiny FCD fan and that he'd be complaining regadless as long at Ruiz didn't win. Can you imagine what he would say if Williams won and still played for Chicago?

15. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    fixed ;)

16. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cheeky monkey.

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I am, I am. :)

And you're going to even be more bitter this next week when Kries gets the goal of the week for scoring his 100th tonight.

:D

18. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be an amazing feet because I'm not sure if MLS even has it on tape. It was an amazing shot though. Definitely would win GOTW.

19. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    This thread is about Andy Williams' GOTW.