Andrija Novakovich at Calcio Lecco 1912 (Serie B)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bshredder, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Tbh I've only seen highlights, but as I wrote before he surprised me with being quite agile for such a big guy. So I wouldnot mind to have a gamble on it. The proof is always in eating the pudding. Seen so many promising guys in all lines of the team that froze in the intimidating stadium "de Kuip".
    He would benefit though from being thaught the ropes of the master striker's tool set by Roy Makaay, aka "Das Phantom".

Winoman repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    970171458407120896 is not a valid tweet id

3. Danny Woodhead

Jul 12, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Cape Cod Crusaders
  4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    the dutch have such a funny accent. I adore it

HartwickFan repped this.
  6. Well, I'm not so keen on men adoring it, but when I noticed American women did I was very happy with it:);)

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    my 2 Dutch pals are from Schevengen (I always do poorly with spelling). And 1 of them is like a sister to me, so I try not to mock her so much, but her accent always makes me smile. It's unique I suppose is the word I look for. A dead giveaway that this individual is a Dutchie and not a German ;)

I have no doubts. But first they'd need to know where to find the Netherlands on the map :p

8. RolandLGIII

RolandLGIII Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Excited for Nova getting a chance with the Nats! His breakout season here has been an eye opener for all. Can't help but notice some similarities to Mueller ..

HartwickFan repped this.
  9. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #709 The Irish Rover, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  10. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
  11. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    I was wrong; I guess I let my love of Stam the player cloud my judgement. Hopefully the next manager is more keen to play Novakovich.

12. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I really don't even want him at Reading anymore. Hopefully, Reading will accept one of the offers that I am sure will come their way for kid.

13. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Were there changes in the squad that came so close to promotion?

15. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    Not huge changes- Reading should've been more ambitious in the transfer market to push for promotion, but Stam didn't get the best of the players he had.

Winoman repped this.
  16. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Reading staves off relegation in Novakovich is playig their next season.

17. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They lost a BL1/EPL-quality DM in Danny Williams. That'd leave a hole in most Championship midfields.

mschofield, Gacm32 and KicksNgiggles repped this.
  18. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    He was playing as an 8 for them.

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  19. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The players they've lost over the last 10 years would make for a decent Prem club (if they were at their peaks, of course. Right now it would be pretty thin, and old). Stam at this point in his managing career is a system manager. Williams was great in his system. Reading lost a standup keeper in al Habsi. Stamm got a last great season out of a striker named Kermogant (19 goals last season, 1 this).
    Stam plays a very Dutch hold the ball forever system, and he didn't have the right players to win with that this season. The fans have been calling for his head since at least October.
    Reading are three points clear of relegation as of now. They've been bumping along the lower mid range all season. Any kind of a new manager boost should see them stay up.
    If they go down, I'd guess a player such as Nova might be fairly central to their plans. Rebuild with youth is always a good motto after a fall.
    If they stay up it will depend on the new manager. I have no idea what to expect this off season from the owners. This is the fourth set of owners Reading have had in the last couple years, after Sir John (legend, a not quite rich enough rich guy), the lying Russian suspected mobster, the rather odd singing Thais (who had no idea running a club cost so much) and now the new Chinese consortium.
    My reality, I made a very tidy bit on Reading in 2005/06 which I wisely decided to invest entirely in more Reading (games, shirts, but mostly bets). That kitty dried up at the end of last season, which I saw as a sign. Reading have been on an historically amazing run these last 20 years (in terms of club history, just above relelgation places in the 2nd is not at all bad). It started with this. Note both managers, Pards for us, and ... Sir Steve agin us!
    I think it's time for a major overhaul.

20. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Clement, eh? He's got a history with youth teams, and he did a decent job avoiding relegation with Swansea, before he wasn't doing a very good job at all and was fired himself (he was the guy who replaced Bob at Swansea).
    No idea what this means to Nova, beyond the fact that it's now a fresh start.

21. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like thy aren’t in the position to ignore a homegrown player tearing it up on loan. I’m sure he will be integrated for next season.

22. I hope he has a relefation clause in his contract.

23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point. Probably not considering he's a youth player.

24. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seeing as his current contract had him playing with youth teams and not the first team, then sent on loan to what has to be considered a lower league at this point, that's almost certainly not the case.
    He's had some success on loan, and Reading have an obvious and glaring need for a striker, so if he's ready and up for it, he should have a good chance.
    But we really don't know what to make of yet another set of new owners and we don't know what commitment they've made to a new high-ish profile manager. Championship clubs, as much and maybe more than any league on earth, wildly overspend. Player spending at 80 percent of revenue is not uncommon, despite 45 percent of revenue being the top end for a healthy club. It's a mix of ego overdrive, and greed at the possiblity of the prem money. If Reading just survive relegation, they're going to want a PR move in the transfer market.

25. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm his agent I'm pushing hard for a move coming off a highly productive season in a lower league in the final year of a deal. He doesn't want to end up back at a similar level which League One would be, or in the same division as previous with the old organization that didn't give him a chance before and has a new manager unlike the one he has developed a relationship with, and when he'd essentially be a loanee for them in the final year of his contract. He knows he has luster in the Dutch system. Move up to the top tier secured on a long-term contract where the team is invested in him and has a history of integrating. I feel like if his agent doesn't push hard for something like this from club and player he's doing his client a disservice. At least after a pre transfer window trial that hasn't gone great with plenty of opportunities.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.