Anderlecht... let the kids play 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by panicfc, Nov 27, 2014.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So living in the US I don't get to see Anderlecht play often, Champions League is usually it.

So when they come on, I try to watch.

First game, the kids were fantastic against Arsenal at home, thought they were going to get the upset.

Second game against Arsenal again, I didn't watch this one, but was blown away hearing the comeback.

Third game, vs Galatassary - great game, fun to watch.

Dennis Praet - Been following him for 3 years, kid has all the moves, vision, and that cross to Najar in the Arsenal home game was a thing of beauty. How he created space to get it off was so creative.

Youri Tielemans....holy crap, the kid is 17. Looks like he is 12, plays like he is 25.

So many more, but now I'm getting sleepy, and my memory is fading on the names.

The speed of their attack added to their skill is really fun to watch.

Gorando repped this.
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Knocked out last year's champions, Barcelona, to reach the QFs without the likes of Tielemans *tips hat*
    Broke the record for highest attendances for UEFA Youth League games *tips hat* ... to compare, the Ajax - Barcelona tie almost attracted 3500 supporters in last year's edition ... this year Anderlecht - Barcelona attracted almost 13000 supporters.

In the upcoming tie Anderlecht will face Porto (in Brussels):

[​IMG]

Gorando and panicfc repped this.
  4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very impressive.

5. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    #6 Blondo, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    RSC Anderlecht 5-0 FC Porto

Anderlecht are through to the UEFA Youth League semi-finals (against Shakhtar), Michy's little brother (Aaron Leya Iseka) now is the top scorer and again a new record crowd ... 13,162.

6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Anderlecht reaches the R016 of the 2015/16 Youth League after beating Arsenal ... that goal @1'07'' ... sh1t g'damn that's beautiful #InYouthWeTrust

panicfc repped this.
  7. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  8. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Dinamo Zagreb fielded a player that was suspended ... Anderlecht won't lodge a complaint with UEFA ... Anderlecht feel they don't deserve to advance at the expense of Dinamo Zagreb (who were better on the day).

9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    After knocking out Barcelona again (2-0), the Anderlecht kiddies return to Nyon for the SF against Chelsea ... the other SF will be PSG v. Real Madrid.

[​IMG]

avdmeers and panicfc repped this.
  10. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    If Chelsea youth team is anything like the senior team (uninspired, slow and lethargic), this should be too easy for Anderlecht. Unfortunately, Chelsea does cram a lot of talent among their youth ranks (they're just never integrated in the senior team lol).

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.anderlecht-online.be/en/article/150549

François 'Swat' Van der Elst has died tonight. The former Belgian international and Anderlecht icon suffered a heavy heart attack on New Years' day. Since then, he was in a coma, but he died last night. Van der Elst became an European football star in the 70s

Blondo repped this.