Ander Herrera Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was just coming to shout about his pressing and ball recovery. He's been absolutely immense. So important in fact that we need a second Ander. Can't afford to be without what he offers.

2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    on top of all that he actually wants to stay. give him the contract. not like he will break the bank.

plus he will be an infinitely better (c) than Valencia

Gilma1990 repped this.
  3. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Herrera should be Manchester United captain.

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/seven-times-ander-herrera-proved-he-should-be-man-utd-captain/1082685

It's a no brainer at this point. Even more so due to the fact that he's now an unquestioned regular under Ole (and one of the team's best players to boot).
    I hope he gets the armband by the start of next season. AY has done a serviceable job with it, but Herrera is just perfect and it makes you wonder if that would get him to raise his game even further, just by virtue of actually being the skip.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anonymous_United and Ashur repped this.
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    fully deserved. only P6 and maybe Lindelöf could have claimed the honour ahead of him

johno repped this.
  8. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Losing Herrera would be gut wrenching.

10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He is worth £50 million in current market. We signed a pinched fit Sanchez for 400-500k/week and if we cant afford to pay Herrera 150k it would be so stupid crazy dreadful on woodys part.

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Weird. Doesn't make sense and he seems like a pretty loyal guy.

12. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that would seriously bum me out.

Amdrag repped this.
  13. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    How would it be "unloyal" (i know) for him to join another club?

Amdrag and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just mean he seems like he wants to remain here and isn't going to be pulled away by money.

I wonder what we have offered him? Maybe it's the fact that we won't give multiyear deals to guys after 30?

Or it could all be bullshit.

15. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    How depressing. If he leaves, that's a major roadblock to rebuilding the squad since he's part of the team's spine. He's one of the few who understanding what it means to don that shirt.

Futbol_Head and United 16 repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/manchester-united-news-herrera-psg-16012282

It only means so much with no direct quote from anyone (least of all Herrera himself), but the story that he was ready to leave and sign with PSG of all clubs, never made sense to me.
    Marca is the original source on that for starters (which is a bit fishy), plus unless there was a complete breakdown with the club, that simply flew in contradiction with what we were lead to believe from Herrera himself.
    We'll see, I suppose, but I can't imagine us being that dumb, especially after just giving new (and large) contracts to the likes of Jones or Smalling...

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Not very reassuring.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It would really hurt to lose Herrera, especially now that we finally have a manager and setup that lets him thrive in his worker role. But if PSG are willing to give the guy a significant amount of money more than us and a longer contract, it's hard to blame him for going. I just hate that its PSG.

I still think this may have something to do with contract length. PSG are rumored to be offering him 3 years. I wonder if we're trying to pull our "1 year contracts only on players over 30" with him and hes not having it.

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all a matter of perspective, because I'm really not worried about Herrera. He's made it clear that his preference is to stay, he said as much publicly and he surely conveyed the same to his agent and is just letting him work on the details, with his focus being on the remainder of the season..
    United have no excuses not to give him a multi year contract since they've just given one to Smalling and they're both 29 (separated only by a few months). Think it's really a matter of when (he signs a new contract with the club), not if. Just wished it was sooner rather than later though.
    United don't re-up Herrera and it means they have to shell out tens of millions for a another midfielder: easy choice from their perspective really.

21. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Herrera admits his agent is talking to other clubs (which you can't blame him for given his contract is up in 3 months).

So this is not just idle press speculation.
    https://www.teamtalk.com/news/herrera-says-he-knew-truth-about-his-future-would-come-out

22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  23. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Herrera's response sounds like he wants to stay here but we aren't offering enough.

He deserves a reasonable contract and it'd be a total ******** up for the club to let him go.

24. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Woody gave a 29 year old Sanchez a 4.5 year contract on around 500k per week.

Consequences of that are that he now some precedents that will give him issues with a whole number of players on contract renewals. He has seriously undermined himself.

Woody created this situation and is going to have to deal with it and it will cost the club more financially. He is just going to have to suck it up.

Amdrag, doubletrouble and Gilma1990 repped this.
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States