Ander Herrera Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    LGRod, Sofabloke, johno and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #627 Ashur, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    For that alone, he deserves a new contract at the club... :cool:

In a serious note, I really hope he does survive the expected culling that is reportedly going to take place this summer. He may not necessarily be a regular going into next season, but as one of the options afterwards in midfield, we'd be hard pressed to find anyone with his quality.
    Plus, he has the attitude we want and need as well. He really loves the club and is more than happy to contribute in any he's asked to. He stays, no question.

3. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man how petty would it be if City filed a complaint?

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Ander gets significant playing time in the run in, very important to establish if he can regain his best form. A fit and in form Ander makes Pogba more effective and may mean we can purchase just one CM this window and focus on the RW awe so desperately need.

benni... repped this.
  6. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We are losing 2 first team CM this summer. We need 2 minimum incoming, regardless of Herrera.

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After Carrick steps down and Fellaini leaves as expected, we're left with Pogba, Matic, Herrera, McTominay and AP.
    We could potentially make it work with just one addition in CM but it could be somewhat of a risk, as far as I'm concerned and would rather see us go with a 6 and 8 both.
    Would like to believe that Timmy will return as an option in midfield, but he's clearly seen as a defender at this point.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I’m counting McTominay as a CM squad member moving forward.

Pogba, McT, Herrera, Matic + 1 that seems fine to me, not ideal, but if he new CM is elite, then I’d have no problems with that as our depth.

Especially if AP is available as an understudy to Pogba.

9. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    AP is still huge unknown under Mou and in the PL.

To have him, McT plus a new guy as our only real depth is too great a gamble in my opinion.

The only way I see it working is the assumption we go with a 2 man MF most of the time, with a 10. Then we circle back to the entire Pogba debate.

10. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I think AP leaves.

Father Ted and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't necessarily believe that it was intentional on his part, but it really does not matter. Players run their tails off, get parched, they spit, end of story.
    I just find it very ironic that he did it right on the City logo. But also, Herrera has that side to him, so it would only be a mild surprise if he actually meant it.
    Plus, if he did know what he was doing, it's not like he's going to admit it publicly anyhow...

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    One for the memoir.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is so Herrera though and partly why we love him. He's got that nasty side to him, that he tries to disguise under that baby face of him. And it really was on full display in this game, especially in the second half, it was great.
    Just the fact that he's using the term "mortified" is hilarious to me: sure Ander, we got you, wink-wink...:ROFLMAO:
    And the FA or anyone else can do nothing about it either. Unless he knelt by the logo, hacked up and let one go, there is absolutely no way they can know, much less prove his true intentions. City can be pissed (and to an extent it can be understandable, I suppose) but that's as far as it goes. That would have been a non story had City won the title...

14. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    As much as I dont want it to happen, I think so as well.

I dont think he offers what Jose wants in CM. Well, because he's not a CM.

15. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I also think him and his agent are going to ask for play time guarantees. Jose won't work with that.

benni... repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Jose actually holds a grudge on him leaving for Valencia this season, AP will stick around at least for the coming season. Jose apparently does value him and as Pogs's immediate backup (among quite a few positions he can cover btw) there's no one better on the team at this time.
    AP likes the club as well and wants to make it there, therefore they'll give it a go for next season and see what happens. It may well culminate in AP not thinking he's getting enough playing time, and he might elect to leave subsequently, but I see him trying at least to force his way into Jose's thinking. I imagine it can't be lost on him that despite his success with Valencia, things might have been very different for him had he chosen to stay.

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    been saying this all along. there's been zero indication he is going to stay or that he's in the good books of Mourinho

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LGRod repped this.
  19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Now correct me if Im wrong, but Jose has never implied said he values Andreas. He definitley has never said anything publicly [or to Castles ;)] about what position he see's him.

20. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Andreas, not Ander.

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was unable to find them now, but there were reports when Jose was asked about AP, he said that he values him as a player and monitored him.
    He said that he was glad to see him doing well, even though he was playing in a position in Valencia they don't have at United. But he never actually went out of his way to thrash him and it looks like he'd welcome him back. I think the assumption he'll be definitely gone are off the mark.
    There are reports that AP will look for some assurances from Jose and lots will be made out of that as well. I can't think AP to be stupid or naive to think he'll step right in as a starter, but I think it's only normal he'll be wanting some assurances that he'll get opportunities at least.
    I do believe that Jose will want to see firsthand what he has in him and what he can do, before deciding to let him if things don't work out as hoped.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I actually remember something like that months ago.

23. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ander is an epic red for me. This season was more or less forgettable for the Spaniard, but he was immense for us in 16/17 and played a massive role in beating City last weekend.

I'd love to see Andreas come back, but his future at United is not looking good.

LGRod repped this.
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herrera's (re)emergence unlocks big game formula for United.

www.mufclatest.com/ander-herreras-emergence-unlocks-big-game-formula-for-manchester-united

Coming back into form at the right time and he's looking to play a big part in the team and it's success for the remainder of the season.
    Just hoping that he'll be offered and sign a new contract soon. Even if we bring in a couple of CMs this season, he'll still be of huge importance for us, for his passion and relentless nature alone