And then there was one (a rant)

Discussion in 'Africa' started by aegibson, Apr 19, 2018.

1. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me start by saying my rants reach stream of consciousness level real quick. This will be all over the place.

Where do I begin. Where the hell do I begin. I know, Plateau United and their pathetic display. A week after they tried to bribe the referee (yes I believe it) they completely shit themselves in Algiers.

Akwa United are out on away goals. They at least tried.

MFM had a lackluster performance in Mali and failed to advance.

That leaves Enyimba to fly the Green White and Green on the continent. Mind you they couldn't score on a 10 man Wits, but they advanced.

Also the updated 5 year rankings are out, Nigeria fell to 13 (tied with Ethiopia) which means one club in the 2018-19 Champions League (NPFL Champions) and one in the Confederations Cup (Aiteo Cup Winner) back to 2002 where this league belongs.

What else, how about the NNL delaying the start of the season (latest rumor is that it will start on April 28) because of player registration issues.

The NTA, the less said about them the better. They were supposed to show (at some point during the week) EVERY DAMN GAME and upload them to YouTube. Most weeks the main channel stream isn't even up.

2. Ndlovu-khosi

Ndlovu-khosi New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i used to watch the league when supersport used to broadcast it in southern africa and it seems to have a lot of potentail. Enyimba are very experienced in the continent while all the others seem lack said experience. both plateau unIted and Akwa united could qualify next season and have a better perfomance.