And the last 4 dropped from the squad are....

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by HiJazzey, Jul 6, 2007.

1. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    * Mohammad a-Shalhoub
    * Hamad al-Montasheri
    * Saleh Bashir
    * Saheb al-Abdullah

No, I'm not kidding. The above is official.

God help us.

2. forza hilal

forza hilal New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Mohammad a-Shalhoub & Hamad al-Montasheri.
    the best deffinder and the best play maker in ksa. and also the two players who win best asian awards.

Shalhoub may be injuried & we have abdu oteef in the same level. but i don't think that there is any deffinder better than hammad.
    he have to dropped reda tokar instead of Montasheri

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    No Noor, no Hassan Mo'ath, no Montasheri, no Shalhoub, plus injuries to Abdulghani and Ghamdi (although he's still in the squad). We're left with a team with weak fullbacks, paralysed right side, little width, questionable defence (say hello to the Hawsawi/Abdrabbo partnership), and a shortage of creative players. I can pick a team from the people left behind that would be as strong if not stronger than what we're sending to Jakarta.

4. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    I was quite shocked to hear of this news today, what the hell are the Saudi FA thinking?!?! These 4 players are integral to any chance Saudi has of reaching the final...

Good luck to the Saudi national team in this tournament!

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This is unbelievable, first heard it from some relatives, but I didn't believe them, know I login to Bigsoccer and see this thread, well just great. I hope its a mistake, because Nour wasn't called due to his 'old' age, but why Hasan Mouath, he is better than Abdullah Shael even though Shael was chosen to the 33 player list. Now Shalhoub and Montashri, okay I would accept the fact they won't play as starters, there is Osama, and Tukar, and for Shalhoub Abdulrahman AlQahtani, but why the hell you remove them from your squad, those are the best, and most experienced (Compared to real experienced players they are nothing). Now half the squad is playing for the first time in their lives with the NT, and the other are substitutes with their clubs. Let alone two other important players are injured. Let us all pray for these NT to do something in the AC.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    And some more bad news, Waleed Abdullah's daughter has died, allah yir7mha, and he has returned to Riyadh and doubt he will participate. Also it seems Mohamed AlShalhoub is actually injured. :(

7. Mr.Hijazzi

Mr.Hijazzi New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Jeddah City
    Shit!
    " Play well and don't ever dream to play with the national team "
    The main saudi FA Rule

But they will Call Tayseer Al-Ntaif

8. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i think this Angos is trying to be the Next Calderon ,
    Anyway Good luck to us ..

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Inshallah, thats all we can say for now.

10. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i think this group D full of injured players...
    South Korea got 4injured players
    Saudi Got 2
    Indonesia Got 3 INjured players

11. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Who dropped them and why? Was it the FA or the coach? I doubt any of you have solid answers but at least try to investigate! This is crazy! we have no one left!

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well, it seems Angus. Saheb and Saleh being dropped is reasonable, some rumours of Hamed having a fight with Angus, but I don't think you should believe it. Then again it could be tactical, Montashri won't be playing against SK for the red card in Japan, and maybe the duo Osama and Waleed are actually better if given the chance. Shalhoub is injured, he got a new injury after NK's friendly.

Also Ghamdi's injury will take awhile, so he's been dumped, and Saheb is his replacement. So Ghamdi, Hussien, Shalhoub won't be playing in the AC for good.