Analysis of the USMNT offensive setup

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bharreld, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was well done. I think if Berhalter is slowly building from a base and trying to bring players new to his system a few at a time I think our opinion of him and the team will slowly evolve into a positive. It sort of seems silly right now to not bring in all the best players but if when they are brought in they get lots of attention to really learn it then that's fine. Might be a few lumps along the way. Forgot to mention I thought the part where he surmises the team was built around Pulisic and McKennie before Adams took off was interesting. The rate Adams is improving may force some tweaks.

bharreld repped this.
  2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. sregis2

sregis2 Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    excited too, re the infusion of talented youth, but you're deluding yourself if you think a "whole lineup built from this age group" is going to contend at the WC, let alone qualify out of concacaf.

4. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Thank you for presenting a coherent point of view, and for providing a different perspective on how/why the forwards selected for this camp are here. Very interesting.

bharreld repped this.
  5. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Not to speak for another poster, but I interpreted his comment RE: the u20 + u23 camps happening at the same time right now; those won't always be conflicts going forward.

6. sregis2

sregis2 Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    agreed, but my point still stands.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't put a date on when that happens. I expect that Sargent and Weah will be soon and a few more in a years time. Other's will slowly matriculate in a to have basically a whole squad + Brooks and Yedlin may take until the next cycle.

8. sregis2

sregis2 Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    right. if you're projecting into the next cycle, i'm right there with you.

Pegasus repped this.