Anaheim

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by the shelts, Mar 8, 2017.

1. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Anyone hear about Anaheim being a possible MASL team? I know the old Bolts of PASL played at the Convention Center but I heard discussion from a former colleague that there was a team forming. Now he couldn't tell you the difference between indoor soccer, futsal and local rec team playing kickabout, so maybe it was a futsal team.

(as an aside we have as a forum, moved away from the "I think ___________[insert any North American city here] would be great city for a team because they have 2.8 million people" types of posts. Maybe a mod might want to amend the title to Future expansion.)

SteveCo repped this.
  2. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still waiting for that Utica franchise that MISL3 promised about 5 years ago!

SteveCo repped this.
  3. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Buffalo, weren't they a 'sure thing' for Hale's IPL vapor ware league? Youngstown, OH was trying to get a team a little while back, but the young men pushing the idea didn't have any money. I've been hearing occasional mention of a team in Georgia called the Attack - they announced the hiring of a President 3 months ago. They claim to be joining the MASL for 2017-18. Obviously I welcome viable teams with strong ownership groups (read: owners with deep enough pockets to fully fund the team for a couple seasons ). I hope this Georgia team gets off the ground but until they start running their team office, hiring coaches and players, signing an Arena lease, etc., I won't spend much attention on them or any other theoretical teams. As far as Rochester, I know Soccer Sam yaps a lot but like the rest, let's wait until the team actually starts operating before getting excited about it.