An unholy Allianz: Frauen-Bundesliga 2014-15.

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ....:unsure: Some people would see that stat though, and just take it on it's face value, as a distinctly negative attribute of the German team.

I say this as no other nation has produced the same level of talent Germany has over the past decade, which most likely places the context of having 13 players born in the 90's a rather odd one to understand as a positive to observers outside of Europe.

In the end though, history is constantly written from the perspective of the winners; so it's still up to this young Germany side to accomplish what they did at the Euro's, and prove the doubters wrong on their underrated credentials to win when it matters most, for everybody to then later decide youth was a key to any success in 2015's WWC.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah cmon - it always depends on what and when to expect something of a generation. I honestly think 2015 is too soon for most anyway. But in 2019 we send a generation to the WWC that almost has to win it. This time I think is what was 2010 to the men.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Likely starters born in the 90's...
    Attack
    Popp 24 -
    Past FIFA U-20 golden ball winner, she's already won numerous titles, now holding vast experience for her age, finally coming into her own as a figure of genuine importance.
    Marozsan 23 - Near enough the same as Popp, but with an even higher ceiling for individual talent.
    Mid-field
    Leupolz 21 - Every bit what Kulig was, further ahead than where Keßler began, and comes off a Bundesliga POTY championship winning season.
    Lotzen 21 - Just back from serious career stagnating injury, but was a starter for the successful Euro's team, and has been gradually showing glimpses of something more to come for the past few years too.
    Defense
    Maier 22 - Faultless since her arrival to the senior team, and has all the traits of a potential wnt great.
    Kemme 23 - Yet to prove herself at a senior tournament, but has all the tools to be a major addition to the post Euro improved national team.
    Cramer 22 - She's not come close to showing her worth for the senior team yet, but just one of many talented new breed defensive options.
    Schmidt 25 - Not the most gifted technically, but a solid defender who understands her position very well. Only been at the very top of the domestic/European scene since the start of her pro career too.

Call me crazy, but I only see winners there... not that much inexperienced potential....:whistling:

Gromit06 repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #204 White/Blue_since1860, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    AAaaaaaaand most them play there first ever WC! Dont forget about that! To win the big games you need to have been in those games before. E.g. Germany hit 4 past England and Argentina in 2010. The talent was there. But they couldnt overcome Spain. After the CL 2013 they were ready to win it all.

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    A WWC is not extremely higher in quality than a Euro when you have all the best continental teams in it as in 2013 Sweden... So, I don't think that the WC lack of experience can be a very serious handicap for the Manschaft. Germany is still my favourite #1, even if I will support France if we have a QF between those two NT. ;)

By the way, you both wrote that Germany was underrated abroad as a clear favourite. Well, I can tell you that it is not the case in France ! There are clearly 3 big favourites given by everybody (medias, profesionals, and as supporters) : Usa, Germany and France.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So they have the experience of one tournament? Im sorry I dont think that is enough to go all the way. They will do well. But they wont win it all with that record. ;)

7. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Ok, maybe. So, who will for you ?

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Either France or Japan.

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    That would suit me, my hope being 1. France 2. Germany & Japan. 4. Brazil. 5. China (weak hope) :p

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hey, kids - get out of the Bundesliga thread! At least the past page and a half has been about the WC.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Frankfurt signs Emily van Egmond. Considering her age, and quality she's displayed for Australia in a mid-field 3, it looks to be a very good signing for a Frankfurt side in desperate need of quality CM's.

Garefrekes had a great UCL final, but is 35 now. Hendrich was a talented CM, but has been tasked with more defensive duties lately. And I think Kulig may be back for next season too, but of course who knows what she'll be like if it ever happens.

So they still need more than Emily van Egmond, but I guess it's a decent start.

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let's not forget also that, although she wasn't played much lately, I guess Kozue Ando had more a MF than a FW role in Frankfurt schemes. And I am afraid it will take a lot for Ando to get back playing (if she ever gets back, with an ankle fracture at her age!) :unsure:

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... I was reading up on the injury news in the Nadeshiko thread...:( And you right, not only is it a horrible way to exit your last WC, but it's the kind of injury which may disrupt her time at Frankfurt too.

When I've seen Ando have her best games for Frankfurt, it's been working alongside Marozsan as the second AM in a mid-field three; so if she can heal up without any complications, it will be interesting to see what Frankfurt plan to do with her and Garefrekes next season.

blissett repped this.
  14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Elise Kellond-Knight has signed with Potsdam. :thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not only she was very good at WWC, but she also played well for Iga FC Kunoichi, in Nadeshiko League, in 2014. :)

Maybe she'll get along well with her Japanese team-mate Asano Nagasato. :giggle:

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think slowly but surely Buli has too many foreigners. Too many aussies, japanese and americans. Like a free training place for foreign programs.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There's not keeping talented domestic talents out of the team though....:unsure:

Potsdam have being bringing in more and more foreign players for years now, and they been doing any better in the league because of it; so maybe your skepticism should be concerning the quality of foreign signings...?

The league has four top teams right now, so it would be crazy to think all these squads could be filled with elite domestic talents, all good enough to challenge for both domestic and European honors, no?

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Or cheap labour. I don't think Hingst and Angerer were paid top notch when they came to Sweden either.

19. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I know the Frauen Bundesliga season starts at the very end of August. How soon before the start of the season do teams call their players back for training? I ask because the East Asian Football Federation East Asian Cup tournament begins on the 1st of August. Yuki Ogimi will not be playing for Japan. She is returning to Germany at the beginning of August, I assume due to commitments with Wolfsburg. I was wondering if Japan may lose Mana Iwabuchi as well.

blissett repped this.
  20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Bayern already started last week, with WWC players gradually joining in as they return from holidays. No mention of national team commitments.

dakota701 repped this.
  21. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Thank you for the fast response. Unless Bayern allows Iwabuchi to return late, Japan may have to do without her as well.

blissett repped this.
  22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Marozsan out for at least 2 months. She will have an ankle operation.

blissett repped this.
  23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Frankfurt have signed Canada's Sophie Schmidt.

blissett repped this.
  24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    And Linda Bresonik is returning to Germany a year early to play 2nd league with Duisburg under coach Inka Grings.

jocasta and blissett repped this.
  25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wait, hold up a moment.
    Let's just keep an eye on that one, shall we?