An unholy Allianz: Frauen-Bundesliga 2014-15.

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Aug 17, 2014.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #176 White/Blue_since1860, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    How often more, batfink???

Krahn is 29, not 19. She's at the end of her career. Others are at the start of theirs. Thats a plain and simple difference. You can at least expect German NT players to sooner or later occur on a CL team's roster. You cant say that about a player who is 29 and just made her last transfer.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #177 Batfink, Jun 4, 2015
    Oh, and while I've been suggesting Carolin Simon a future senior national team prospect, fully capable of playing/excelling for a top Bundesliga team... I've got a sneaky suspicion that Linda Dallmann is about to take a step up, and find her self playing in Frankfurt's team next season too....:cautious:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @White/Blue_since1860 She's probably not looking at the next WWC, and can only be a benefit to the national squad, helping the transition to a new coach prior to the next Euro, no?

Krahn's only 29 now, and a young veteran possessing the kind of vast experience her eventual replacement (Wensing) is still a few years away from gathering in her search to be the best version of herself too. So I think it only smart to keep Krahn around, while a young Wensing get prepared to take over such a key role.

Not being in the UCL doesn't change any of that.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I had absoletly no problem with that if Krahn was still in a team that's competing in or for CL. If Krahn had moved back to Frankfurt e.g. Id keep her around for sure. But Neverkusen is a semi-pro retirement home close to where she was born. There she is not exposed to any inner team or league competition. It is actually a joke.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think your being way to reactionary and elitist on this subject of perceived status.

In the German women's game, playing/or competing to be playing UCL football, makes absolutely ZERO difference to any individuals actual quality; and what more does Krahn have to prove, by playing on a team like Frankfurt, using a back three?

In fact, I'd rather she help former youth standout's like Kleiner regain her confidence, after suffering early career stagnation within Frankfurt's circus.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At Frankfurt et al she had to compete to actually make the starting linup while in Neverkusen not.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... compete? Who is Krahn having to compete with at Frankfurt... mighty names like Kuznik, or Prießen...:rolleyes:

They play with a back three, and only have two natural CB's, both signed from lowly teams like Bad Neuenahr and Neverkusen...;); even natural defensive mid Hendrich was signed from Leverkusen, and walked in to the first team of mighty Frankfurt with ease.

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    C'mon I know you love to exercise the Frankfurt example until tomorrow but you know what I meant. A Frankfurt like team of the top 4. I for my part rate Kuznik over Krahn, esp in terms of footballing talent. In Neverkusen she basically has a starting guarantee playing infront of 50 pensionists, boy- and girlfriends.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #184 Batfink, Jun 4, 2015
    Wow, you really underestimate the role of Krahn in such a long run of significant club and international success lol.

Like I've said previously, she can look ungainly at times, but she's a consistent zero nonsense CB, and those aren't the easiest to find without numerous red cards at an elite level.

Having a guaranteed starting place because your elite at Leverkusen, isn't as negative as your prejudice makes it sound lol.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah, I dont understand her role in the past at all. I just dont rate her role in the future as high as you do. Football is daily business and yesterday's successes mean nothing. If she is the intelligent player I consider her then she will retire herself anyway.

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Your strong position is really hard to understand, I must confess.... Well, I don't, actually... :unsure:

If a player is good enough to play in the NT, she is good enought. Dot. Whatever her club, whatever her age, whatever her experience are.
    Is Annike good enough to play in the Mannschaft ? Will she lose her supposed talent once she doesn't play in PSG anymore (where she had become a substitute of Georges/Henning, and however she was and is still in the NT for the WC) and plays instead in Leverkusen ?
    If, tomorrow, Lena Goeßling or Simone Laudehr decides to go and play for Leverkusen (29 years old too), will they have to retire from the NT ?
    If playing the CL is an obligation to your eyes to candidate to the Mannschaft, how about Angerer who played successively in Australia (!!) and in NWSL while being more than 32 years old ?
    Does Rumi Utsugi have to retire from the Nadeshiko because she never plays the CL with MHSC ?

gricio61 repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It does matter very much in what kind of training enironment you are training day by day. Going to Neverkusen is going to mean Krahn has less competition, less pressure to go to the limit and beyond, worse coaching staff - it is actually the opposite. Just getting playing time at any club does not keep her at the level where she is as a player now.

If Zidane at the age of 29 had decided to suddenly play for St. Etienne or some other 3rd tier French club, do you think he would have been the same at 36 as he was in real life?

13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Hmmmm.... let me think...... YES ! Zizou was Zizou ! :D
    Maybe you have a bias against Leverkusen, after all, always calling it Neverkusen ? :p

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #189 White/Blue_since1860, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    No. Neverkusen is just their nickname. Since the early 2000s. Featuring M. Ballack ;)

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to admit I always found Lelo to appear a bit arrogant and stuff but she appears pretty nice in this interview. Maybe the acl tear she now looks at things a bit mroe relaxed:

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I don't really understand what they all say (while guessing...), but yes, she sounds very nice. Well, don't forget that young players, as she was (and still is, anyway), are teenagers, and teenagers are often a bit cocky and gently arrogant, thinking they know better than anybody. Then, like any of us, they grow up and get more mature. Ut's probably what is happening now for Lena :cool:

Who is the blonde interviewer ?

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, younger players have to earn their spot in the team and maybe appear a bit tougher than they actually are under the surface. She basically said, they have adapated well to the conditions in Canada, that it is like a dream coming true that she still made into to the squad since it was doubtful for a long time with her knee, she said the recovery time made her listining better to her body now, then she talks to her best friend about old times etc. Her favorite players/role models are Lira Alushi, Michael Ballack and Messi.

The interviewer is unknown to me but she apparently does a sport show on a local broadcaster in Berlin.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lotzen arrogant...:unsure:

I think much of what your noticing, is how much all the new school carry themselves differently from any of the generations that went before them. Like Popp constantly appearing really extroverted, Marozsan being rather reticent, Leupolz's ability to remain charming etc... Lotzen just exudes a level of confidence, in a way people can often confuse with arrogance.

They haven't left for Canada in the back drop of some amazing fanfare, they aren't taking part in promotional content telling everybody how amazing they are... no, so arrogance is the last word I'd use to describe anything I'm witnessing for any of the women on this team.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I know.... :( somehow I always found Leo, Däbi and the always smiling Melli more likable than her. I dont know why..... there's surely some truth to what you said!

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just took my first real look at the tournaments possible scenarios, and overall pre kick off hype surrounding the WWC too, and wow, I didn't realise this Germany side had come in so low under the radar in 2015 lol

So I've obviously missed something in recent times, but I guess the U.S. remain consensus tournament favourites, thanks to their team being packed with genuine "superstars"...o_O; with the likes of France, Sweden, and Japan, given increasing dark horse status over standard German efficiency too lol.

Nobody outside of Germany seems to know what German women's football has done in the four years since 2011 either, and can't seem talk about any another German wnt players outside of GK Angerer, or in their minds likely tournament standout Nadine Keßler lol; you know, like Keßler hasn't been set to miss the WC for some time now, after being injured for most of the WUCL's holders club season..:rolleyes:

Even reading on various nations new found youth success translating to a possible major effect on the senior stage, all I can see is reports on the likes of Canada, France, Nigeria and Holland, all having a new stars, with no mention of Germany's unprecedented cycle of development success at U-20 level.

These's nothing wrong with some teams being hyped, as others go into tournaments under the radar; but am I missing something with this general apathy for new look Germany?

blissett repped this.
  21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah, Germany always gets underhyped. Partly because (we? are you German?) Germans dont like hype and over-confidence. So when people looking from the outside at Germany see they dont seem to rate themselves so high then they cant be that good, right? That is the fans & media. The team I think likes flying under the radar. They also seem to believe in Silvia's credo of our first goal is to reach the olympics.

When Germany then suddenly appears in the final it is all about "clinical Germans" and "how did they do it again?" etc. Leupolz, Däbritz are totally unknown but will play a good role I think.

I for my part like other teams getting overhyped and then knocked out by Germany.

pikuchan, blissett and Batfink repped this.
  22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #197 Batfink, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    [​IMG] ... You'd think somebody calling themselves Batfink, claiming they resided in the lost Inhuman kingdom of Attilan, using a poorly redesigned Japanese Batman logo for an Avatar, would be trying to hide his/her identity lol.

But what I'll say is this, I'm on an a American forum for discussing football, having spent most of my time in Euro/German, Japanese threads, initially joining due to following the fall out of 2007 WWC, reading the constantly perplexing U.S. fans views on the reality of Germany being consecutive world champs.

I'm sure you can do the simple arithmetic, join the dots, and see which team or teams I'm on...;)

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just one moment.....
    [​IMG]
    Decoding, decoding........ jaaaaa

I think I do. ;)

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was highly impressed with Däbritz's level of efficiency at the U-20 WC, and have been pleasantly surprised with her transition in the senior ranks, even when being tasked with playing out of position. Leupolz though...:cool:

Rising star Kulig goes down to long term injury, then get's replaced with a superb Keßler, and now with Keßler the latest CM dynamo to go down, it's new girl Leupolz who comes into her first WC at 21, with all the signs indicating she's the next German CM in line for a stand out tournament on the world stage.

She missed out on the last U-20 WC success, but was a major part of Germany's best U-20 side not to win a U-20 WC. Already tasted senior tournament wnt success on her first attempt, after being part of the Euro's squad. Then moved to Bundesliga underachievers Bayern Munich, and in her first season helped them to win a league title, on the back of an individual POTY winning CM performance... can you say impressive....:notworthy:

If fit, I expect Leupolz to play every game in Canada, but probably wouldn't be that shocked to see a Däbritz or Bremer do something impressive with an unlikely starting position too.

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I totally 100% agree. And I invite you to discuss this in the WC forum. There, I already posted this
    607239054200066049 is not a valid tweet id