Amnrl

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by MrTorture, Jun 19, 2004.

1. MrTorture

MrTorture New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    San Diego,CA
    anyone here follow the AMNRL (american national rugby league)?
    i'm still pretty green to rugby but doing a bit of diggin' around i found only a handful of non-official sites that had any info or news. i found a bit of info here and there that talked about a some western teams getting added in 2005, one possibly in SD but nothing has been confirmed and info is scarce. if we don't get a team at least one in cali would be better than nothing.

2. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Rugby League, not Rugby Union. Union is bigger than League here. You may have more fruitful results looking for clubs playing Union, or following the USA Eagles. Of course, this suggestion is based on my biased preference for Union over League.

Now if you really are interested in League (sorry, couldn't tell from your comment: "i'm still pretty green to rugby" if you were or not), you may want to pursue the research on AMNRL further.

3. MrTorture

MrTorture New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    San Diego,CA
    thanks for the clear up Chandu, think i'd rather look into union if it's bigger here.

4. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Old Mission Beach AC is one of America's best rugby union clubs.

Their field's the old Chargers practice field in a corner of the Murph parking lot.

www.ombacrugby.com

Great facility, in rugby terms (played against OMBAC this year).