Amnesty for NYC2 Fans in 2009

Discussion in 'Borough Boys' started by Onionsack, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuddhaNYC

BuddhaNYC Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always have to have the last word in, huh?:rolleyes:

2. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No posts from BhoysFC1995? Maybe Eric D was too harsh on him at the frat haus at UBuff.

3. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't visit the MLS General or Expansion forum much, do you?

4. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're proud of one and not so proud of the other?

5. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that another one of the Micks you can't stand ? Or is that just Eye Ties that you hate ?
    oh and BTW..this is how you run a Supporters Club...by making people feel welcome..this is from a NJ Red Bull fan..

This past Saturday I was at The Parlour on New York's Upper West Side. I'd never seen a Scottish game before, so I figured I'd "jump right into the deep end of the pool" and see THE game.

What an experience, well worth the 15 bucks' cover charge. I was hoping the winning goal wouldn't be a fluky one, and it sure wasn't. Scott McDonald was brilliant on his score.

There were fans ages 4 to 74 there, white, black and Asian, and nobody gave any sign that he'd had too many. Best of all, no one in the place treated me like a rookie.

<< “It’s not the creed nor nationality that counts. It’s the man himself.” This is a quote that proudly demonstrates Celtic as a club open to all. >> frasermc.

The denizens of The Parlour proved you right. My thanks to all the "New York Tims" as they call themselves on http://www.nyceltic.com/

Congratulations to the Bhoys for a wonderful game. Best one I've seen all season. (Most of the English games I've seen so far have been mildly entertaining at best and damn frustrating at worst. But then, you can guess that by who my info shows I support.)

see ya can learn a thing or two from us Micks & Jocks

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like how to wear red coats?

BTW, I prefer noodles the old fashioned way, thanks! :)

BhoysFC1995 used to show up to games, but Eric D, his old frat buddy, was particularly welcoming. Must be a Midwood thing, or a frat boy thing.

Only went to the Parlour once, when Mourinho's team knocked out Celtic in a final (HA). But I've been to Rocky O's a few times. Didn't particularly like how some of the Celtic fans there were treating Rod Wallace, when he played for Rangers.

7. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No how to treat strangers new to a supporters club,its called a supporters club not clique ..Its amazing how when you talk to people and socialize with them..they sometimes join your club..oh well

I wouldn't know who he is..not a frat boy at all..working class kid

You mean kinda like saying Italian husbands beat their wives..yeah I could see how that would put you off a team or a person for sure

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Social interaction is a two way street. You have to make the effort too and not just expect everyone to roll out the red carpet for you. Many people have had zero probelms settling in with the club, i can't speak for everyone but i know i try to greet as many new faces as i see.

Bottom line though is if you want to get involved in something or be a part of something you have to put some effort into it as well.

We have doubled our paid membership and increased our overall catchment conisderably more in the past 2 seasons, so many many more people seem to be feeling ok and welocme.

Sorry if your experiance was sour but its not the norm, at least not lately.

9. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony thats just Bullshite and you know it..we did make an effort..Look at your pictures from last years Sweden game,,You'll see me and brian from here..right up next to the screen..The first time we walked into nathan hales my buddy said to me..wtf are we wearing Mexico gear ..it was like Eddie Murphy walking into the Redneck bar in 48 Hours.
    If there was a half a dozen guys like you in that club..I wouldn't be here..simple..we have at least a half a dozen guys who had the same experience as me and brian..and you know it..Hope you change it..and I hope you guys one day get a US supporters club going so we can get more people in this area going to games

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know Carlo Rizzi, very hot-headed. Played the numbers too.
    [​IMG]

BhoysFC1995? He was one of the older MLSNYC proponents. And yeah, he was a frat boy at UBuff.

Have a nice one.

11. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I get the fact that when you were little, you probably were made fun of by the Italian boys in Molloy.

I get the fact that you hated being in Queens because of said abuse.

While I'm not Italian American, I am Italian by way of Argentina, and honestly your anti Italian tirades are getting a little boring and played out.

Now if you want to elevate the discourse, be ready for the replies. You might not like what you get in return. Then again the decision is all yours.

I know you are an internet tough guy but I'm more than willing to take your silence as an apology, so that you can leave the thread with a certain amount of your ego in place.

The decision is yours.

12. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Thank you ladies and gentlemen.... this has been a
    NJ/NYC players theater production!