Pre-match: Amistosos: Turquia, em Istambul (12 de nov) e Austria em Vienna (18 de nov) [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Nov 11, 2014.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Remains to be seen. If the kid can ever be healthy for more than a couple of months.

Thiago Silva ... captain for 2 minutes. Hopefully that will make him happy.

2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn crazy fan!! Somebody is gonna get hurt one day!!

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Lol, a Barca fan

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    This tells you Dunga mentality towards these friendlies. Brings on a defender to preserve the victory.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazil wins, 2-1. 6 straight wins since Dunga came back. France next, March 2015.

6. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    God I hope so, that was a brilliant winner.

7. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Shit the no.9 is still up for grabs and so are the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 7!!:p

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I wouldn't mind Douglas Costa getting another call up out of the Ukraine boys.

9. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    I am dissapointed. There is no progress in comparison with the World Cup. The midfield Oscar Luiz Gustavo Fernandinho isn' t creative at all, the playing style is boring, they played slowly, Danilo was worse than Dani Alves. But the second goal was great.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Who is the "world?" Do you mean Germany?

If yes, then I agree. We're not going to play the way Germany did after 4 months, given how long Germany has been together. Dunga is trying to build a new team with a new identity. To expect this new project to gel in a short time is naive and unrealistic.

Kaka10725 repped this.
  11. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Austria played better than I expect, very good defensively and the good counter attacks. I liked Arnautovic and the player Nr. 10.

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Austria was a good surprise for me, a very valid test. I'm worried that from open play, our only options seem to be counters ( which were impossible today due to Austria's strategy) or the occasional individual spark like Firmino's beauty of a goal today. We only have one more game until Copa America, in March vs France, and there is quite a bit of work left to do.

My impressions:

Goalies: Jefferson/Diego Alves/Rafael, perfect.

SBs: Dunga prefers more defensive SBs so it's a given we won't have a very big depth in this area. Filipe Luiz and Danilo worked pretty well IMO, but I dunno about the bench. It's been quite a while since I last saw Alex Sandro... Anyways just to know that Alves's era is over is a big relief, plenty of bonus points to Dunga.

CBs: DL/Miranda/TS/Marquinhos, perfect as well. I'd keep DL and Miranda as the starters, knowing that in case of injuries or cards we still have Thiago Silva as backup. Marquinhos needs to accumulate experience for our NT's future.

DMF/CMFs: DMF is set with Luiz Gustavo (a rock as always), dunno about his sub. the CMF spot worries me though, our saida de bola is severely lacking (apart from counter attack situations, those are lightning quick just like how Dunga likes it). Fernandinho is very card prone and his passing is pretty erratic and I simply can't see Casemiro as an option, sorry ( maybe his São Paulo days are still carved in my mind, for me he was never anything special). Talisca can play this role it seems, but he didn't get a single minute so far. Fred also didn't leave any impressions.

AMF: I'm fed up with Oscar. He just isn't proactive enough, we need someone that participates more in our creative process from open plays. Coutinho should be the starter IMO, specially against defensive teams like Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay etc.

WFs/SSs: Neymar is a must, of course. I'm not a big fan of Willian, he tries really hard but the quality isn't there frequently enough, he was only good versus Turkey IMO. Lucas injury really screwed him over, I really hope that he gets a shot vs France and steals a spot for him, he would be my starter with Neymar. Costa didn't really impress me but he seems to have won Dunga's heart from what I've heard of our coach's interviews, so he will probably be there in the CA as a sub at least.

CF/False 9s: Diego Tardelli mixed really well with Neymar from the get-go and Firmino stole my heart with that goal. Plus the former can also play in the midfield if needed, so IMO Firmino >>>>>> Luiz Adriano.

13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    I was looking at the teams for Copa America and no Costa Rica or USA? Would be nice to add those two plus Guatemala and Canada to fill in another group.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I did not watch the game (couldn't find a stream), but currently, it is the #1 team in Group G of Euro 2016 qualifying. The group has Montenegro, Sweden, Russia, Moldova, and Liechtenstein. Granted, only Russia and Sweden can be considered decent (or better), but nonetheless, it's the top team. If we therefore defeated a fairly good UEFA team on its turf in a match in which the hosts were better for parts of the match, it can't be too bad. Perhaps Firmino's goal, more than a pleasant surprise, was a gift. But he's Brazilian, he was capped and got playing time, and his kick is more than a statistic - it's part of victory #6 in Dunga Era II.

We may still play Nigeria, and if we do, it'll be two friendly matches against 2 teams who have given us difficulties in the past. Neither are at their zenith, but France did rather well in the World Cup, losing rather meekly to the Germans. Nigeria lost to France after being 2nd place in its group.

Unless we lose both games in shameful fashion, these two matches should help Dunga make up his mind for Chile 2015. By then, as I've been writing, he'll have observed the better performers of the 2014 Campeonato Brasileiro.

No more NT soccer till 2015, and I'm glad that it ended the way it did. I have hope for the future. Now, I only hope for Brazilian soccer to win in the Copa Sul-Americana and to roar back in the 2015 Libertadores.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @CBF_Futebol: David Luiz fez grande jogo na parte defensiva e ainda marcou o primeiro gol da Seleção Brasileira: http://t.co/HesMx7lGHG

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I thought that too at first, but Marquinhos does deserve playing time too. Besides, if Talisca were to come on, would've had to have been much earlier.

17. Kwik-E-Mart

Kwik-E-Mart Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Vienna/Austria
    Club:
    SK Rapid Wien
    Good match, guys. Has been a long time that these two teams met (1988). I feel that we deserved at least a tie, especially in the light of David Luiz' foul on Ilsanker before he scored.

I thought Brazil would be a little stronger, but with Luiz Gustavo as the chef in the DM, they managed to somehow get some stability in the midfield. I would have loved to see our strongest guys, Alaba and Baumgartlinger, in the team, but ok, Brazil was also missing some good guys I guess, because I can't imagine that Fernandinho with his damn elbowing is your number 1 pick, neither Danilo...

Good luck for the Olympics in two years, I will be rooting for Brazil!

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thanks, best wishes in EURO 2016 qualifying. :)

Kwik-E-Mart repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luiz Adriano was disappointing these past 2 games but I'm glad Dunga called him up so we could see for ourselves. CL against mediocre teams and football in Ukraine is very different from playing with the Brazilian NT.

Tardelli is probably still our 9 but there is a big chance Firmino can take over for him and should. Don't see the reason why he can't be the Rivaldo to Neymar's Ronaldo in 2 yrs time.

Austria is a strong side and I'm glad we faced them. It was a good test. I hope we face another side besides France for the 2015 int break. It'll be interesting to see who from the domestic league and Europe gets chosen.

20. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    I said it before and Im saying it again Oscar is the weak link in the midfield get rid of him. gotta have someone better

Lockeroom repped this.
  21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You guys are really suggesting playing Coutinho over Oscar as a solution to your problems? SMH. Two friendlies!

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We are suggesting try something different. Nothing wrong with that.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  23. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Oscar is suffering from international burnout!! He hasnt had a summer off since 2010!! He should be rested for maybe a couple of games, but not kicked to the curb!!

He still have alot more to offer!!

24. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    They want a more creative player in the role hence why it suggested that Coutinho or Firmino start.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Good luck with Coutinho is all I'll say. :)