Amistoso:@ TURQUÍA 20 agosto, Estambul (R) (News, etc...

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Jun 26, 2008.

1. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Bielsa mandado a los baños turcos.

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sólo vi el 2º tiempo, y leí comentarios del 1er tiempo.

Tuvimos más el balón, pero Suazo no supo definir 2 veces, Carmona tiró lejos, y un tiro al poste.

Ellos: el gol, y un tiro al poste en un tiro libre, y poco más.

Chile "jugó mejor" pero perdió, como tantas otras veces.

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    The important thing is that we played well...Contreras is a great addition to the back 3.

Remember that before beating Bolivia and Venezuela on those away matches we lost 1-0 in a friendly which we dominated against Israel.

So according to logic...if we lost another friendly 1-0 against a stronger opposition (Turkey), then we might beat our next stronger opposition Brazil and Colombia...with the bonus of home soil! :D

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ni con un arbitro griego, fuimos capaces de vencer a los turcos. :eek::(

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Almost saw the whole thing and I'd say we actually were the better team... but we've got to put those chances away. We've GOT to. Brazil won't give us any more breaks than Turkey did.

The wait for Valdivia paid off... he's definitely the real deal. Mati looked really subpar in comparison today... and I think Bielsa can clearly see who should be the starter.

Cereceda dissapointed greatly and Vidal wasn't as aggressive as other times. Medel was needed, mostly during the first half when our midfield was in disarray.

The game left a strange feeling. I feel sad that we couldn't win... but at the same time it wasn't a bad performance at all. Hopefully all the chances we missedtoday we can score against Brazil next month. :D

6. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

x2. I hope so

7. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    That's the same comment I made on another forum...sometimes I think you are stalking me Caturro! :eek::D

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A player who is not even a starter in Colo Colo or Someone who is a starter in one of Turkeys biggest team. Why Bielsa!?

Anyway, Would of liked to see Tello much more than Valdivia. About the #10, I say we bench Mati and Valdivia and out Villanueva. Morales, Mati and Valdivia had their chances time to give to Villanueva.

9. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Dissapointed that I wasn't able to see the game. From what I've read it was a back and forth game with both teams playing well. It was a great chance for Tello to have made an appearance.

10. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I participate in way too many places. :D

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    I don't like CERECEDA, but I have to admit that he's a wall on the left side, no one gets through.

But like almost everyone, you'd have to think that TEllo is the better option going forward and defensively.

Honestly, I don't care if Bielsa starts with the Women's team against Brazil so long as we win.

12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    OR Bielsa is right for staring him and Astengo is the dumbass.
    The other plus for Tello is that we get a lefty free kicker. Though Estrada is just as good.

13. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Cereceda is good defending but wow...isn't he horrible with the passes. Reminds me of Iturra.

14. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

Until they start putting in free kicks in Buenos Aires and scoring them in the champions league, no one is as good as Tello.

right now if there is a free kick for a lefty its Tellos. If its for a righty I give it to Ponce, and if not him then Mati.

If its down the middle, TELLO

of course its probable that neither of these guys will play the following games, so we can just have fun watching Estrada or Mark firing them into the wall

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Y cuales son las conclusiones de este partido? :)

16. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Conclusions?

1- Not be so individualistic (I'm looking at you sanchez)

2- Don't overcook it (Yep Suazo, that's for you)

You guys can add other points...

17. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    3.- Matías Fernández pa'la casa.

4.-¿Cómo no va a haber un 9 mejor que Suazo?:eek: (me gustaría ver a Canío en la Roja en algún amistoso, no creo que lo haga peor que Suazo).

18. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jaime, you kidding me? Suazo gave us a game winner against Venezuela which is a match that mattered and you're ready to experiment with other guys? En estos momentos Canio no llega ni a los talones del Suazo, if he wants to get a shot wait until Copa Libertadores comes around and see what he's about.

We have two important games coming up and have to keep practicing with our core players.

19. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    [youtube]-8ZzOtA_Q6s[/youtube]

20. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Are you kidding? Suazo is the best thing we've had since Salas came back from Europe. If you notice the highlights he missed two opportunities, but he also created them for himself, and left players alone agaisnt the goalie twice.

5. Valdivia is not our saviour

6. Vidal, Suazo, Bravo, and Alexis are the only players that have guaranteed themselves a starting spot...maybe Medel

21. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    One of few times I dont agree. Suazo was prob. the one who played the best. Created chances and was all around the field. Canio will without a doubt get a chance, as he has a good chance of going abroad. How old is he anyway?

About Tello, I think he will get called up again. To me, Tello is the best lefty free kicker, closely followed by Estrada. Both of them are waaaaaaaaay ahead of the next one who is M.Gonzalez. A Righty one, Ponce is the best followed by everyone else cause everyone else sucks with a right free kick. Though Suazo is pretty decent with freekicks too.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Desde cuando que Canio es 9? :confused:
    Yeims: de cual estai fumando? :p

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's provided Ponce starts. The way he's been playing for both us and Velez does not make me thing he has a spot in the 1st choice 11 (and furthermore--and in imho--I don't think he should be called up but that's another story).

24. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Es mediapunta, pero pisa el área siempre, y ha hecho muchos goles el año pasado y este año. Además, tiene experiencia.

Suazo falla mucho, y 2 goles a Venezuela (1 de los cuales fue de penal), para mí no demuestra mucho.

25. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Menos mal que el fin de semana Suazo la volvio a enchufar, ya que era preocupante su falta de punteria en las ultimas semanas, en especial el partido con Turquia. Pese a sus dos goles, Monterrey termino perdiendo por 3-2 frente al Cruz Azul, luego de ir ganando 2-0 con los dos goles de Chupete. Es de esperar que tenga la punteria bien afinada para los partidos eliminatorios frente a Brasil y Colombia.