Amistoso: @ Israel, Marzo 26 (R) (News, etc...)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Lorenxx

Lorenxx New Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Any pics of Luis Jimenez? I can't find any. :eek:

2. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chile could be resumed in two words: frustration and impotence. Israel was probably the weakest rival I've seen Chile play ever since Bielsa took over (Austria is a close second) but the inability of guys like Matias Fernandez is nothing short of excruciating.

I'm tired of waiting for Matias. He doesn't deserve to be a starter anymore.

There was an immediate improvement once Jimenez stepped in. I'll admit that it's difficult when your rival plays like a small team and places 8 or 9 players inside the box (Was Israel playing at home? I couldn't tell) but if we believe Chile is a quality squad then they should've been able to overcome this with personality and creativity... but mostly, above all, attitude. I'm tired of seeing Mati fall to the ground at the slightest contact with a rival.

The israeli goal was ridiculous. Although the ref was at fault, I can't believe no one was paying attention to the ball... these are the kind of mistakes that costs us games.

Overall very disappointed with this performance. Oh, damn we need Valdivia soon (and a 9 that won't leave the box... Suazo was way too mobile for my liking).

4. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Israel vs Chile (International Friendly) 26.03.08 (http/asf)

Ive upped the whole match at ******** dot com, so my chilean and israeli friends can watch it. :) enjoy

Israel vs Chile

Format: asf
    Play with: Windows Media Player or VLC Media player (suggested)
    Size: 420mb
    Commentary: Not sure seems Hebrew :rolleyes:

part 1
    part 2
    part 3
    part 4
    part 5

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Agreed.

I can conclude two things from this match:

1- Out goes Mati, in comes Jimenez. :)

2- Out goes Suazo, in comes.......Villalobos? or Salas even...

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El vaso esta mitad lleno o mitad vasio?
    Triunfo moral?

:confused:

Metro

7. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    - Villalobos isn't for the NT. Suazo has played himself out of a spot. Honestly, I'd put Jimenez as the central striker. He's scoring goals, he has a good shot, he can create space, and its not like Suazo (or anyone we have) is a monster in the air.
    - Also, you can't blame Suazo for his second half because Bielsa switched him and Sanchez (puttin chupete on the wing...).

I think there are a couple of positive that come out of this

1. We finally see Vidal play where he belongs, in the middle. Most of the first half opportunities came through him

2. Isla got his shot and did it well, better than Fierro, Itturra etc. have. Its the first time we have our right midfielders involved in the attack. I say start with Isla on the right and Vidal on the left.

3. its possible to play with two 'conductores' when neccessary

8. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    We cannot be so stupids to get a goal like that. Somebody has to step in front of the ball right away. Like somebody else said, I am tired of waiting for Fernandez to explode playing for the national team. I think Jimenez, Valdivia and Villanueva should be the starters on that position. I would have liked to see VIllalobos or Salas playing a game like this:confused:

9. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Can't really analyze the defense, either they did extremely well because Israel couldn't get shots off or the same weaknesses we saw against Paraguay may still be there depending on the opponent.

Chile played with their best yet couldn't find the back of the net. A simple mistake cost them a goal and will serve as an important lesson. Better to give up an idiotic goal in a friendly than a more important game.

La Roja again lost to a team that represents bunker down futbol with 2 lines of 4 in the back, and failed in a dead ball situation.

10. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    the thing that worries me is that i fear bunker style is going to be our regular playing style, i think is cause we are used to play against big teams, for example in the last euro qualy we played against england, croatia and russia in the same group, so bunker is all we play against them, we get the poinst, but ALWAYS fail to pass to the final round cause of 1 or 2 points cause we tie, in israel they need to play some south america footy be aggresive, if we win good, if we loose too bad but we have to take chances!!

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    I would have to agree, because the truth is that if the strikers were on their day Chile would have scored a couple. And for a home team to set themselves up in that 'raton' way was surprising, because Isreal only appeared a few times in the game.

And you won, which has some merit, but that's a goal that you'll only see once or twice in your life, because the kind of mistake that the Chilean team committed there is so rare and stupid that it will NEVER happen again (at least while Bielsa is the coach)

12. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    NO podemos perder con un gol tan estupido: EN las eliminatorias nos van a tratar de hacer esa misma jugada, quizas cuantas veces. ALguien tiene que pararse frente a la pelota, apenas se cobrar la falta. Los uruguayos, argentinos, brasileros y paraguayos hacen eso, y jamas les hacen un gol tan estupido. Es falta de viveza criolla.
    Lo preocupante es la falta de finiquito de CHile, no nos podemos perder tantos goles en un partido. Bielsa no les puede ensenar a los jugadores a finiquitar. Por ultimo, me gustaria senalar lo preocupante del nivel de Matias Fernandez jugando por la roja. Aun no vemos ni la mitad del Matias que vimos en colo colo el 06. CUando salio reemplazado por Jimenez en el segundo tiempo, el cambio se noto, ya que CHile empezo a generar muchas mas ocasiones de gol.

13. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sólo vi el 2º tiempo; y es más, recién vi el gol de Israel.

Por lo que ví, sólo rescato a Luis Jiménez y a Mark González.

Nada que hacer Lobos, I.Fuentes, Ponce, Fernández y Suazo. Estos 2 últimos para mí los peores.
    A Fernández Bielsa le ha dado muchísimas oportunidades, y sigue demostrando que con la Roja no anda (como tampoco anduvo en el Mundial sub20 de Holanda).

Mientras tanto, Valdivia y Villanueva no están jugando en la Selección, y Jiménez sigue siendo suplente para Bielsa.:mad:
    Alternativas de 9 no hay muchas: Sebastián Pinto y Manuel Villalobos.
    Salas viene de un poco más atrás, hace años.

Esperaba mucho más de Vidal, Droguett(leí que no hizo nada en el 1er tiempo) y Sánchez.

Más considerando que Israel es un equipito, que sólo contragolpeaba, un esquema totalmente ratonil, obsoleto, que les dio resultado gracias a un error infantil de nuestros jugadores.

14. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Yo había advertido que Droguett había bajado un poco su nivel...en cuanto a lo del contragolpe...es la manera mas fácil de jugar contra Chile...si con cada 3 llegadas claras al arco Chileno tienes por lo menos 1 gol seguro.