Amistoso, Brasil X Equador, 9 de Setembro de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Sep 9, 2014.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernandinho is so stupid. WTF was that foul ?

2. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Yes, Rafael will probably become the first goalie, unless Diego Alves gets chances.

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    IMO, based on the 2 games the right back spot is completely up for grabs.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jefferson is basically a security option if Rafael doesn't pan out. Not sure why Diego Alves gets snubbed.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. Let's just hope that doesn't mean Alves is back in the mix.

6. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Its been up for grabs since the end of 2010 but no one seems to want. Won't surprise me if we see Avenida Alves back.

7. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

And the no.9 shirt too!!o_O

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We are lucky to have kept a clean sheet today.

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I would like to see Oscar and Coutinho on at the same time. I think we get more creativity.

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Miranda was MOTM.

11. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Well, we also missed some unbelievable goals so all things considered it all evens out.
    So, the Seleção is less than impressive but winning two games against two WC2014 countries certainly beats being defeated by Germany and the Netherlands back to back by large scores, so I guess we are moving in the right direction. Now, the Argentina "friendly" will be interesting.

12. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Brazil have usually beaten the likes of Colombia and Ecuador even during some of Brazil's worst moments in the past, so I don't think winning those games prove much although it's certainly better than losing.

Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina are way better teams than Colombia and Ecuador though.

13. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Last year i dont think he did anything great at Man City. The team is about Yaya Toure in the mid field, Vincent Company at the back and then they Aguero up top for attack.. Fernandino was a filler player in that line

This year with Fernando in does not look like Fernandino is getting any PT this year at Man City.. Ferndinho needs to go asap from the Brazilian team with whatever garbage he has shown.

celito repped this.
  14. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Horrible game by Neymar(except the assist), Jefferson and Danilo. Jefferson will get the bench for sure next game.. Too much show boating and turnovers by Neymar was putting the defense under pressure and also missed the easy chance.
    Danilo did nothing on O and was taken to the cleaners in the 2nd half.. looks like we need to look elsewhere..

Marquinos , Miranda and Filipe were the stars of the match. Everton Ribero looked very promising and should have got a assist. Goulart looked lost and Tardelli did not do enough in this match.. so that slot still looks open.

Coutinho was wasteful with the chance he had and did nothing much to impress.

15. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I think these games are a chance for Dunga to wet his feet and get confortable.. Also bring in new players who will last 4 years for the next WC.

There is a lot of room to improve which is a good thing because otherwise it is a false sense of security like what happened after Confedarations cup a year back.

16. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Proved me right, Looked too fat, did nothing to contribute. Dunga rightfully benched him and probably will never call him back..

17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcelo was the only player not used these past 2 games right? Looks like Dunga isn't fond of him at all.

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm just glad we won again. Based on the highlights I saw and on the Colombia game, Dunga has in two matches implanted a new mentality in the team. It still boggles my mind that some players who were at the World Cup said the team didn't train that much - and that now with Dunga, they are training hard.

We do have a long way to go; we will have to do much to regain the "mística" that we lost against Germany. But the defense is looking better, the passing improved, Fred is gone, and we won both games fair and square. We have Argentina, Japan, and Turkey later this year, and in 2015, the team will really begin to take shape as we then get ready for the 2015 Copa América.

Brasitusa repped this.
  19. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Marcelo still has a chance IMO. Felipe is solid defensively and he also has a height advantage which is something I think Dunga like but he also 29 years old. I don't think he can maintain his consistent level for another 4 years

20. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And Marcelo is still just 26 years old which means he still has wood to burn!! But Marcelo, like R.Carlos before him will work much better with a 3 centerback system!!

21. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    it's amazing how some of you guys are even bad mouthing neymar and mute about Oscar. he is a holy piece-of-shit. useless player both for brazil and chelsea

22. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have to say I too have doubts about Oscar, he was anonymous for long periods where I had to ask was he actually playing! To think players like Firmino and Moura are not even called up whilst Oscar is a regular seems strange. What we dont want is for Dunga to fall into the Scolari trap of playing who he likes regardless of their current form.

23. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    I agree with you jiripoca. how did brazil lose 7-1 and 3-0? by fielding players like Oscar and hulk. they provide absolutely nothing to the team. and we cannot expect neymar to bail us on every game. and what's with the thinking that offensive players have to track back. romario, rivaldo and Ronaldo never did. they are legends of the game. everybody is blaming fred. but the blame is on hulk and Oscar who were supposed to create chances for him. we already knew that fred and jo are not the type who can create fred is a poacher and he was bad because the creative players(except neymar was bad). jo was good in atletico because of Ronaldinho a plyer who created opportunity for them

Jiripoca repped this.
  24. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    what's with the false 9 thing? pato looks in form put him in there. its time to go bac to 442 nothing wrong with that system

25. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WE were outmuscled, outplayed and outclassed. Too many Brasil players expected to track back, and smart coaches like Dutch and Germans think, `well, there is no threat in attack so lets just attack and see what happens`. No good crying afterwards, it was a disgrace and humiliation and must never happen again, watching the children cry made me very very angry.