American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And did everyone leave big soccer ??? I was trying to do research for the libertadores for betting purposes and found nothing. I remember when I used to read this site for hours without posting due to the knowledge.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And the only guy posting there was the guy who was telling mengao that the peru gk was awesome. Jeez

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish someone would take a bet on over/ under 5 redskins win let alone 3.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If someone wanted to argue that we could be 5-11 and 6-10, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But 3-13? That's just a joke and shows how ignorant some of these national pundits are. I don't think their analysis goes beyond thinking about who the QB is, realizing it's Case, who had a hard time in Denver and a rookie QB, and then instantly saying 3-13.

I am also down on Detroit too, but not sure if I'd go as far as 3-13. Stafford is overrated by his contract and all, but he's still good enough to win more than only 3 games.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The quality started going downhill and people stopped posting. I talk to a few people off this site because they do not want to bother with who's active on this site.
    Yeah, I wasn't going to waste my time with that. This is the same type of fan who 12 years ago would have told me that Diego Penny was legit. Gallese was kicked out of Mexico for being a flop. He is mediocre. Maybe Peruvian GK standards are low enough to say he isn't mediocre, but on a world scale, he is mediocre. I can see how some people would be fooled. Watching that Peru-Chile semifinal on Globo, you'd think Gallese was making crazy saves by the commentary when in reality, Chile's most dangerous attempts were going directly at him.

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3-13 for the Lions is a bad joke. I'd be willing to listen to arguments anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. 3-13 is ridiculous unless Stafford misses half a season or more.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How bad is the Trubisky hype when even I am saying that Kirk is better than him.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i said the same exact thing today.

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like the Daniels signing for us.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #7436 MatthausSammer, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    I don't think it's lame. It's a solid move. Are we really going to act like Daniels isn't a good piece to have on a defensive line?! I don't like the Lions that much either this year; I think they're still mediocre but I think you've gone all-in on letting your dislike of Patricia cloud every single move the Lions make to the point where you just aren't going to like anything they do regardless of what they do. Mike Daniels is a good DT who carried that Packers line for a long time but now he's garbage because the Lions got him?! I disagree that he's just a run clogger; he can pass rush a bit from the interior. He has a nice swim move and a nifty bullrush. Is he the edge player the Lions need? No. Is he a good add? I think so.

EDIT: And this whole thing about Patricia's weight... It's garbage and I expect better from you guys. If being fat was a disqualifier from being a quality NFL HC, Andy Reid wouldn't have a job. What's next?! Analyzing the freaking grey hairs on Sean Payton's head?! There's a ton to criticize here and you guys have done so well. Patricia's weight isn't one of them.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You've agreed with most of the critsisms iirc. I don't think it is wild to question their free agency moves and drafts. There is a lot of patriots pixy dust being sprinkled in hopes of building something. It kind of just feels like they are throwing spaghetti against the wall at this point, we all know there is no plan... can you explain it to me???

Didnt I already adress the Andy Reid argument in the video ?? And Reid is an outlier btw. Normally coaches balloon once they've "tasted" success. And it's not just Patricia being overweight. His body language is terrible and he inspires no confidence. You didn't say any different after that jets debacle. Patricia coached like he looked. Charlie Weis even had better body language at Notre Dame. Also, it's ok for everyone to attack Caldwells appearance/ lack of emotion but not Patricia's???

Do the lions really need more interior lineman??? Why dedicate so many resources to snacks Harrison, flowers , nd now mike daniels??? Not like you guys have any d ends. And the guys I mentioned do not have a lot of pop on the pass rush. I bet Matty p will have mike daniels rushing from the 7 and 9 technique too.. You did not get mike daniels on the veterans minimum.

How does this make the glaring hole which is the edge rush any better ??? Jesus

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never really rated mike daniels either.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is a plan; it's just dumb. The plan is clearly to be Diet Patriots. We might think the plan sucks, but that's the plan. Featuring Amendola as Diet Edelman, Hock as poor man's Diet Gronk, Tavai as Diet Van Noy. They went out and got a bunch of former Patriots that they think can play the same roles as they did in New England and know the scheme. After that they used the draft to fill the remaining holes not yet filled by former Pats. They wanted a TE who can block and be a threat as a receiver and they wanted a LB who they think is versatile in that they think he can pass rush, blitz, stop the run, and cover a bit to pair with Davis. I think it's dumb and they seriously overvalued the guys they could pigeonhole into these roles, but whatever.

I just don't think it's valuable to engage in this kind of analysis. No one would give two craps about Patricia's body language and weight if he was winning. I'd rather focus on the football, but that's just me.

To me, the Daniels contract is value. It's a one year deal to snag what I think is a valuable player opportunistically. I think he's a better pass rusher than the guy he'll take snaps from, which is A'Shawn, so I'm fine with adding him for that. But if you just don't think he's a good player or that he doesn't add even marginal pass rush improvement over what we already have, then that's just the fundamental disagreement we have. I also don't think we'll see him in the seven or nine technique outside of goalline alignments or such; the edges are probably going to be the domain of Flowers, Okwara, Kennard, Bryant, and Davis/Tavai. Do I like that group? No, but there isn't an edge rusher out there we can just go out and pay so this is the group.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Daniels is probably an upgrade for the Lions, but I never saw him as more than a high motor guy whose motor has come into question last season.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Pump the breaks please. I've been hearing people lose their minds on local radio too. It's ONE day of camp.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They got two more kids from the DMV area.. Clowneys younger brother and that highly rated inside linebacker Sampah. LSU has a deep WR core so I can see him flipping elsewhere. He's one of three committed atm.. The other is rated above him from Cali, Jermaine Burton.

Joe Brady doing work boy.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are we having the college draft tomorrow or are you pushing it back ??? Took me by surprised giff was asking about it
    @Mengão86

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It should still be on unless a lot of people have issues with the time. I think the season starts this weekend, so it has to be sometime this week.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    sounds good.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

In a night where Daniel Jones won RotY, I agree with Baldy here for the most part. I actually did not have an issue with his attempted tackle on the pick. I don't need my rookie QB to get hurt and lose valuable time over a preseason game.

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What on Earth is going on with Antonio Brown?!

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    if the new helmets are interfering with his vision in anyway i get his point. The helmet companies are businesses and of course they want to push new models on everyone under the guise of "safety". He could be trolling at this point tho.

Mengão86 repped this.
  25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you seem a little bothered daniel jones had a good game.....