American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Bruce Arians is a good offensive mind and I think you were harsh on him. He shouldn't be allowed to do personnel and if he convinced Tampa that he can make Winston great, he set the franchise back, but I think he's a good coach. If he was in a better situation I think he'd be successful. Everything about the general state of the franchise is spot-on though, and I'm not sure what will change that.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lions sign Melvin lol. I still remember @Emperor Adriano saying I had spoken quite enough on the pod by saying I was "going on a soliloquy in which you mentioned Rashaan Melvin five times". I think this is a solid signing I was hoping the Lions would make.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not at all. Maybe a little at most, but it was rational. Having dealt with many Tampa fans in my lifetime, they are a fan base that thinks their shit smells great. Whenever someone gives them a reality check about their team, they get their feathers ruffled.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At least he didn't play on the patriots lol.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I always felt bruce was let off the hook for the decline of the cardinals. I remember him vouching for carson Palmer like crazy. Hopefully he doesn't throw it 50 times a game here

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And the comments that said "you don't know shit this was the second ranked offense in the lg" were just too much. And the stadium has to be a top 3 dead atmosphere in the lg.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hence why I said that he shouldn't do personnel. At the end of the day, the buck stops with Steve Keim, not Arians, for letting the roster decay like that for me. Arians helped prevent the Cardinals from sliding into a dumpster fire the way they did with Wilks.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he gets overhyped for his coaching of Big Ben and taking over the Colts for most of the season. He also worked with Peyton when he first was drafted, so he got the label of a QB guru even though he inherited HOF talent.

That offense was most garbage time yards coupled with a few hot games from Fitzmagic and Winston. Their o-line and running game aren't good. Good luck winning with Jameis dropping back 50 times a game. Yeah, every time we go down to Tampa it's a home game. They have one of the worst fan bases in all of pro sports in terms of attendance. Their baseball team has the same issue.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So throwing the ball 50 times with a shotty qb has no baring on his ability to coach??? I think Bruce had plenty of influence over Steve Keim also, its been documented. I Don't think i'm being hyperbolic.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and as a gm i think it is harder to draft/ sign players for a 3-4 scheme. bruce always insists on this. I mean its kind of like blaming the technical director of liverpool for signing dirk kuyt or in brazil signing a player like jorge henrique. not the gm/ technical directors fault a manager/ coach wants a rb to play rw...

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The redskins really don't think Kenny Britt can still play right ?? I'll defend crazy moves/ gambles on veterans more than anyone but this is over the top

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had no idea Britt hadn't retired yet.

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lions sign CJ Anderson. I can dig.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luckily they passed lol

MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Mengão86 must be excited; Grunfeld finally fired.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The epitome of someone who has been on the job WAY LONGER than they should. This man should have been fired nearly a decade ago.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't smell a little bit like a blount if you know what I'm saying??? I kind of like it but has big dud potential

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure but I still think it's a good move. I've always liked CJ and he's a straightforward physical runner who is younger than Blount. His Carolina stint wasn't that good and that's concerning but I think he can still do a job. It's better than someone like Ware which was the direction I thought we'd go and I don't like the RB class this year. So I'll take the gamble.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Raiders signed Ryan Grant? lol, I bet Jon got a nice recommendation from Jay. If Jay could call his own shots, Ryan is probably still here. I wonder if Rob Kelley ends up on the Raiders too.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sad if true but he would be coupled with another rb regardless, I don't think jon Gruden is that naive. It's different getting ryan grant as a 5th or 6th option than having him as a 2nd or 3rd. I still wonder what Mayock thought tho.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, it's definitely different having him as a 4th or 5th option, but it's no coincidence that he went to Jay's brother's team. Even though Mayock is the GM, we know Jon calls the shots there.I just saw the Raiders worked out Robert Turbin and Charcandrick West. I can see Rob Kelley getting a call a mile away...lol

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    me too lol. fat rob actually sounds preferable. I have been thinking about the mayock/gruden dynamic for awhile and I am worried about gruden going rouge and not taking mayocks input. The tyrell williams payday was one thing I didn't get.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Glad you hit this topic. I can't stand McCarthy and I see the media and fans constantly trash ARod and defend McCarthy. Does ARod have some personality issues? Sure, but you are going to get that with alphas anyways.