American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jags game last year ???? Plus back issues will end him. He could be good but never will be the superstar force of nature.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: right when @Emperor Adriano mentioned trades, I immediately thought of the co-commish and then later you called him out. He is always the first guy to offer a deal. Heck, he is even trying to work deals when the draft is still going on.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He really is during the draft. Me and you are usually proud of our drafts or at least moderately like him. There just aren't enough people to rip off in that lg to make it useful to trade. Don't get it. The waiver wire and trying to find diamonds in the rough is time consuming enough

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He thinks he'll find someone who will overreact to not having the draft they hoped. In the past, he used to burn the Eagles fan who used to always take Eagles, but he's been better about that in recent years.

By the way, I made some adjustments to the league after hearing the suggestions. I reduced the scoring for defensive players. I did that last year as well and I think it diminished some of the impact they made, so let's see what happens this year after another reduction. I always reduced sacks on QBs to a half point from a full point. The 4 points for a TD is standard. I used to run 6 points for a passing TD and 2 for a pick, but QBs simply dominated in that set up, especially with how passing #s are nowadays.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Listening to the call in show and I agree with the Cowboys fans on Barkley. Like I said before, I wasn't impressed with his ability to get the tough yards in college despite having the size. And yeah, people are overlooking the line like the Giants added 5 new pieces. I think Solder is overrated. I do like Hernandez and think he will be a mauler, but that's not enough yet.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was fine with the 4 points for td, I don't get why Giff was bitchin about that. I looked over the scoring and it looks pretty damn good to me.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And I love Schurmur but I'm not sure that fixes everything either. We'll see how good he is receiving because that is where I see a lot of his chunk plays coming.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Without watching first, I got Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    same as me.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poor dude. He's great when healthy.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Giff gave him the kiss of death. Literally two hours after he says that, he gets hurt.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Every year, Jay is defending his boy.....

In 2017,
    Oh, man, I love Rob Kelley,” Gruden told reporters earlier this week at the NFL meetings in Phoenix.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...ob-kelley-would-also-love-drafting-special-rb

Now in 2018,
    Jay Gruden was asked to evaluate his running backs and the “possibility” of keeping Robert Kelley, Kapri Bibbs, and Bryon Marshall. He addressed Kelley right off the bat.

"Possibly Kelley? Kelley has had a great camp,” said Gruden. “I don't know if anybody has been out there, but he looks very good.”

He talked about the other backs, but none of them got the level of praise that Kelley got.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-rob-kelley-lock-make-redskins-53-man-roster

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You can bring the horse to the water but you can't make him drink. I'm rooting for jay but he just will end up getting in his own way. I find his incredulous response about Fat Rob hilarious tho. I have my favorites but I wouldn't start rildo if I just signed Malcolm or Vitinho. Jeez

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Now I get to hear Paul Richardson hype for a month and hear comparisons to DJax when they aren't even close...

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    don't worry, we'll have games on sunday soon enough. Until then 85 % of fanbases will hype up their players until they are smacked around week 1, then they quickly turn on everything and anyone.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What makes it worse is even the media pushes the narrative.

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    powerful bucky brooks. Great take and maybe i'm overrating teams like the cowboys,jags, and even skins. Feared the rule would be bad but after watching that game last night we will see like 6 or 7 calls a game. Any violent hit will probably be flagged unless nfl readjusts.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I’m a <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NFL</a> head coach watching the flags thrown around in the preseason for helmet hits and unnecessary roughness, I’m telling my OC to throw the ball all over the yard. I’m using more spread and empty sets, and daring defenders to make “legal” tackles in the open field..</p>&mdash; Bucky Brooks (@BuckyBrooks) <a href="
    ">August 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As an offense, this approach is either going to lead to a bunch of explosive plays on missed tackles or a lot of “free” yards on penalties. Either way, the passing game should be the preferred method of choice for OCs in today’s game.. Too many advantages</p>&mdash; Bucky Brooks (@BuckyBrooks) <a href="
    ">August 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They are who I primarily blame.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's probably the case that they're flagging frequently in preseason to "set the tone" and will back off in the regular season.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I tip my hat to Buffalo on the Coleman trade. Unless I am missing something, it’s a low risk, high reward deal. The Redskins should have inquired but they probably love Paul Richardson too much.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Don't do that to me, Bill...

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    they love overpaying too. lol He really hasn't been that bad when he's played too, everyone is acting like coleman is perriman on the ravens or a troy williamson.