American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Cutler is a possible answer, but some guys seem to be pretty good at scheming against him. If I had that team and Romo, my idea would be to make him pure pocket-- if they are getting on you, give up the sack. No rolling, no trying to extend the play, get it out or get down. Because I'd basically have the same concerns as you do.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure he's a guy that is ready to play day one, but I will go to bat for Mahomes given a year or two of seasoning and learning from NFL coaches. Just have to unlearn all the crappy habits he developed in that awful system and learn the game, I think he can be a franchise QB.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Harambe Alvinegro, saw your mock after the fact. I really felt like both you and Giff made picks that made a lot of sense for the teams you were drafting for and you guys did your homework. Well done. For the Lions, I liked the picks of McDowell and Barnett, and I'd be very satisfied with either guy. McDowell is probably the biggest "boom-or-bust" type guy in this draft IMO; I think he's either going to hunker down, work hard, and become a force to be reckoned with and easily the best DL in the draft, or he's going to coast, become a bad influence and bust. It's all about what's in his head and what motivates him. At that point it's not a bad idea to gamble that he's got what it takes. Barnett would be a nifty pick to add pass-rush opposite Ansah.

I have to ask what film you're watching on Charlton though; to me he LOOKS like a powerful, well-built NFL DE, but he doesn't play like he has that power or that strength. He seems to be one of those guys who doesn't play with a physical mentality and he doesn't have the burst or bend to play finesse so he's in this really awkward worst of both worlds stage as a prospect. If he played nasty and physical and overpowered guys with that frame I'd love him, but I don't see it, and it worries me because he's mocked to the Lions consistently.

Harambe Alvinegro repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has anyone seen anything of Tyus Bowser?

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone have any strong opinions on Zach Brown, LB from Buffalo?

7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Very quick to the hole, much stronger than he was in college. Haven't seen him in coverage much, but his numbers are pretty good. I like him so far-- and he is a Pro Bowler,,,

Mengão86 repped this.
  8. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    The highlands between DRC and Rwanda
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What taco said pretty much , really good against the run his last season with the bills is overrated tho. Doesn't cover enough for me if we are talking 6 mil a year like he's asking for. He'd be great for you guys tho.

9. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His games this season against Iowa , Ohio state , and Florida state. I understand Ohio state rt was hella bad but he dominated that whole game , kid was nasty. I'm not rating him cause his size , he has a spin move and also has a good first step with some speed. I agree about McDowell he really is love him or hate him, he was a second rounder to me, personally, I don't like this Dt class at all. I am actually buying into the hype about the d end position this year tho. And giff not going with Myles garret was crazy but someone on the comment section is making a case for Solomon. And about the lions they are in good position , I see a few of those teams messing up in front of you. I just wonder if 12-18 if we will see any qbs taken

MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fair enough. Charlton does have a spin move and he moves with nice fluidity, so I don't think he's terrible, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if the Lions took him with their first.
    I'd like Montravius Adams' raw power-motor combo in the second. But yeah, I'm not huge on this DT class either aside from a few guys I wouldn't mind day two or three. There seems to be a lot of guys with great athleticism in this DE class though.
    I really am hoping Redick falls to us though: his relentlessness and athleticism is compelling for the Lions. I was really disappointed with how our LBs seemed to give up when they were blocked against the Hawks rather than continue to pursue the football. That won't be a problem with Redick.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure how I feel about ZB and Mason Foster pairing. Both can't cover.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

SMH. If Foster is there, you take him because he's likely the BPA. Brown is on an 1 year deal and Mason Foster can be upgraded. Compton is trash and Speight is a STer. If the draft had more quality ILBs, then I don't see the issue in taking them either if they were the BPA on your board at 17.

I saw some people call him out on this tweet and he tried to justify it by saying Foster won't be there at 17. That might be true, but after the #1 pick, there is so much uncertainty as to where players will end up going that you can't make that assumption. And if he's now saying that the other ILBs in the draft aren't first rounders, then he's basically stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

14. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    your fans are defensive as fuk, They got made at Giff for bashing their offseason. One guy went through and down liked every video lol. The comments are good, just uploaded it last night. And they think Zach can cover. I love Zach Brown but god damn.

15. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #5640 Harambe Alvinegro, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Yea, he's wrong. You guys will probably force pick a corner and miss. Who knows who's doing the drafting tho. Grant has baseball now tho, something he can relate to more.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    R
    If Foster falls to 17 I hope Quinn's blowing up your phones trying to trade up for him.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I got my hands on a cut up of film on Brown from someone I know. They are mistaking his athleticism with coverage ability, which are two different things and not mutually exclusive. He pretty much fits what you told me about him.

18. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also why do they rate Breeland still?

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, hockey and baseball are more in his wheelhouse, but he knows football gets him the clicks and views. I'm just honestly dumbfounded by how many people actually like this guy based off what he says and thinks.

I didn't get a chance to see your draft video that Matthaus was talking about, but I think some of the top corners in this draft are overrated. I'm hoping for a DL or Foster.
    Unless it's something truly enticing, I'd rather take Foster. We need studs on the defense across the board, no matter what position they play.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    People like holding onto anything that showed flashes in the past. I will say that more people have started criticizing Breeland, especially on Twitter. You should check his Twitter feed out. He's always talking shit to fans that speak negatively of him.

Harambe Alvinegro repped this.
  21. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree about the corners, I saw a lot of people linking you to humphrey from alabama which I don't really like. I'd just rather wait till the late first and second to pounce on one.

22. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why would he fall past 12 or 13 tho? You see people taking qbs and maybe a dalvin cook ? That's the only way I see him falling to that range

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only CB I like from a value standpoint is Tabor from Florida. People have him slipping late into the first and even into the second. He reminds me some of Talib.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and WRs too. Mike WIlliams, Corey Davis and Ross. I've seen so many variations of the draft from mocks from "experts" -- more so than in any other recent year. Even the top 5 could be fluid. I've seen Soloman Thomas in and outside the top 5. Same with Jonathan Allen. I've seen Fournette in and outside the top 10. Same with Hooker. Jamal Adams is probably a lock for a top 5 pick.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another topic: Romo retiring. I truly wonder if he's going to retire or if he's playing Jerry to get his release and the opportunity to receive concrete offers. If he's really done, I don't think the Texans have any choice other than trying to get Cutler for a year or two.