American Companies who supported the Nazis

Discussion in 'History' started by Metrogo, Apr 28, 2009.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Serious question.... what is really the difference?

Its a great point you make because I wouldn't think of Yew as a fascist

Yet his was/is certainly your classic 'benevolent' dictatorship

2. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you misunderstood the point of that sentence. "Authoritarian paternalism" is only one possible characteristic of fascism and the point of my sentence you quoted is that often lives in uneasy tension with its opposite, so-called "social darwinism", within the same society.

In a way, your response proves the main point of my post which was that there is no infallible set of four or five characteristics that define fascism always and everywhere. Take Paxton's characteristics, for example. Each by itself is insufficient to label a society "fascist". Even taken all togther they might not do the trick. Those damn fascists are just so creative and hard to pin down.

3. THE HUN

THE HUN New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Supporter of the Dept. of "racial hygiene" of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute and founder of the Dept. of Brain Research and hereditary psychiatry: Rockefeller-, Kellog-, and Carnegie Foundations (one famous researcher being mentioned in a request for research fundings " who will to continue his work in Auschwitz with permission of the SS": Dr.rer. nat. Dr.med. Josef Mengele, submission written by the leader of the institute, Ottmar Freiherr von Verschuer ).
    Standard Oil company: Legally one company with I.G. Farben.
    Both companies shared and exchanged patents. Standard Oil rendered the patent for the gasoline additive tetra-ethyle-lead (used for the Luftwaffe's high octane fuels) to I.G. Farben and received in compensation the IGF owned BUNA patent to produce synthetic rubber (e.g. for making tires for the US Army), because the ******** (asterix's from the Chief's censorship department replace alleged non-PC appropriate but funny and friendly meant expression meaning "Nihon Jin" in the native language = WW II participants from the island of Japan :D) had cut off supply lines of natural coutchouck .
    Holocaust death counts provided by: IBM punch cards.
    Trucks: GM ("Opel" was already daughter of GM beore WW I: since 1910).
    From Bayer Pharma (part of I.G. Farben) patented and (also) produced in the US: Metamphetamine and Aspirine.
    "SIEMENS" and Rockefeller foundation co-produced (via Kaiser Wilhelm Institute): electrone microscope (and shared world market).

4. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^Disagree with your assertion that Standard Oil and IG Farben were one company. Yes, they joint licenced technology, but since IG Farben was pretty much the entire German chemical industry, it was hard to avoid them.

Interesting that the US synthetic rubber ended up of higher quality than the German synthetic rubber.

5. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Opel was also taken away from GM after the Nazis took over rather quickly...

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of like in Afghanistan we sold/gave weapons to the "Fredom fighters" that fought against the Soviets.

Then after 9/11 they became terrorists and we had to go kick their ass. They fought us with mostly old soviet weapons T-55s and AKs.

How the world turns!

7. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

But I sometimes wonder about all the helicopter crashes in AFGH, both Russian and American. Operating a chopper there is often pushing the limits of equipment (mountains, bad terrain, dust, snow, etc), but america sure liked to think CIA Stinger missles helped out. I wonder how many of those same Stinger missles are still around

8. THE HUN

THE HUN New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    GM bought 80% of the Opel shares in 1929, the rest of 20% was purchased in 1931. After WW II GM claimed compensation from the allies for bombing the OPEL factories.

Both companies had common research since 1925 for the development of the Haber-Bosch/Bergius procedure to produce synthetic gasoline. In 1928 the US company Standard IG was founded: 80% Standard Oil/20% IG Farben. That company had the worldwide marketing rights except for Germany, where they were owned by IG Farben. In 1939 both companies built the "Ethyle GmbH" in Germany to produce Tetra-Ethyle-Lead, a gasoline additive needed for the Luftwaffe. The additive until then exclusively was produced by the "Ethyle Export Co.", a 100% Standard Oil possession. As the German plant wasn't ready when WW II started, 500 t tetraethyle lead were delivered directly from the US to the Reich in 1939.

For the synthetic rubber production and development (Butadiene - Natrium: BUNA rubber) the US company JASCO was founded (50% IG Farben/50% Standard Oil): "Joint American Study Company". IG Farben held the patent rights until 1942 alone, then shared them with the US affiliate. To have an idea about the developments:

http://pslc.ws/macrog/exp/rubber/synth/buna.htm

9. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Is it true that Henry Ford funded translations of The Protocol of the Elders of Zion (that false doceument that led to the 'Jews run the world' conspiracy) and/or Mein Kampf?

10. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dearborn Independent

11. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    there are still companies that use near-slaves. nobody talks about them. how is a 4 letter popular word relevant to morality?:confused:

12. Lusitania14

Lusitania14 Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    During WWII, Portugal was officially neutral but provided Germany with mining goods to feed the German war machine.

I think that Salasar, the president at the time, was a Hitler sympathiser.

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's all media lies. :rolleyes:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg