America de Cali

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by efernandez9, Jan 21, 2011.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What tv provider do you have and is RCN in HD?

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    To me it is not a true clasico unless it is played in El Pascual That is because of the Cali Pancahguero song stuck in my head. :p

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That was a game played with a ton of intensity last night. As for Mosquera, ufff, horrible defending led to both goals.

Still donut understand how the flighting/relegation works in Primera A. It's the total accumulated points from the past 3 years? But do they count points won while in Primera B?
    They make it so confusing :thumbsdown:

5. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Promoted teams get the points that the last team saved from relegation has. I could be wrong but I think that's how they do it now.

kromekote repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I hate the current relegation system in Colombia. Not looking so good for America. I'm disappointed that playoff points don't count in the mix either, so we can still make it to the final 8, be champs and somehow be relegated?

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup stupid rules

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    America la verdad este semestre esta haceindo todo lo posible para que su descenso sea merecido.

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    They're not helping their cause when they lose to teams that are low on the table but considering they made the eight during the apertura and still have a chance to make it in this clausura they're not the worst of the worst (at least not yet). The next several matches are against some tough teams and one thing I still don't see in the matches I've seen is discipline in the back half. Defense gives up goals too easy and losing Lucumi half season was too much. Time for prayers.

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    el equipo jugo bien anoche. Me gusta como la gente lo acompaña. Nos queda un partido duro vs Santa Fe y con un punto ya se asegura por lo menos otro ano en primera. Muy complicado este sistema de descenso.

sidspaceman repped this.
  12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's insane que America que esta de 5to en la tabla este a tanto riesgo de descender.

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn’t they make the playoffs last season too?

Colombia should have the same demotion system as Europe. At the end of the year 2 teams with lowest amount of points get demoted.

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Yes, they made the playoffs during Apertura as well. And keep in mind that they lost a key MF in Lucumi and don't really have a substitute for Farias although they do make lemons out of lemonade. Even if they rolled it into a 2-3 year averaging of points (which is silly), the current system is punitive to those that do go get promoted as they are given the points from the last team not relegated.

They have a good shot of also playing an int'l tournament next year (likely Copa SudAmericana), which would be great for La Mechita.

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El promedio de descenso es copiado de Argentina y sirve, al menos en teoria, para proteger a los clubes historicos del descenso, penalizando a los recien ascendidos y asumiendo que un club "grande", se recupera con relativa facilidad en un año. Los puntos de cuadrangulares/liguilla no cuentan para este promedio.

En el caso de America, como acaba de ascender, le promedian los años anteriores como al mas malo del momento en la categoria, es decir, un lastre significativo, que es dificil de borrar con solo dos torneos.

En todo caso, creo que ya con un punto asegura la categoria para 2018.

kromekote and elviejomen repped this.
  16. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we won't get to call them aberica anymore ?

:(

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This system is so Junior and Millos don’t get demoted. It’s pure BS. Junior is good for 6 months every 3 years then slowly gets more and more shit till fans no longer go to the stadium. Owner throws some money at it and then fans come back as well as the same cycle.

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    This is the main issue I have with the system. If you're going to be so punitive for the recent promoted teams by offering them a low assumed average of points (recently promoted teams start at the bottom of the Liga table before the season even begins), than at least give them a chance to claw themselves out of that situation by awarding points in qualification stages. Even if all teams in this round are given a +1 point, even that makes a difference.

dapip repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

The system would have also 'protected' America. But it backfired. The Clinton list took a team already in trouble to new lows. It's a miracle America is back as I honestly thought it would dissolve completely a couple years back as it was in shambles on and off the field. That being said, it's one of the most highly coveted teams in all of South America and belongs in the top division.

elviejomen, sidspaceman and dapip repped this.
  20. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Watching the match last night via the RCN international TV feed and realized it needs to be on HD and the TV product offered by the sportscasters/transmissiomnis horrible. Mondragon literally puts you to sleep with this commentary. But even the "halftime" studio product is of poor production quality. I don't expect this to be even close to EPL quality (NBC) but they should be able to put together a better production package than what's offered.

sidspaceman repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea I don’t get why the hispanic packages aren’t in HD. When I go to colombia they are in HD!!!

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Most of the main US based Hispanic/Soccer channels are now HD. Fox Sports, ESPN, Bein, Unideportes, all in Spanish, all HD. Granted, they were behind the main English speaking channels, but by now, most main signals are HD. I suspect that they might even be 4k for the WC.

In RCN/Caracol case, I think that it has something to do with how they transfer the signal from Colombia to the US.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea I have Rcn and Caracol with comcast and it looks like shit.

Had it with Direct tv and looked like shit and wasn’t even widescreen so the channel had bars between the image super annoying

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah mondragon is famous and he created a sentence
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

kromekote, dapip and crzdcolombian repped this.
  25. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's true.. that phrase is used quite commonly at my workplace.

pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.