Am I the Only One

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Anthony, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one getting creeped out by the increasingly messianic tone of the Obama campaign?

His wife's latest comment how her husband's campaign is the first time in her adult life she is proud of America is weird.

The Clintons thought it was all about them. Do the Obamas feel the same?

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    The Clintons are a cancer. Cancer surgery may be messy, but someone's gotta do it. And I doubt that McCain is up to it.

3. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I don't really see the messianism that you do, Anthony. Democrats are just plain excited to have a candidate as exciting and progressive as Obama has been. We don't see him as our Jesus; we see him as our Reagan.

Of course, these days, the only name that Republicans mutter more often than "Jesus" is "Reagan." :)

And I fully agree with Smiley. In the past week or two, the Clinton campaign has lodged utterly ridiculous charges of plagiarism against Obama, has lobbied to included delegates from states that were excluded as a result of rules that they formerly supported, and has indicated that they intend to pursue Obama's pledged delegates at the convention. Moreover, they recently leaked that they didn't understand the primary set-up in Texas until a few weeks ago and only recently fired their loyal but incompetent campaign manager.

I despised the tactics that Bush used to win his past elections, and it sickens me to see the Clintons relying on the same tactics. I won't excuse a candidate from Karl Rove-like politics just because she's a Democrat. I can't vote for her. I won't vote for her.

Why couldn't you guys have nominated Romney? I would have voted for Romney!!!

I kind of forgot what my point was. Oh yeah: Obama rules.

4. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Hmmm...that's kinda sickening in itself.

5. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Romney's greatest strength was that he was a good manager/technocrat. The campaign trail flip-flopping and pandering didn't especially bother me. It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to discover the man's moderate politics. He likely would have worked well with a Democratic congress.

Don't get me wrong--I don't like the guy at all. But yeah, I would have likely voted for him over Hillary.

6. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    The problem with Romney is that he couldn't even make the sale to the GOP base, despite many advantages like money, weak field and endorsements from the vast rightwing pundit class. He's an AlGore, probably a nice guy but just not quite up to being presidential timber.

But the good news is that biz school is starting to turn bo to the dark side.

7. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Not so fast! One of Obama's advisers on economics, Austan Goolsbee, teaches at the GSB. Sadly, I can't take his course in the Spring because I don't have the prerequisites. I'm certain, however, that a TON of people are going to bid on it.

Goolsbee is a member of Obama's inner circle and an occasional improv comic. I bet that class rules.

8. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fainting on cue has gone from weird to funny! We do however expect the messiah to walk on the surface of the Rio Grande this evening though....

Cindy McCain slammed one out of the ballpark today... handing the messiah his first loss!!!Score the first McCain vs. Obama skirmish a win for John McCain! It played out like this; battle of the spouses and pride in America:

Earlier in the week, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Monday, Michelle Obama said:

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country.”

Really? You've never been proud of this nation until your husband decided to run for president? That's fairly self-centered there Michelle!

In response, at a rally today in Brookfield, Wisconsin, Cindy McCain responded:

“I am proud of my country. I don’t know about you? If you heard those words earlier, I am very proud of my country... I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”

Bravo Cindy! Me too!

As always, FoxNews has the play-by-play of this story.