PBP: Altidore: Hull City v. Chelsea, 2/2 - 2:45PM EST [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by usry723, Feb 1, 2010.

1. MJ-inBRITAIN

MJ-inBRITAIN Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I thought it was the best game I've seen him play this year. I thought he looked confident in holding, taking down balls and dribbling - and was that an elastico over in the corner when he beat those two guys?

The only thing I would like for him to do now, is learn how to turn guys, or perhaps to put it precisely, to try to turn them with the intention of looking for his shot instead of giving the ball straight back to his midfielders.

If you don't shoot, you won't score.

2. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Thanks for posting this.

Any manager who values personal goal total over this statistic should be fired.

3. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, that would kinda depend on how the goals against numbers equate also

4. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously. I can't fathom anyone calling themselves a USNT fan didn't get the reference. Basically, you've been pwned as posers. ;)

5. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -signed,

Brian Ching's coaches :p

6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

The only thing that was clear was the Color commentators intentions. Every Altidore move to get by Terry was a "fortunate mis-touch" and every move done by a English player was "fantastic"......................hmmmmmmmmmmm

7. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely agree with that. It wasn't Martin Tyler as much as it was the Color guy, don't know his name.

8. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Actually Martin Taylor was all pro-altidore, and defending Altidore when reading between the play-by- play. After the color guy called an Altidore skill move somewhere along the lines of "fortunate lose of control" to step by 2 Chelsea defenders on a play in the second half, the obvious one being Terry- Taylor said the Hull attack was worse when Altidore was subbed off last week. Giving off an in-direct comment to his pal in the booth, that he aint foolin anybody with his intentions.

9. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Any manager who values this statistic without considering other statistic not shown in the original post (or his personal evaluation of how the player actually played) should be fired.

10. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    any manager who values any statistic above winning points and games should be fired.

11. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    all managers should be fired.