Alonso Hernandez at Alebrijes de Oaxaca

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Sandon Mibut repped this.
  2. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this came up in a thread with you before:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403815&highlight=joaquin+alonso&page=6

He deserves his own thread, though, especially if he starts really playing for their 1st team. I looked maybe a month ago at the FMF website and it didn't appear so, despite the 1st team profile on the club page. But maybe that's changed.

3. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hernandez made his first team debut on Saturday. He'll turn 17 in January.

4. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    ummm, Rongen? Cabrera? anyone?..........

6. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aslong has he wants to represent the US and keeeps getting minutes with the first team, I'm sure one of them will give him a call up.

7. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    El Paso, TX. Someone should scout that place or something.

8. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. Salgado is from there and I know that they have a huge Mexican-American population. Been a while since I've been there.:eek:

9. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came on as a sub in Indios' final game of the Clausura, a meaningless match. They did the same thing with him in at the end of the Apertura.

Good stuff from a '94, but it's only garbage time in the Liga de Ascenso.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I've wondered for a while why there isn't a development academy team in El Paso. It's a much, much, much bigger metro area than people from other parts of the country realize. El Paso itself only has 750k people, but the "Borderplex" has about 2.3 million people (partly on the Mexico side. But it seems everybody down there is some type of dual national.) Edgar Castillo comes from Las Cruces, which is considered part of the Borderplex. Of course, Edgar's father felt that US soccer was ignoring them down there in the crotch of America.........

Perhaps there isn't a youth club on the US side with the resources/finances to do it. But there should be..............

Indios used to have youth teams in El Paso, and I believe even had a team in the NPSL called Indios USA. I'm not sure it still exists. Marco Vidal got his start at Indios USA....I think. We'll have to question the fake Marco Vidal on that one.

11. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    BUMP

Indios are being dissolved due to debts by the Mexican Federation.

This player, and some other American named Mariano Dos Santos (Marino D'Santos?) are clearly up for grabs at this point.

Victor Bernardez has been signed by MLS and Blas Perez is rumored to be, so these two Americans may be on the move, as well.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=292890

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Looks like he's moved to Monterrey.

13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he's scored four goals in his first four games for Monterrey U17.

Indios thought enough of him to give him a few first-team cameos last season, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he's already good enough for Monterrey's U20 team.

I don't know anything about this kid, really, but the way he moved through the ranks at Indios was intriguing (first team debut at age 16). Early production at Monterrey is encouraging. I wouldn't mind Tab Ramos calling him in just to see what's going on here.

14. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "...in northern Mexico, forward Alonso Hernandez – an El Paso, Texas, native – is fresh off winning last season’s U-20 Liga MX championship with Monterrey.
    He made the short trip south to join the Indios de Ciudad Juárez’s third-division side when he was 15. The striker was swiftly picked up by Monterrey when he turned 17 and the future of his former club was becoming increasingly murky.
    “A player that likes to run, very strong, dedicated and responsible,” is how Hernandez describes himself to MLSsoccer.com, adding that he is a goalscorer who can play as a No. 9 or No. 10.
    Hernandez started for Monterrey’s U-20s last weekend and grabbed an 86th-minute equalizer against Club América."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ort-us-u-20s-could-fill-out-all-mexico-lineup

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is on the bench tonight for Monterrey. Game about to kick off against Herc and Santos Laguna on Univision Deportes.

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alonso made his Monterrey debut tonight coming on in the 63rd minute. He had a very active first two minutes in which he attempted a quick turn in the box, but the shot was handled. He then unleashed a nice shot from outside the box forcing Oswaldo Sanchez into a save at full stretch. After that he did not get much of the ball. He was deployed on the left, but would come in centrally and play as a striker when Monterrey had the ball in the attacking third.

17. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has he ever been called into any u20 camps?

18. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    He has not. The next one starts Monday.

Pl@ymaker and Mario Balotelli repped this.
  19. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Here he is training with the first team

[​IMG]

20. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights from Santos Laguna - Monterrey. Alonso's shot is at 1:07.

21. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wow what a shot.

Tom Collingsworth and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  22. jnavi1

jnavi1 Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Is Tab Ramos aware of him? Who is ahead of him in the depth charts for US U-20's, and more importantly, who could he potentially displace in the depth chart (on the lower end who is getting U-20 callups). Not seen anything of him besides this video, but getting first team minutes for Monterrey at this age (and perform well) is very nice.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he can play at the lone striker position in a 4-3-3, he could potentially replace any of the current options, as our starter has just started getting minutes for Kaiserslautens U19 team.

24. jnavi1

jnavi1 Member

Sep 16, 2012
    But what position is his natural, best position. I am tired of playing players out of position.

25. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandon Mibut and Testudo repped this.