Allsvenskan Begins! [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Captain Splarg, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today was the first day of Allsvenskan.

only one match played, and I like the result....

Landskrona 2 - 1 Göteborg

2. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    AIK began the road to the title!!

AIK Solna - Enköping 3-0

20.000 in the crowd on a cold day! AIK RULES!!!

Also

Helsingborg - Örgryte 4-1

I heard that Alvaro Santos scored 2 very nice goals I have to watch "Fotbollskväll" tonight to see them.

3. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    To complete the first round...

Monday
    Halmstad - GIF Sundsvall 2-0
    Hammarby - Elfsborg 3-0
    Malmö FF - Örebro SK 2-0
    Tuesday
    Öster - Djurgården 0-4

Some things worth noting:

*Helsingborg's brazilian striker Alvaro Santos scored two goals in the first 50 minutes against Örgryte but the game still ended in agony for Santos. After a though tackle from fellow brazilian Valter Thomaz Jr, Santos had to leave the pitch with an injured knee. He will be out for at least two months.

*Östers return to Allsvenskan was watched by an impressive 13.000+ crowd, among them 4.000 travelling Djurgården fans.

*The interest in Allsvenska seems to continue to be high. Besides Öster, AIK had almost 20.000 and Malmö FF 16.000+.

*No real surprises in the first round, The only result that could raise an eyebrow is Helsinborgs big win against Örgryte.

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Atiba Hutchinson (Canadian) also made his debut for Osters in the game. Not a great game to make your debut....

I think there are now about 10 Canadian players scattered around the Swedish and Norweigan leagues.

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I assume this is the Swedish league. Is there an English website where I can find what teams are in or near Orboro, Stockholm and Helsingboy?

6. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Assuming "Orboro" is just an incorrect spelling for Örebro, then you have Örebro SK from that town playing in Allsvenskan.

There are three Stockholm clubs in Allsvenskan.
    AIK who play their home games at Råsunda Stadion in Solna north of Stockholm.
    Djurgården who play at Stockholms old Olympic Stadium and Hammarby who plays in the southern parts of Stockholm.

With "Helsingboy" I guess you mean Helsingborg. Helsingborg's IF plays in Allsvenskan.

I do not know of any good English website with detailed information about Allsvenskan but www.soccerbot.com is usually a good source if you are looking for results, scorers, roster information and such.

7. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    i think it was quite expected örgryte depends a little to much on Afonso in the attack. without him there is no creativity up front

the big 3 from stockholm have all made an impressive start!

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for the info. Most of those places were misspelled, but then again I am going by a rough outline of what my schedule is going to be and that is how those cities were spelled. Sorry if I butchered it.

9. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    DIF is the best.

10. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    dif lost to örebro

11. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    so my dear djurgården fans...

wanna talk about the derby this week? ;)

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone mind if I post my Örebro Vs Öster match report here? Was able to see it live and it was wicked.

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Örebro Sk Vs Öster IF May 25th

Let me begin by saying the group I was with is full of people who do not like soccer and seeing how the group leader of the team made the game mandatory was interesting.

1st Half
    We arrived to the stadium right at kick off and I wasn't thrilled(should have been there at least 20 minutes before the game started). Luckly this game wasn't one where it would be a sell out. So we paid for the tickets and headed in after everyone went through the gate. Now keep in mind I was expecting to sit in the supporters for Örebro section behind goal, but as we were led to our seats, I was puzzled until we came to a section(by the 7th minute) that was made into a corner area, but with the ability to see the whole pitch. No bad I thought. Now I just have to deal with trying to get 13(boring) people who could careless about the game into starting chants as well as buying and Orebro shirt since my red Dallas Burn jersey shared the same primary color of Öster IF. No one seemed to care however. As my friend Johnos(the guy who told me about the game) told me, he believe the supporters for each club are one big family.
    1st Half
    So as when we got to our seats I asked Patrick, one of the guys we were working with if he had Johnos' cell number so I could let him know where we were sitting. Called him and informed him where we were and he was a bit disappointed we would not be sharing the fun in the loud and rowdy supporters' section. However as we were talking a player from Örebro juked a defender and shot it into the low left hand corner of the goal in the 12th minute. GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!! 1-nil to Örebro and the place was becoming loud and crazy. Tried to start a chant, but no onbe in the group seemed to care except my friend Audrey. Play continued and while players were slipping on the turf, people in the group I was with kept asking how long the game would go for and began to want ice cream. Örebro kept the ball and controling it when they had a player taken down inside the box. PENALTY! SHOT! GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!! 2-nil by the 22nd minute. Audrey and I started a "Look what is behind you" *clap clap clap clap clap* chant which made a few people in the group give us funny looks and thinking we were nuts(we were and still are). Nothing new changed and Örebro again had another person taken down in the box and there was the same result. 3-nil. Audrey and I were yelling and acting crazy which began to get some looks from Swedes now. Maybe they were wondering if we were just being loud and had no clue what was going on. The score remained 3-nil going into halftime whcih led Audrey, Patrick, myself to head to the club shop to buy an Örebro jersey.
    Halftime
    Arrived there and bought the black away jersey and a matcyh program for a friend. Ausdrey bought a soccer ball for her brother and then it was back to our seats asap for the start of the second half. Run into some of our friends who ask us why we aren't sitting in the supporters section. We shrug and go to our seats.

2nd Half.
    Öster IF was defending in the end where we were and it meant time to give the other team crap. Audrey and I were wanting to see some goals at our end so the keeper could really hear us. Some how in the 56th minute, Öster got a lucky break and got the ball in the net. It still would not help them though as Örebro Sk took back the pace of the game and started taking it to Öster. Lots of chances, but no goals until the 80th minute. The captian of Örebro had a shot, rebound, keeper tries to grab it, but can't, shot, keeper's legs go flying in the air, GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!! 4-1 in Örebro's favor. The look what is behind you chant starts up again even though Audrey and myself are singing it. More Swedes are wondering what we are doing while the group wea re with have given up their search for ice cream and settled for coffee. The starting keeper for Öster had to be taken off, but both sides applauded his preformance as a nice gesture. He is replaced and Audrey and I greet the new keeper with "Your turn!" Sure enough in stoppage time in the 92nd minute, he lets one in as the final score is now 5-1. What a nice afternoon for a game of fotboll.

Post Game
    People start leaving, but we stay around for a few pictures of the group at the field while our friends who were in the supporters section come over chanting 5-1. Their shock was they saw me with an Örebro Sk jersey on. Some of them huged me for it while another took a picture while I held his scarf up. It was a good day and one I will not forget. Now I'm just trying to convince them they need to come to Dallas to see a Burn game, but maybe next year.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very cool report, but I think you should double post in the other thread as well.

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well if they ever add the [R] then I will.

16. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very cool stuff - and I'm jealous!

I support Örebro, mostly because I stayed with a family in Vingåker when I was younger, and Örebro was the closest team - plus the family lives there now.

I hope to get over and see a match someday, but it sure is difficult to follow them here in the US!

Great to see some talk of it here.....wish I could walk into the club shop and buy a jersey!!!

17. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By the way...what is the "other thread" that panicfc is talking about???

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has a thread in the Dallas Burn area about his trip.

I think I will follow Oresbro as former Connecticut Wolves' player Paul Oyuga is there.

19. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah Orebro is a good club. They had a nice flow at the game. I'll ask my friends in Orebro to send me match reports when they get a chance so we can make this board more active.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds very good.

Thanks again for the report.

21. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That would be great -- it's tough to follow them from the US!!

22. nebo

nebo New Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Paris, France
    örebro has had a very good start of the season this year (they're 4th after 9 rounds) but are unlikely to stay on the upper half of the league table. The three teams from the Stockholm area (AIK, Djurgården and Hammarby) are all doing terrificly well and are holding the top 3 places of the table.

Hammarby are currently on top, with AIK trailing by only 1 point. Djurgården who had a great start have fallen back to third place but are only 2 points behind. Anyone going to Sweden to see football should definately go to sthlm. The most fantastic games are of course the derbys at Råsunda with 30000 or more spectators, but any AIK game is a great show, with around 15-20000 spectators and a splendid stadium!

you can follow the league table and see films from the AIK matches on www.exilgnagare.com. Clips from the current season are under the "Fotball" heading (once there you need to click "Spelschema" and then on the respective results, to see which films are available from each match). Clips from past seasons are available under "Bilder", where you then have to click on "AIK-filmer".

23. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    When I was in Stockholm, AIk and D were playing. Didn't see the game, but heard AIK came back from being down by three to even the score and getting the draw.

24. nebo

nebo New Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Paris, France
    arsenaltexan
    correct. it was a great game were both teams played really good football and Djurgården dominated the better part of the game. Their 3-0 lead was somewhat unjust, but AIK fought back and scored 3 goals in the last 11 minutes.

Here's the a link if you wish to download the equalising goal (3-3 by Nigerian striker Samuel Ayorinde on overtime) :
    http://greken.mine.nu/~jesper/2003/aik-dif/2003-06-02_aik-dif_3-3_ayorinde.avi

The other goals are available at www.exilgnagare.com.

25. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well if I can find an up to date site for Örebro, that would be great since I am planning on moving there.

Saw lots of AIK jerseys on people in Stockholm. From what a friend of mine in Finland told me, you can find the jerseys mainly on game days.