Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't have it, I just saw it on their facebook page. Can't really judge the Hansen/Harder question when I haven't seen Wolfsburg play lot this season (some games only).

How was Elsig? I didn't manage to see that game either, although I wish I did

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even if you try to change the parameters of my initial point, attempting to try and make this fit your own argument better, there is very little honesty shown here if your suggesting this seasons Essen as international talented as Freiburg.

If the clear evidence of not one player on Essen's team being as good as Magull isn't enough, out of the few senior internationals Essen do have this season, you'd have to be rather biased to believe their combined quality stands up to the talent level available to Freiburg.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2
    ------------------- Benkarth ----------------
    Lahr ----- Schöne ---- Puntigam ---- Simon
    ------------------- Fellhauer ------------------
    Gwinn ----- Magull ------- Simic ----- Bühl
    --------------------- Kayikci -------------------
    I think you swap Lahr for somebody like Maier, strengthen their bench options, finding some way of speeding up the maturing process of Kayicki - Petermann - Gwinn - Bühl, your potentially looking at a Freiburg team fully capable of winning this league...

But seeing this team staying together long enough for anything like that to actually happen is highly unlikely, so... but at least with Freiburg I could see how they potentially take everything to another level with minor additions, and not the complete overhaul it would would require for a team like Essen.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Elsig played exceptionally well, often having to cover for the painful slowpoke, Kiwic, plus making some sharp clearances/long balls. This time the GK, Berger, that had a weak game.

Shame that you missed it, but JoJo got into a squabble with the BM coach; while making a throw in, looked like she was ready to give Worhle hell(but the ref than gave her a sharp talking to). Then the TP fans got into it as well. Didn't understand German enough to know what was going on but I got the feeling that this is why the dfb hierarchy don't like Elsig(she not disciplined enough). Otherwise how else can you explain why possibly the world's best CB, don't get playing time on her NT?

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    dfb hiearchy is ********ed up then
    okay I don't find Peter/Blässe/Kerschowski disciplined either when they do so basic mistakes like covering a players run(s)

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Freiburg had an excellent 2nd half last season & currently lead despite not having a super star lineup like other teams. With all the accolades of Magull as the league's MVP, it hasn't been so far translated into NT success; Neid didn't want her for the Olympic squad, Jones seems intent on keeping her a sub.

Simic was seeing her career go down the drain after her mid season move to WOB about 3 years ago. Glad to see her resurrected at Freiburg, But the big success too this season is the phenom play of teens, Gwinn & Buhl, which gives hope that Freiburg will only get better. That's if of course they stay healthy.

Playing away, the coach shouldn't of taken the game to Sand(but lay back like with WOB), especially with the bad weather, But overall, he's getting a lot of mileage out of his players

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The same issues have been in the way of other prominent #10's/AM like Marozsan and Däbritz too. I think It's been a huge flaw in the senior teams tactics for a long time now, having a head coach that's out of synchronization with the various #10's and AM's their own youth system clearly sets out to create.

Remember, this is the same program that had it's head coach not planing on using the club level Keßler - Goeßling partnership prior to the formation of the 2013 Euro team lol. It's become completely detached from the system it's supposed to aggregate talent from.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, Simic was great at Bayern, and became an even better player at Potsdam. But like many other players in recent years only found herself completely wasted at a new money Wolfsburg.

So Simic's current resurgence as one of the leaders of an upstart Freiburg side is simply another sign of her ability to genuinely improve teams; meaning the next question should be will this eventually lead to some kind of senior wnt recognition once the DFB finishes it's cleansing of the women's program...?
    Gwinn's consistency at always being able to provide critical goals and assists every week is very impressive. But while I didn't foresee Bühl being able to adapt so well to being a wide player, I still always felt her skill set would translate to the top division very well.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reading the match reports it seems like the Potsdam vs Bayern match was packed with a little controversy and drama lol, but did anybody notice how high Frankfurt's defensive line was vs Wolfsburg's quick and mobile attack...o_O

It's rare to see any away team deploying such a high line vs an opponent with the counter attacking speed of Wolfsburg, but knowing Frankfurt felt comfortable doing so, has me thinking national coaches may need to pay a little more attention to the potential of Störzel and Prießen.

Facing the direct speed of Pajor - Hansen - Wullaert - Harder with such a high line, the fact Frankfurt seemed to provide so few chances down the center of the field is rather impressive when you consider what Störzel and Prießen were facing for 90 mins.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #160 hotjam2, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    telesports is providing some nice highlights/or at least way better than dfb site's bare/camcorder style

here's Munich vs Potsdam including a little of Elsig's spat with the BM coach, who looks like he touched herIwould of like to of heard her come back reply, lol), TP could of won this but this time I think their GK lety them down a bit. Now even though their unbeaten, they got 6 ties, which is only good enough for 6th place. But they got some really good newbies in this game like the 19 year old, Schwam & the last goal by the only 17 year old Chimelinski
    https://www.telekomsport.de/event/1-ffc-turbine-potsdam-fc-bayern-muenchen/13088

and yeah, looks like Frankfurt tried a high line, but it was easily beatable. WOB coach really favors Pajor now(former standout, Jakabfi, gets no playing time these days), but it seems like this coach is throwing so many attacking style players in there at one time(instead of a few play makers). German NT's Peter, Blasse & Banauch(played for Neid) cane in as subs. Frankfurt is also turning internaional as only about 4-5 domestic players start for them.
    https://www.telekomsport.de/event/vfl-wolfsburg-1-ffc-frankfurt/13082

just in case Bauser is lurking out there; even though Hansen is taking more shots than ever)more than a half a dozen from the games Iv'e seen), she does seem to have scoring woes these days, Here's her stats so far

2017-18.........651 min.............1 goal
    2016-17.......1043 min.............6 goals
    2015-16.........837.min,,,,,,,,,,,..6 goals

and guess Blissett is going to remain on exile in this threat until his Nadeshiko scores another goal! Right now she's fallen to 14th place(tied with a host others), but I feel she could make an better AM, as her style & size doesn't exactly mesh in the Bundesliga fort at least, central striker/or at least you want someone with a header game in there(that's how Islacker was able to score a fair amount of her goals last season)

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Elsig has got the same attitude and temper as Popp which the German NT could need more of, she looks like a leader to me

Bayern’s been underwhelming this season, I still don’t get how Lewandowski’s there. Too unfortunate about Demann though, she was really good for Bayern before the injury.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I've been mentioning how much I feel Schwalm's a significantly better player than Aigbogun, but as you've recently noticed, Potsdam have been ignoring most of their young domestic talents for reasons that few can imagine making sense.
    Take a look at Wolfsburg's best chances, and you see most of them coming down the wings, exploiting the spaces left open by Frankfurt's FB's being out of position.

So playing such a high line against an average or poor CB duo should have lead to WAY more opportunities for Wolfsburg's quick attackers, but it didn't; this probably speaking positively about the current Störzel and Prießen partnership.

I mean look at how quick Pajor is, then add the speed and trickery of Hansen - Wullaert - Harder all behind her...:speechless:, and you have to start paying a little attention to potential credibility of Frankfurt's current CB duo.

This duo probably being a major reason why their team's doing so well with an attack only scoring 12 goals, with a unheralded defense that's conceded a mere 5 goals.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ....:confused: Islacker's a tiny person lol, and I'd also argue that Yokoyama's physically stronger too. Islacker just has a better instinct and technique for knowing how to finish her chances.
    Instead of wasting more time with Kiwic, I think Potsdam should pair an aggressive leader like Elsig with Cramer as their next CB duo.

Yes, it might sound crazy, but I still remember seeing the best of Cramer being the calming presence making assured defensive plays next to an equally aggressive Wensing for the U-19/20 national team.

So I've long wondered why Cramer and her club coaches have never looked to finally push her back into a CB role, as she's never going to be better than the CM options, and looks completely inferior at LB if compared to the teenage Siems.

Thomsen repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #164 hotjam2, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    some big news for WOB(yet still unconfirmed) but Rosengard's top scorer, Ella Masar & her gf, Canadian GK, Ellen Mcleod are heading there. Masar been on the fringe of making the USWNT, but it's controversy more than anything that's dodged her career. Especially so when she accused the just passed away owner of one her former pro clubs of sexual harassment(don't know why; she not all that!). Here's an article about it, but you'll need your google translater
    https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-11-16/masar-klar-for-tysk-storklubb
    There's also rumors that Pernille Harder wants to bring her girlfriend, Eriksson, also to WOB, but thankly, Chelsea, wouldn't release her from her current contract.

White/Blue.....is there any league rule that can get WOB kicked out of the Bundesliga? Seriously, this isn't a German club anymore!

In the meantime WOB played a lackluster 2nd leg, but their big guns, Harder, Hansen & Gunnarsdottir only came in the 2nd half & the coach sat out his current lovey dovey,, Pajor
    highlights.

this was the lineup he went with
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/match...ons-league/vfl-wolfsburg/firenze-acf/2633890/

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Your right, Wolfsburg are barely a German club anymore based on their current team composition; but in recent years I think they've also tried and failed to keep there own German internationals, or obtain new domestic talent from rivals, which in turn has made this fact of their lacking German identity even worse.

Of course it also doesn't help that Wolfsburg's defense is complete trash without Fischer too lol, probably highlighting just how detrimental a lot of this is for the national team, where player selection still seems based on the badges these players wear each week.

But in the future, without real major financial incentives, the era of seeing clear benefits for domestic talents staying at powerful clubs like Wolfsburg will continue to diminish on a yearly basis.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Fischer doesn't play for Wolfsburg vs Essen, the game will be a lot closer than it really should be...:cautious:.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #167 hotjam2, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    and here's is the link for Essen vs Wolfsburg which is starting in a new minutes
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-sgs-essen-vfl-wolfsburg/19521/

scores so far;

NT less Hoffenheim 1, Dyiseburg 0

SC Sand 1, Jena 0

Bayern Munich 3, Bremen 1, but Bremen had the lead for a while, but shutting them down was a brace by Islacker & who I think be the next super star, Jill Roord!

and thankfully. Potsdam 5, TP's teens Chielmeslksi & Schwann scored the first couple of goals

btw...........thanks to a goal by Frankfurt's Hendrich,..Freiburg down at halftime

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Finally Islacker did her job and scored some goals again...

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    in the meantime, Jones new pick, Feldcamp, is being killed at CB

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And Peter struggles to produce great balls although having tons of time + barely challenged defensively lol

When are we gonna see Wensing again? She's on the bench.. :/

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wensing a big star currently for WOB;s 2nd division team right now; she's clocked in at 540 min in 6 games(90 min a game) vs zero min. for their 1st division squad!

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why not just sub her in for some minutes
    clearly the future of Wolfsburg's defense

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Goessling did really well by herself as the only CB in this game, further more humiliating Jones.
    As for Essen; it's got attractive players, but what on earth is the coach doing with them? Schuller is a quick lone striker type fwd with a decent header game. but here's she's outside wide. He's got Dallmann as a fwd, when she's more of an excellent dribble & passer. Instead the coach gives the play maker job to pin up girl, Manjou Wilde! And of course plays the old school style of playing the ball from the back, which is all ripe for WOB's high flying fwds(all 5 of them?) to ripped it off they're passes.

Well back to same world order, Freiburg goes ahead & looses giving the lead back to WOB & BM. The only thing is those two will have to play each other still

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    some nice highlights from the Munich/Bremen game The upstarts look really good in the 1st half. Check out the run of the 17 year old named Lussen(sorry, my PC can't print the Germanic name), she practically owns Simone Laudehr. Then 20 year old named Wolter(#10) has a nice run that cultivates in a goal. But Munich takes over against the pups in the 2nd half, I'm shocked though that Bremen's GK is only 17 years old as well. But give them credit, though, they are still in 9th place & hopefully survive to stay in Division 1 for next season
    https://www.telekomsport.de/event/fc-bayern-muenchen-sv-werder-bremen/13106

batfink) not sure if you like those 1v1 runs(like Lussen does in the 1st play) but I personally think it's great to see German's playing like. Just saying that you did need more variety in there. which sometimes you don't often miss in the recent play books of Neid/Jones or even Meinert)cept for 2014). nor Essen(with all it's talent) where as the WOB coach seems to allow his players the freedom to create(but alas, it's all his foreign players; Pajor, Hansen, Harder ect)

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What is Lewandowski still doing for Bayern
    Isacker’s no NT material for me
    Bayern lacks a creative force in their team