Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like you, I also felt that Freiburg sat unnaturally deep during the second half, to the negative effect of basically rendering their few 2nd half chances of legitimate countering opportunities nonexistent.

But if Freiburg's coach was really confident, I think replacing Schiewe with Fellhauer would have allowed his team to use a higher pressing style, like they did during periods of the first half; but in hindsight now, his approach still got the result he wanted, so...

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    couple of highlights from this last weekend.

some close chances between Hoffenheim & Sand. Sharon Beck could be a possible NT choice, just needs to get those shots a few inches lower

poor Zinsberger flubs for Duiseburg's goal, but then Munich takes over. The just turned 17 year old, Sydney Lohmann(#17) seems to be having a solid game with a goal & assist, but what I read got injured in the 40th mark(not shown). The replacement is another 17 year old named Wieder(#12) who seems to dominate at least the highlights reel with an assist & almost goal

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, it appears that Potsdam are having some genuine issues getting their attack fully functioning this season, so I'm wondering... after witnessing the effectiveness of other clubs using their own talented youth, why their coach hasn't used U-17/19 international Melissa Kössler in his first team squad..?

I'm seeing that Kössler has scored 11 goals in 6 games playing for Potsdam's second division team, and acknowledging just how underwhelming things are right now for the first team (they have ZERO chances of UCL qualification), I don't see the negative effects of giving Kössler some real first team experience.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, I think this is the wrong player, in the wrong position; as once Jones is gone, it's defensive options like Prießen - Störzel who'll need to be given opportunities at senior level.

I mean when it comes to quality CM options, between what's currently available and the next wave of youth wnt talent, there will surely be more than enough options for the next coach, placing players like Beck WAY down the list of credible possibilities.

In my mind, it's individuals like Nuding constantly producing highlight worthy saves for a team with little hope of survival, that should be leaving the most positive impressions on the people potentially involved in the future senior wnt's selection process.

Tactics, formation, GK's, and CB's, are the first things to address. But beyond that I don't see where somebody like Beck inserts herself, never really impressing in the same way key team members at Hoffenheim will typically do on a weekly basis.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember when you were previously speaking about the positives of youngster like Roord, I also mentioned you probably needing to be aware of Lohmann too; the real deal young talent at Bayern that most people don't know about just yet.

Lohmann's already impressed for the senior Bayern team, playing 90 mins away from home vs a league wining Wolfsburg side, and this during a match she surprisingly looked like one of the best players in a CM filled with vastly more experienced internationals.

So I'm really not shocked to see her feature prominently in a rare league appearance vs a tough to break down Duisburg side fighting relegation.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    after their disastrous score this last weekend, WOB hopes to continue by taking on today an Italian squad that looks more like an Bundesliga 2nd division squad(at least on paper). Unless there's trouble in paradise(internal conflicts) shouldn't be no trouble for them
    Here's some info on the game, sorry, don't know of any streams
    http://uk.women.soccerway.com/match...ons-league/firenze-acf/vfl-wolfsburg/2633889/

here's a look at the Italian squad/ All I know is Goranson & Mauro, both flubbed at Potsdam. The one Icelandic didn't play in the IC upset over GE
    http://uk.women.soccerway.com/teams/italy/firenze-acf/7125/

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg could've scored from a clearance from the keeper
    wrong player though

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of the Wolfsburg game. It was tied at half-time, if the Wolfies didn't take charge in the 2nd half, the coach should of been fired it since it would of been the 3rd consecutive poor showing for his club

I can't see Wolfsburg as the 2nd best team in the Champions League right now, as the chemistry between the players seems to be lacking.

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg’s defense pretty poor so i don’t give them much chance against Lyon even though offensive they have everything, but it lacks something going forward too.

Fischer’s declined and partnering her with Peter doesn’t help at all

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Top attacking prospect 15 yo U-19 international Lena Oberdorf signs a contract to join SGS Essen until 2021.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It would help if the coach started giving Wedemeyer and Wensing some game time, no?

The have the options to help the defense improve, but for some reason neither Wedemeyer or Wensing (both healthy) have been provided opportunities to prove themselves.

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Doesn’t seem like Wolfsburg’s thinking about the future. Fischer hasn’t many years left and Peter shouldn’t even be in a club like Wolfsburg the way she’s played the last years

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well things don't look so great when the still important loss of Keßler is made even worse by the new coach forcing her former CM partner Goeßling into becoming a cheap and easy converted CB.

The attack seems to be in the final stages of a needed rebuilding process, but the CM and the entire defense still feels like an after thought that stupidly wastes quality options like Wensing - Wedemeyer - Baunach; and this after van Egmond has already decided to leave.

I mean Bernauer somehow found more game time than van Egmond lol, and Wolfsburg still went and signed Baunach as another quality CM player to sit on the bench, just so Goeßling can play CB, while CB's Wensing and Wedemeyer stay glued to the bench...:confused:

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full CL game between Wolfsburg & the Italian team. They sure having a hard time taking charge of this match, it's like they almost have no midfielders in there & something like 5 attackers instead.. WOB also had Peter at CB & Goessling now at left FB.

and remember the dfb game of the week between Freiburg & Sand, early on this Sunday
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-sc-sand-sc-freiburg/19522/

I like the Freiburg, coach; he obviously scouts his opponents very thoroughly & adjusts his game plan accordingly. He would be my choice for NT coach(if they get rid of Jones).

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HA! having paid close attention to this team last season, I would say the exact opposite about this coach.

Plus taking Högner away from Essen, the wnt already has one of the best Bundesliga coaches the league has seen, to help oversee the necessary transition towards a new generation; and the DFB completely ruined this by stupidly allowing Jones and Neid to have complete control of team operations lol.

So looking at the league right now, I still see what Högner did with Essen a significantly more impressive feat than anything we've witnessed from another underdog side like Freiburg, clearly having access to significantly more experienced high level talent at their own disposal.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, just finished watching the 2nd half of Sand vs Freiburg, and Freiburg's coach only compounded my reservations about him further, stupidly deciding to take Simic (his teams only creative CM) out of a match he then spent the next 30 mins watching Fellhauer, Minge, Knaak all failing to replace her.

And I'm presuming Simon got hurt, no...? Anyway, seeing the 2nd half where Fellhauer was wasted in CM while Hegenauer looked lost at RB made ZERO sense to me, and became two tactical decisions that only hurt their team further once Simic left the field, forcing Fellhauer and then later Knaak to try and dictate the attack.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Essen has only been a good mid team & hasn't had impressive wins/upsets like Freiburg had. Remember too I've been hyping Dallmann as one of the league's best players ever since I started regularly watching four years ago.

Hogner must have some input as an assistant coach to Jones, though could be the interim/replacement if indeed, Jones gets canned.

Well just as I hyped Freiburg's coach, they end up tying a lesser squad like Sand's.& possibly league lead by the end of the day. But the atrocious weather conditions probably had more to do with it. But if you watch more about what's going around the world, you'll find out that even though it's not pretty, a strong pressing game is where woso is headed these days

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a tie was not a good result for Freiburg but their teens, Gwinn & Buhl seem to get more impressive with every game. Gwinn as winger, might just bring back memories of those glory days of Karl Heinze Rummenigge, while Buhl, only 16, has a faster step than most players & a accurate shooting eye to match!

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Looks like Peter’s finally starting to get benched for Wolfsburg. That being said; three Germans in the line up against Frankfurt lol.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think you missed my point..
    Freiburg have access to legit international level talent like Magull - Simon - Puntigam - Schöne - Petermann - Kayikci, and have become the early home for names like Behringer - Faißt - Leupolz - Däbritz.

So leaving out the little fact that Magull also happens to be one of the best players in this league right now, when has it ever been the scenario where Essen has access to Freiburg's amount of talent at any one time...?

In a team where a league veteran like Hartmann was regularly expected to be top scorer, and the defense has lacked a single international of any kind for years, I find it odd to see anybody diminish Högner's time with Essen.

Magull had a really poor game in the 2nd half (I didn't see the 1st half), unable to put the final touch to chances she typical scores.

I still think the substitution of Simic killed Freiburg's 2nd half possibilities to win the match, but with Freiburg's coach being consistently confusing tactically, they honestly should just be happy this bad day didn't end in a defeat.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Judging how quickly Katja Greulich (an early part of Jones original coaching team) left her wnt coaching role to take a head coaching role at lowly Jena, I don't think Högner has any real or meaningful input into the current wnt.

And this for me best assessed whenever I end up thinking back to his compact and cohesive Essen team, and comparing that to the complete horror show everybody gets to witness now with him supposedly being in charge of a significantly better wnt player pool.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't worry, they'll just raid Freiburg at the end of the season lol.

Seriously though, even if they recently failed trying to do this with Dallmann and Magull, don't be surprised to see Wolfsburg attempt, and this time end up being successful, raiding the squads of league rivals for domestic players at the end of the season.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Essen still got plenty of players with senior NT experience; Dallmann,Doursoon, Klasen,Weiss, Schuller, plus several either current youth NT's(Anyomi & Feidkamp or former ones that won the u20 WC(Wilde, T Knaak &, Petzelberger). It certainly should of done better than a tie vs the unheralded Bremen today(though let's give credit to Blue/White for suggesting their mid, Eta, should be on the NT)

so you got telekomsport? didn't get to see this one, but was expecting a higher score. Do you think that Harder & Hansen don't seem to like each?(or at least their chemistry seems a bit off these days)
    The BM/TP game was really exciting. I agree, too many foreigners. TP moved the Swede, Ilstead away from her horrid play at CB spot into a even worse FB, while the Swiss slowpoke. Kiwic, took over her CB spot, (in fairness though ,she scored on a set play). This while some really good German players like Siems. Rauch, Ezegotz sit to the bench, And then of all things, Euro 2013 champ/starter, Jeni Cramer ibeen send back to their 2nd division squad!