Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You won't see it for a while, but I honestly feel with Sydney Lohmann that Bayern have an even better AM/CM prospect within their squad right; but like much of this team for the past few years, she's likely going to be just another talented player within something that continues to be a perennial work in progress.

Chasing quick short term success again, Bayern could put even more money into their women's team; but they seem to have taken a sideways step towards a more stable future, formulating a clear plan to have a more domestic based team by enlisting increasing numbers of the young and junior wnt members to their club.

So it will be interesting to see what Damnjanovic can do once she returns to a team needing a clear goal scorer, but as of right now it seems to me that everything they do is just to keep pace with the leagues 2nd place rivals.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmmm, going from 8 goals to upwards of 20 in a few months would be slightly shocking for most established players. But you thought Schüller could do this based on.... missing parts of the previous season due to injury...?

You do realize a genuine young world class striking talent like Mediama didn't even end the top scorer in this league once, right..?

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hey Schüller scored a nice goal today @hotjam2

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hm so Peter benched today while Wedemeyer was subbed in for the last ten minutes

Bayern 5-0!

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    FC Köln - SC Sand

1899 Hoffenheim - SC Freiburg

Werder Bremen - SGS Essen

Arminia Bielefeld - Turbine Potsdam

BV Cloppenburg - VfL Wolfsburg

SV Meppen - FC Bayern München

1. FC Saarbrücken - USV Jena

VfL Sindelfingen Ladies - 1. FFC Frankfurt

Gonna be a clash the last rounds, the best teams «avoiding» each other this round

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a full round was played yesterday, here are the results
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/national/germany/frauen-bundesliga/20172018/regular-season/r41511/

both Freibug & WOB had close games, they're be playing each other this Saturday for league lead. My girl(& Batfink arch nemesis) Pernile Harder takes over as top scorer in the league.
    Still one game to be played, Potsdam vs Frankfurt, will be a later broadcast today
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-1-ffc-turbine-potsdam-1-ffc-frankfurt/19214/

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    .... Nemesis... o_O. Because I actually critique her real impact on games, I'm supposedly targeting Harder for unfair treatment lol.

She plays up front for Wolfsburg... so you better believe I'm going to be critical of one of the best offensive players true effectiveness in matches.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #109 Batfink, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    First, you really need to stop comparing Löw to Jones, as your really not making yourself sound very credible constantly doing this.

And second, I used to talk about the old dynamic Duisburg and Potsdam teams being the future of the German women's game (when Neid was around), and just like now, for various reasons, that's had no real correlation with the eventual fate of the senior national team.

So when it comes to the senior wnt, I think it's fair to say there's still a clear bias in place from an older era, where the domestic club scene was quite fairly deemed to be of a significantly lesser standard compared to the best witnessed between the elites of the international scene.

Meaning, you'll probably only see a significant change in the wnt's tactical/stylistic approach once this old theme to current player selection is correctly addressed, and the nations best find themselves part of a more professional senior team, where individuals selected on talent and form instead of the club crest they wear on a weekly basis.

It's the only way the wnt will ever see the best from it's highly impressive generations of U-19/20 WC finalists, and has very little association with any claims of anybody here being "anti German" if they don't agree; as to me it just seems like the better answer if people try using a more rational common sense approach to creating a narrative of needed change.

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg vs Freiburg soon! Gonna be a good one. Luisa Wensing isn’t even on the bench, where is she?

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lmao Freiburg scores, nice ball by Simon behind Peter (as LB today lol), leading to a nice goal by Gwinn who easy got past Peter

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Magull’s a beast out there

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Popp should’ve scored

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I won't be able to watch the second half until later, but after beating Bayern, Potsdam, lets see if Freiburg can do what I thought they could accomplish last season and finally head into the winter break a new legit contender.

Oh, and where's Fellhauer...? She's been a massive presence for them this season, so I'm genuinely surprised to see (often awkward) Schiewe back in the starting 11.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    926948177055502336 is not a valid tweet id

lol is that Peter?

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yep, she'll probably start at Jones up coming farewell match vs France, lol

Thomsen@ overall, rather 'peculiar' game, as Freiburg seemed to have parked the bus, or at least crammed the middle, yet WOB obliged by going straight up, instead it's more patented winger game.

Do you think the ball(s) were overly inflated? Sure seemed that way; so many point plank misses & that swooshing sound every time the ball was struck.

whats happening with Caro these days? She's still a fantastic dribbler. but how many times did she miss from close range?

and whats with Petermann & Simic? Is the 16 year old Buhl that good to start over Lena? & rightly so, Julia got subbed early as she seemed out of it in this game

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK, I guess Freiburg's young talents appear to be maturing into a very good team. So the question now becomes can they maintain all of this until the winter break...?

Plus as I was watching Schiewe struggle against Pajor in the second half, forcing her team to gradually sit deeper and deeper, I couldn't help but wonder what a realistic CB signing like Hoffenheim's Tamar Dongus could do for Freiburg's defensive depth.

At some point Freiburg's young attack will eventually mature into a very potent force, but while they wait for that, if they can continue the theme of recruiting better defensive players (something Wolfsburg should probably look into doing) I could see them finally getting a UCL place before this particular group of players eventually dismantled.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don’t know with Caro, she doesn’t seem to be very clinical in front of goal, but I love how she gets past defender like a knife in butter

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    she has one game left for the NT
    then she's going out of the NT with Jones

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #121 hotjam2, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    it wasn't the prettiest of games but you got to give credit to Freiburg for a strong defensive set up as they did crowd the central passing lines & WOB didn't want to adjust accordingly. Lone striker, Kayicki, was at least 10-15 meters in front of her other team mates, so Freiburg kept itself well grounded to assure that WOB wouldn't be able to break through without any counter attacks.

Freiburg now at the top of the league despite Starke, Schone, Knaack out on injury and not sure if Simic & Petermann were at 100%. The Freiburg coach seems pretty cocky, even taking out Magul during the late stages of the game. but very self assured. Wonder if he could of a good choice for NT coach? He's now beaten a well more talented WOB team twice in a row as well as Bayern Munich last time they met

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a pay network. is now showing more Fauen Bundesliga games. All ready 4 games lineup for next week
    https://www.telekomsport.de/fussball/frauen-bundesliga

I'm tempted to buy in, but since I'm across the Atlantic not sure if it's safe or understand the translation that well. Anybody got their so called sports package?(think its saying 9.95 Eruos per month) Any problems with the quality of their broadcast? as well as safety issues withe paying with credit cards?

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    where does the info stand? i might be able to translate properly for u

24. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    You need to be a customer of Telekom to buy anything there. Also surely within Germany, I don't think T-Mobile abroad counts.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Wolfsburg attempted to change things for the second half (which almost worked), but honestly just seemed to really struggle out wide, where both Hansen and Wullaert found brief to zero amounts of joy facing Freiburg's wide players.

See, unlike the last few seasons, Freiburg's kids couldn't be physically bullied this time, and as we almost saw with Bühl's big chance to score during the 1st half, both her and Gwinn were more than capable of matching or even beating their much more experienced opponents if left open for 1v1 duels.

So I'm thinking the real game changer here for Wolfsburg could have been putting on a more skilled and offensive minded Dickenmann into the LB role (if she was fit), as Freiburg's RB is typically the weakest point to attack, and had already received a yellow card quite early.