Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Fußball bedeutet mir alles“, sagt sie, „der Sport hat mir Selbstbewusstsein gegeben.“ - Babett Peter

wow her self-confidence must have been low if the performances and "skills" she shows give her confidence?

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hopefully TP can start winning all their games like this. The tall Swiss CB. Kiwic, has been a surprising success, scoring 5 goals, all of them from set. Heard though that Kemme has not renewed her contract with TP,/she's either holding for higher pay or might of secretly signed with one of those rich English or French clubs.

Wonder who's playing FB now at TP?(as their lineup wad more composed of offensive players) I do believe Elsig got switched over to FB in the last game stream lined out of the dbf site. And give heads up to 19 year old Schwalm, she seemed all over the place in the highlights

no highlights as of yet of Freiburg's disastrous game over previous ZERO points Duiseburg Got the feeling now it's up to Turbine to upend Bayern Munich for 2nd place(and their still 4 points behind, thanks to all those ties)
    I would say both Steinert & Lindser would be starters on most NT's out there, just not the top 5 or so. Guess Germany has to go through these dark times with Jones as coach, while waiting for a bunch of up & coming youngsters to come through the ranks/or at least go through the u20 WC first

I still say Germany could beat the US(at SBC) but they got to switch their style & not play from the back. the previous French coach understood that by long balling it over & behind the US intense high pressure

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's confirmed that Kemme's leaving TP, which club is not known

Be realistic; do you really think that US won't get past Peter multiple times during the game...?

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I also see that Duisburg managed to beat Freiburg thanks to the only 2 shots at goal they could produce over 90 mins lol; making Fellhauer's late defensive error even more catastrophic given her clubs current UCL aspirations.

Anyway, I personally feel it between Fischer and Elsig for the title of best CB in this league, which makes it all the confusing to know how just how little time Elsig's seen with the national team.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Peter's obviously leveraging the major benefits of playing alongside Fischer at club level, for the privilege or an unchallenged 1st choice position with the national team; but I'm convinced if people honestly pay attention, they'd also be noticing there's other strong defensive performers who've all produced far better individual club level CB performances than Peter's over... at least the last 12 months.

Plus a very raw/new to the league Linder will go to the U-20 WC before seeing any senior team possibilities, but other unheralded options like Fellhauer, Störzel, T.Dongus, Prießen, have definitely been impressive if analysed on modern physical and technical standards.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing how I've remained vocal on the notion Elsig won't be at Potsdam next season, I'm really not surprised about this latest news concerning two of Potsdam's other vital players.

Plus Potsdam always go through a transition cycle aka a mass exodus of talent, meaning they'll probably have a host of youth team players and new signings already lined up as replacements; but unlike the recent past, knowing Kemme is 100% set on moving abroad, at latest this talent exodus won't see Potsdam losing all their stars to domestic rivals.

So seeing Freiburg announce that Beck will be joining them next season, I would like to think this will also see T.Dongus join her at Freiburg next season too, as it's highly unlikely either Potsdam or Frankfurt will be challenging Bayern's UCL spot next season, and this league really shouldn't regress to being a two club scenario all over again.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    would you rather prefer Schult rolling the ball to Peter all game long?
    Waiti is leaving as well. Why announce all these leavings with still a half of season to play? Can't feel that it's poor for moral

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of the spirited Essen Bayern Munich game. Essen had BM on the ropes, but poor defending(especially Manjou Wilde in giving up the last goal) plus BM being able to bring in strong subs, gave them the win/ Must say Islacker looked really slow going for the ball in about the 1.20 mark
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-bayern-muenchen-vs-sgs-essen/20681/

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Peter's a disgrace. Elsig and co have delivered better CB performances than her the last years...

Bayern's defense doesn't look good at all... the whole team doesn't really look good sadly.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #260 hotjam2, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Stefi's having a bit of good luck lately(especially with Iceland's Brynsjardottir getting pregnant); France just announced roster for SBC looks even weaker than the one they had last game against Germany & England's new coach has still yet to practice with his team. Not a good sign considering Denmark introduced a new coach vs the US & his players had no idea how to adjust to whatever his style was suppose to be,

Stefi might have to take her licks in the 1st game vs the US(well depending what style she uses) & she might start a player as horrid as Peter, but the rest of the team surely looks better than the one that played at the last WC vs the US which featured/started the likes of Leupolz, Sasic, Mittag as well as bringing on Dabritz & the then hobbling Marozsan for the last 15 min. of the game/

Wolfsburg has been able to win despite Peter in the lineup & I don't think Elsig in there would make any difference if Stefi orders her CB's up field like she did vs Iceland

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm... If Freiburg vs Bayern ends with Bayern not losing, I think it's a safe to suggest that Bayern will end the race for second place, no?

Seeing their horrible trend of losing focus against the leagues weaker teams, Freiburg still have a lot to prove headed in the second half on the season, but if their was a time to get another big win vs one of the top 4, this surely would be it.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've heard both Benkarth & Magull are moving to Bayern Munich next year. But why ? BM all ready got 27 players(mostly NT's from all over) on their roster all ready & nobody seems to develop anyways under Whorle's rigid system(just look at Islacker these says with only a couple of goals so far this season)

Bayern vs Freiburg in a few minutes. I got to go to work but will watch it on replay
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-sc-freiburg-fc-bayern-muenchen/20389/

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wow Bauern need to fire Wörle

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It was a poor game from both Bayern and Freiburg
    only thing I found good with Bayern was Demann’s presence

So Benkarth’s going to Bayern and Frohms to Freiburg? Hmm

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... but they didn't sign Beck (Another #10) so she'd forced to sit on the bench, so it's pretty clear Magull's leaving.

I do believe Bayern are being smarter here, finally acquiring more German internationals in their early 20's, but when I look at the best GK options for the top clubs to look at, I'm still seriously shocked to see Benkarth's name ahead of a consistently impressive performer like Nuding...

I mean even if Benkarth is moving, you'd think Freiburg smarter to ignore the risky signing of Frohms from Wolfsburg, when there's a clearer experienced option out there who's only conceded 20 goals ALL SEASON for a team who's 100% guaranteed to be relegated in last place lol.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern really need a new coach, and even though they won this match to gain 2 wins over Bayern this season, I still see the suspect mentality of Freiburg distracting them from truly pushing for a UCL qualification spot (see their coach's post match comments).
    I think Rolfö, Faißt, Däbritz, were also some of Bayern's better performers too, but you know Bayern still have bigger problems as an overall team when Freiburg's B and C options are fully able to compete and contain everything that was thrown at them.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and as long as Freiburg continue to aggressively recruit and groom impressive junior internationals like Greta Stegemann for their first team, I feel they'll continue to be one of the better teams in this league.

Not sure how long Fellhauer will be injured, but the fact she wasn't holding her knee could mean she's not out for the rest of the season... and not be another young German international who'll miss her opportunity to play at the U-20 WC..?

And with little knowledge why it's happening, the latest performance of Leupolz just showcases more of the evidence for her slide towards non-essential national team CM option.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have to credit you the fact that you had foreseen Freiburg's growth long ago. Last season they hadn't completly delivered, but right now it looks like they do. So, you were right in considering them a potential top-team already, back then when they still looked like little more than a middle-ranked team. :thumbsup:

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this game proved once again how little chemistry Worle is getting from constantly rotating his overly inflated squad to a point where even his all Austrian defense had no idea how to play with each other, lol

trying to form his stating lineup into a fined tuned machine within a game just takes too much time & distraction, as well s keeps his players from showcasing more what should of been their superior talents.

btw.........still can't figure out why Maier is not getting any playing time? In three days she probably going to main thrust of Jones defence

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They really did fail to deliver what I felt possible for them last season, but what I didn't foresee playing such a major role in this upstart story for Freiburg, was the complete disinterest both Wolfsburg, and Bayern, would take towards splitting the best of the next wave of young domestic talent between themselves.

I mean with both of these clubs failing to integrate the next wave of top young domestic talents, you have a scenario where Freiburg have managed to retain talents that should/would have been on UCL and title winning teams during the previous Frankfurt and Potsdam lead eras.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    See... this is where I feel there's a serious issue with peoples attempts to use biased player analysis in this league; as the actual performance levels of Bayern and Freiburg players are pretty close once you get passed the rather bloated nature of Bayern's squad size.

Take a closer look... besides Freiburg playing better football, you see both them and Bayern sharing near identical goals scored and conceded; and this knowing it's hard to argue that Freiburg didn't also showcase better individual performers over the first half of the season too.

So where's the showcase of Bayern's superior talent...? Yes, Bayern have a significantly deeper squad of elite level experience/talent, but you look at both clubs core (most used) 14-15 players, and I'm not seeing the huge chasm in quality some would like to believe exists.

I currently see Benkarth, Puntigam, Fellhauer, Simon, Schöne, Gwinn, Magull, Simic, all capable of elevating Bayern's current team; and this with me leaving out national team options like Kayikci and Petermann.

So that has Freiburg only 4-5 players away from possessing a match day squad equal to a club using 4 times the financial budget lol, and Freiburg's ongoing work with young talent suggests they might even close that gap further if current league wide trends continue.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Linda Dallmann was a beast against Köln

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wow Peter passed a good long ball to Harder resulting in a goal! First good ball i’ve ever seen from her

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the first time I saw her play about 4 & half years ago, I thought she was going to be a star/ It took a while though, Meinert even had her as a bench warmer at the 2014 WC. Hopefully Jones will let her go 1v1(like in the highlights) rather than an overtly passing game(that Jones is more known for) But this might just of been Dallmann's best game ever
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-sgs-essen-vs-1-fc-koeln/20706/

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looks like the English are going to raid the Bundesliga for next season; Man City is interested in getting Wullueart(WOB), whereas Arsenal are looking to inquire Kemme & Wailti from Potsdam as well as Schnaderbeck of Bayern Munich