Allianz Frauen-Bundesliga 2016/2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

Who will win?

1. FC Bayern

55.6%
  2. VfL Wolfsburg

11.1%
  3. FFC Frankfurt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Turbine Potsdam

22.2%
  5. Other

11.1%
  1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    unfortunately the one slight difference is my maniac has now his finger on the nuclear button!
    a quite clearly wrote WOB & BM(Bayern Munich) were the star studded teams. With Potsdam, their success is in part because of their strong subs. So it don't really matter if who starts/who subs. they got a winning combination, Still don't get why you don't warm up to Aigobun? She did score with a header for the game winner/only goal vs WOB? I like the way her teamies find her wide open with long balls. It be silly to take her out of the starting lineup now with all the success their having

blissett repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #202 Batfink, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    But you said... "in their loss to Essen, Freiburg played two 17 year olds & one 15 year old. It's nice to see up coming youth, but I'm afraid it hard for the team to match up player vs players, against the star studded counterparts like WOB & BM. So I'm afraid it's going to take them out of contention"

Making it seem as though you were insinuating Freiburg are lower in quality compared to rivals, due to the comparative lack of star power within their club, even though an equally unheralded Potsdam squad currently leads the league over these same superior "star studded" clubs you mention, with basically the same team they had last season.... you know, the season where they couldn't even buy a win missing Elsig - Wesely - Schmidt - Cramer from their starting line up...:whistling:

So we know injury to key players makes a massive difference to the top team in this league, but the idea this seasons Potsdam squad is somehow elevated above Freiburg's is perplexing to me, when all the evidence of last seasons Potsdam struggling with the leagues MVP (my opinion this was Huth) says any club will have critical flaws missing 3-4 key players.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Every time I've seen her play, Aigobun's impact on the game is so sporadic I find it unlikely that she stays in this Potsdam team when more of their squad players gain stature and return from injury.

Meaning Schwalm's better end product, Rauch's impressive run as team captain at the start of the season, and Gasper probably being one of the more impressive domestic players under the age of 20 in the league right now, will defiantly impact Aigobun's playing time as this season progresses.

------------------ Schmitz -------------------
    Schmidt --- Elsig -- Wesely --- Meister
    ---------- Wälti (c) ---- K.Knight ----------
    Gasper ------------------------------ Rauch
    ------------- Kemme -- Huth --------------

If they stay healthy, this will be Potsdam strongest 11 in a few weeks....;)

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You favor Rauch in LM instead of LB?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, but it's one of the more regular attacking positions she played for Potsdam, and where she was playing at the start of the season as the teams captain.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To be honest I'm always surprised by Rauch, not rating her U-20 WC performances as anything that could indicate her being a potential senior team player some time soon.

Like everybody in that U-20 defense, Rauch was learning her new position as the tournament went on, so I shouldn't be too harsh on how she performed; but seeing playing for Potsdam since then, I'm having to completely change my stance on how good she is, and could be.

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She's also injury-prone as hell. But then again, who isnt nowadays?

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, we get to see if the injury concerns soften this season, as both national and club coaches seem to be more aware of the physical strains placed on players not being productive for anybody in the long run, resulting in significantly more early warning rest periods for players who'd usually still be risking more long term issues, playing tapped up like fluorescent mummies during Silvia Neid's era.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where/in what do you see coaches have reacted to this? I dont always follow the linups. Was there more rotation or less intensity in training?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm just not reading about muscle strain or fatigue being reasons behind key players missing matches as much....:cautious:

You'll always see muscle strain and fatigue stopping players from taking the field over the course of any season, but unlike the atmosphere we see now, there was a period of time with Neid in charge of the national team where key players were constantly playing injured/compromised for their clubs and their nation.

A generally stronger squad depth could be used to explain some of this, or simply an improving culture of professionalism; but anyway you break it down, I genuinely believe we'll get to see if the new attitudes on fitness make a positive effect on the German team Jones eventually selects for the Euro's.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, the season has jsut started and perhaps this is just us riding our luck? how can we tell for sure?

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the point... nobody knows for sure, but the national and club coaches seem to be working on better terms right now, meaning when the early part of the season has people like me noticing less tapped up mummies running around, I can only hope it's down to more professional approaches to fitness; but time will reveal all...

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah the problem with is Ive been thinking about this the other day when Leupolz injury was confirmed and I thought to myself that some things will probably never change lol. not that I wouldnt like to be true what you're saying

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Leupolz has been at her best for a while though, so maybe she's simply one of those players who needs a rest right now..? But either way, I think it's only correct that German women's football fix it's worst hangover from the Neid era, and finally improve it's attitude towards player fitness.

I mean I still find it ridiculous that PSG will terminate a contract with a player like Henning due to her not being able to maintain the appropriate levels of fitness to play in France, but Henning still receives regular call ups to the German wnt, when it's still obvious to many she's struggling to get through matches competing against her peers at the highest level of the sport...:confused:

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LEAGUE TABLE....
    Capture.JPG

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and I think people might need to take real notice of the highlights form Essen's win too, as you get to see what a 16yo German international Nicole Anyomi did on her first league start among the big girls, scoring a goal after 2 mins, providing an assist, and then plays the perfect pass that leads to a Jena player receiving a red card; very impressive...:cool:

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #219 White/Blue_since1860, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Had to leave the computer when it was Freiburg 0:1 and was ready in the meanwhile to let loose some schadenfreude but now this?

pah

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, I don't know what wrong Freiburg's ever inflicted on you, but I'll take watching them or Essen over current Bayern or Frankfurt teams.

I mean for somebody who's bemoaned the amount of international talent permeating this league, it's odd seeing you actively rooting against the prospect of Freiburg challenging the elite...:confused:

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont a problem with Freiburg and I actually like their style of play. and I love the joy that is Lina. But Im not so naive to believe that they would ever end up among the top2. You can call this cynical or pessimistic but perhaps I just dont want to see batfinkens opinion on them proven correct :whistling:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So just to see me proven incorrect on something that's not only plausible, but also positive/healthy for wider women's football in Germany, you'd actively cheer the demise of Freiburg's push towards to being one of the leagues established elite....:unsure:

To be honest, for reasons of hopefully forcing everybody to strive for further improvement, besides having this constantly tedious Bayern team do it again, I'd prefer to see any of the other top 6 clubs to finish in the WUCL places this season.

Cynical, pessimistic, or delusional optimist, I'm pretty sure the league table come the winter break will set the stage for the second half of this season perfectly.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yeah, nice first touch by Anyomi, but very athletic as her speed carried her the rest of the way

Interesting battle on who's the best CB, both of Freiburg's goals were scored by Puntigam & Schiewe. Haven't seen highlights of it, but important win over a strong SC Sand side. Still wondering, why did SC Sand's replace their previous coach for Colin Bell? The other dude got them into the Cup final

dfb game of the week, BM was giving us another forgettable match until the last 15 mins or so when they saw Bartusiak as the lone defender back there, then they did finally wake up! Frankfurt's is in desperate need for a playmaker, they should still have enough quality to be better than their current 6th place suggest. That they were the CL champs just a year and a half ago has to make you wonder though why the club hasn't supported them more financially?(to acquire stronger players).

got to ask since now it includes two players, both Leonnie Maier & Sophie Schmidt are outstanding players for their respective NT's, why they seem so underwhelming though when play club ball?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Highlights of every game from Matchday 8....
    http://tv.dfb.de/page/allianz-frauen-bundesliga/310/1/#filter

The DFB's choices for Player of the Round...

Goal of the Round... (my personal opinion)
    On the matchday two of Germany's brightest U-17 talents receive high praise showcasing their major potential for the future, it's Japanese veteran Kozue Ando who puts the final composed touch to the best goal scoring sequence witnessed in round 8 action.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watching the highlights of Essen's match vs Jena, I's say Anyomi did a lot more than the standard running fast in straight lines trick...;)

Providing an assist for the games 2nd goal while being out wide, starting the 3rd goal by initiating a perfect quick break from a defensive position, then taking up the role of a #10 to provide the perfect through ball forcing Jena's CB to make a reckless challenge and receive a red card.

Of course there's a lot more that still needs to be seen, but your average 16yo simply doesn't do this in the Bundesliga.
    They lost Marozsan - Garefrekas - Laudehr all in the same summer...:speechless:; your not signing three new attacking players with that same or similar calibre of talent and experience, for a team working with a smaller budget than rivals, in a league you can't even guarantee success or WUCL football.

Having an ordinary youth system, the days where Frankfurt could simply wait for the nations top talent to leave rivals and come to them is OVER now; and being part of a European scene where more of the biggest men's clubs are opening their pockets, and infrastructure, to having elite women's teams means even ideas of bringing in top young foreign stars like a Harder or Blackstenius becomes problematic.