Allianz Frauen-Bundesliga 2016/2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

Who will win?

1. FC Bayern

55.6%
  2. VfL Wolfsburg

11.1%
  3. FFC Frankfurt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Turbine Potsdam

22.2%
  5. Other

11.1%
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep. We already talked about it in rivalries. Will be interesting to see if she can add something to Wörle's cabinet of boredom

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looks like Melanie Behringer made it to FIFA's short list as the world's 3 best players in 2016 along with Marta & Carly Lloyd. In terms of accomplishments, Behringer might just win this gig as she's got a Bundesliga title' plus league mvp to go along side her NT winning the main tourney of the year with the Olympics & leading scorer of her team. All though it might be added that most of her goals came from either pk's or fk's(usually set up/more responsible by a team mate)
    Personally I think she's a bit slow, and pretty much knows this. That's why she retired alongside Neid, since sh obviously more benefited with's Neid's more deliberate, dominate the middle by slowing down the pace, style, and not take chances with Jones hybrid version.

I would of liked to see Marozsan get to the top 3, but note this; the one player that I think deserves the Ballon d'or is; drum rolls please.......................Pernllie Harder. Evan though she didn't get to go to the Olympics, the great Dane took her club team to the 2016 Swedish Championship(as well the leading scorer of the league with 24 goals) over the way more heralded/stacked Rosengard, and let Denmark to an 2-0 upset of Sweden in the their last Euro qualifier. But now get this. Kellermann is openly courting her to get her to come to WOB. Which beggets the question; WHY? I mean Kellermann got so many AM/s/Fwds he honestly don't know what to do with them! Simic, Bachmann, Bussaglia,Bernauer. Wulleert, Pajor, Mittag all have lost playing time as K has gone instead with Gunnerdottir as his de facto mid, though she hasn't responded all that well considering WOB is in 5th place at current league standings.

Any thoughts?

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Since having his budget increased, Kellermann's recruitment policy has been really unbalanced in recent years.

If they sign Harder, then somebody else will surely need to leave if they intend to see regular game time. But looking at WOB's issues with scoring goals this season (there the lowest scorers in the top), maybe they do need somebody like Harder to come and help compensate for the absence of Goeßling and Hansen....?

It's not easy to score in this league, Kellermann's system has never been about being highly creative, and Wullaert - Popp - Bachmann - Mittag - Pajor aren't performing like they should be; So this potential transfer news isn't surprising...

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bachmann has been dumped by Kellermann and sold to Emma Hayes

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    for me, there's only one thing or date on Kellermann's mind; March 21st. 2017. That's when WOB takes on Lyon in the battle of the GIANTS. As is, it might be a loosing battle,; over the last year Lyon has out maneuvered(well basically out SPEND) Kellermann. Not only Lyon has raided the Bundesliga, but can boast 5 out 10 of FIFA's picks as best players in the world(whereas WOB has none). Though I don't agree with FIFA's picks , Lyon has also the likes of Hegerberg, Bremer, Thomis, Renard, Majri, Cariscano. and now even the potential signing of Alex Morgan.

So where does Kellermann go from here? Great choice in wanting to add Pernelle Harder, But isn't she sort of the same type of player like Bachmann, Pejor & Hansen?; so good in penetrating defenses, but a little physically weak when inside the penalty box area.

if Kellermann only had one player to choose from in the entire world(if I was him) I would pick Wendi Renard, Turn her into a center/fwd, and use that superb wing game that at least WOB got going for it, and use that to continuously cross kick the ball into the the center in hopes that Renard can latch on to(sort of like the Mario Gomez of his heyday). Still don't think it will be enough as the Fisher/Peter cb combo aren't that capable to stop Lyon's explosive fire power over the course of two games(as I feel Fisher is past her prime).

blissett repped this.
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #257 Batfink, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    It's easy to go along with the simplistic talk of how amazing big spending Lyon are, but as always, I guarantee their coming matches vs WOB will be closer than many people here are currently willing to acknowledge; and this no matter how many high profile foreign internationals they've signed.

See, the top Bundesliga teams have always had strong infrastructures, and now also within a league competition of increasing financial budgets, but chasing boastful signings isn't, and has never really been their goal over the years of sustained continental success; meaning beyond what we already know of Lyon's genuine footballing strengths, the idea WOB would need match them in star power to become their equals, is pretty redundant considering how this really isn't going to be any Bundesliga teams path to WUCL success anytime soon.

If I'm looking at any league short sighted enough to go chasing the high profile prestige signing route of Lyon, I'd be looking at the newly inflated sense of entitlement that follows the English scene.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Before she even joined WOB, I personally thought of Hansen as a very unique talent within the world of women's football, making her arrival to the Bundesliga a major shock to me given the easier footballing options, and vastly superior financial incentives that must have been on offer from such places as PSG.

But knowing the adjustment problems people can have in new countries, and seeing Harder's style of play, just like it was with Bachmann, knowing this leagues notoriously difficult for individualistic players to create and score goals, beyond squad depth I maintain it smart to hold huge questions about the benefits of WOB signing Harder.

However, with this being the same idiotic club who let Magull leave on an extended loan period, it's clear WOB's biggest concern remains coaching decisions and having everybody healthy within a stable team, not making more FW signings.

--------------------- Schult ----------------------
    Blasse ---- Fischer ---- Peter ---- Kerchowski
    ----------- Goeßling ----- Gunnar -------------
    Jakabfi --------------------------- Dickenmann
    ------------- Popp --------- Hansen -----------
    SUB OPTIONS: Mittag - Wullaert - Van Egmond - Simic - Frohms (GK) - Pajor - Bussaglia - Maritz - Wedemeyer

Surely suggests WOB don't need Harder..? I'm thinking they need a healthier team, and a far more innovative coach.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh, I agree, the one BIG advantage WOB has it's in such a stronger league than Lyon, where at the most, the French League can only go four teams deep. WOB plays also in a much more tactical superior league, than the FD1, which relies heavily on their more athletic, French/African players

But this is the genius of Lyon(with a little help of the millions of $$$ of course), they actually have at disposal right there at their bench; the 2nd best team in France! How do I know that? Cause in the very last game of the season(with Lyon comfortably on top of the league standings) they cleared their starting lineup for nothing but subs and played 3rd place Montepelier(which had it's usual international start studded team in) to a draw(not bad for a team that hasn't played together all season long!)

So at least at practice, Lyon gets a pretty good workout considering they got the 2 best squads in the country. But it could be a reason why Lyon, ala the French national team usually choke in big important/tounrey games9their not used to close games)
    strange that Mittag doesn't start, since both Jones & Neid have made her such a central figure on their previous plans? As talented as she is, the problem with Hansen is will she play or wouldn't she? With the numerous times she's been injured, she's in danger of been as valid as Lena Lotzen is these days to BM & her NT. This is I take it why K wants Harder(the dependability of Hansen)

Your right in suggesting that Popp takes the fwd role, but if I remember last year, K gambled and made the Jakabfi the solitaire figure in which his plan was to counter attack. This time around Lyon got Maro/Seger in the central mid area instead of the overrated Necib/Henry combo, so it be even harder for WOB to take control of the mid which is essential if K wants to use his usual dueling flank game on both sides

On the defensive end; Blasse can be mistake prone, but all she's got to worry about is Majri & the fb, M'Bock(who's not an accurate shot taker), It's Kerchwoski that's got to keep a sharp eye on that vaunted left side, where Lyon can counter with either the speedster, Thomis(but she's either a hot/cold player) or the almost equally speed impressive, but even tactical superior, Bremer, Tarreau or Cacarino.

Again, might be more simply said than done,; but just wish that K can go to his Volkswagon bosses and ask some Xtra dough to buy Renard instead(of Harder, which he has so many other same type players at his disposal) By taking Renard he will counter one of Lyon's battle plans; stealing or debriving some of the Bundesliga's best players(by doing the same thing to them), But Renard reign's supreme when defending against corner or cross kicks, The one weakness she's got is defending high up the pitch ala Henning(this another reason did last year's counter attacking plan)to catch Renard off guard)

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #260 Batfink, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    @hotjam2 The more recent top two elite Bundesliga clubs have found various issues trying to recruit and retain top domestic prospects, but I feel with WOB possibly doing the worst job among the top 6 building towards the future, I see it eventually causing WOB to fall out of the top two if they can't continue to recruit the best new wave of internationals like Hansen and potentially Harder...:cautious:

But looking at what it took for a former mid table WOB to break through, and where this league was competitively a few years ago, the regular level of competition witnessed every week now means I can't say anything negative about the long term strategy of the Bundesliga clubs, and the slow but gradual improved effects this will have for wider coverage of games, and the important expansion of the national teams player pool.

Yes, part of me wonders what it could have looked like if all the talent at Freiburg, Essen, Frankfurt, Potsdam got split between WOB and Bayern, but I genuinely believe either of these teams spending even more money just to replicate Lyon isn't necessary (or smart), understanding the more important goals of organically creating a healthy/stable professional promotion and relegation based league competition.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #261 Batfink, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Kellermann's tactics vs Lyon during the WUCL final were genuinely terrible, but it should also be said this was the last game in a entire season of many horrible performances too, where results were often decided by pure winning mentality come scrappy determination, and moments of genuine quality/individuality.

And it's even inside all that chaos of a hugely indecisive season, after 120 mins of football, it took a draw and PK's for Lyon to eventually win the WUCL trophy....:speechless:. This against a team who finished... was it 20 pts away from Bayern...? A few days previously being taken to the very brink by a lowly SC Sand team during a closely contested domestic cup final.

For all of their remaining tactical and personnel issues, even if Lyon's just as strong, from what I've seen of WOB their definitely better than the mess we often witnessed last season; meaning with one or two key players returning after the winter break, I can only see them being a genuinely tough task for Lyon to get past over two matches.
    I've always liked Mittag's game, but I feel she was unfairly bypassed for a bigger role under Neid, never the central figure she should have been during her prime for the wnt, at a time Neid incorrectly chose to focus everything around inferior talents of players like Sasic to excel.

Plus nothings changed in my belief of Hansen being a very unique player in the world of women's football, with her hype machine only losing momentum due her playing within a unpopular league, missing the WUCL final, and not taking part in a WC, all combining to become the difference between people calling Hansen one of the top players in the world, or a brittle injury risk with nice dribbling skills.

Seriously, between A.Hegerberg and Hansen, if Hansen had been able to showcase her talents on the highest stages for club and country, I doubt there'd be much contention of who's the best female Norwegian footballer...:whistling:; she's that good.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hansen is probably the most individual talented woso player in the world, but unfortunately due to her frequent injuries, coach K can't depend on her, and thus needs to have alternate game plans ready just in case she's not around

But I do remember Hansen since the 2012 u20 WC, if though Germany slaughtered Norway scoring wise(4-0) it was Hansen that was the one that stuck out in that game with her nifty skills & intelligent play. She ended up getting a red card, but only cause she was so determined to be so competitive.

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    two big games on Sunday. Turbine Potsdam vs Bayern Munich & Freiburg vs Wolfsburg

the TP/BM match will be steam lined over the the dfb website. Yep,the most exciting team in the league takes on the dullest! Hopefully Potsdam can break down BM's almost shell like defense and contain their counter attacks. Take it that Elsig will 'man handle' Miedema(she usually marks up her foe's major threat) Should be a good one!

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it'a 0-0 at half time between TP & BM

if only Huth could finish! it be a different story though. as predicted, Elsig all over the Funky Cold One, 2nd half about to begin............

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    there's only one Funky Cold(Miedema)

Potsdam 2-1 over BM, takes Bundedliga lead. Despite letting one goal in by the Funky Cold One, JoJo proves she's pure domination. Oh yeah, if any Norwegians out there lurking, your contribution didn't go unnoticed!

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The best part was the sport1 announcer praising Bauern like they were the best shit, smack talking other fans in fan forums talking shit about no fun always 1:0 winning Bayern just to then proceed praising Turbine in the 2nd half for how well they played to then proceed in the last 15 minutes trying to yell Bauern getting the equalizer. Sport 1 even displayed 2:2 as a resultfor the last couple of minutes. Anyway Turbine didnt look that well attuned or gifted defensively but the offense with Kemme and the always quick Huth is the real new shit

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    even Manjou Wilde scored! I would like to see that. Looks like the very very athletic 16 year old, Anyomi, got 2 goals. I think she'll be a good thing for the future of Germany cause France will throws nothing but athleticism into their games during the next several years
    Potsdam's defense was a definite strong point gk Schmidt should be potential NT, Elsig might of broke the world record for all the defensive headers she had! They were a bit weak on the flanks, Some shoddy marking by the newbie who replaced the inured Bianca Schmidt, and Meister on the left hand side weren't all that good. But consider the relatively inexperienced midfield of Aisbogun, Zadrazil, Raus & KK, had to give ground a bit to BM"s powerhouse of Dabritz, Laudehr, Behrninger, Faisst & Maier, the TP defense was going to be hard pressed a bit.

at times it seemed like BM's only strategy was to dribble, dribble dribble until they got a foul and or free kick/pk. They really need to change their game plan(with that much talent on the team)

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #270 Batfink, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Round 10 results....
    [​IMG]

SC Sand - FF USV Jena - 3:0 (1:0)
    38' 1:0 Laura Feiersinger ~ 75' 2:0 Isabelle Meyer ~ 76' 3:0 Jana Vojteková

FC Bayern München - 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam - 1:2 (0:0)
    48' 0:1 Johanna Elsig ~ 58' 0:2 Nora Holstad Berge (OG) ~ 62' 1:2 Johanna Elsig (OG)

VfL Wolfsburg - SC Freiburg - 1:0 (1:0)
    26' 1:0 Lara Dickenmann

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - 1. FFC Frankfurt - 2:2 (0:2)
    24' 0:1 Laura Störzel ~ 26' 0:2 Mandy Islacker ~ 52' 1:2 Leonie Pankratz ~ 70' 2:2 Christine Schneider

Bayer 04 Leverkusen - SGS Essen - 1:5 (1:1)
    2' 1:0 Lisa Schwab ~ 31' 1:1 Nicole Anyomi ~ 47' 1:2 Nicole Anyomi ~ 55' 1:3 Manjou Wilde ~ 84' 1:4 Irini Ioannidou (PK) ~ 90+1' 1:5 Charline Hartmann

MSV Duisburg - Borussia M'Gladbach - 2:1 (1:1)
    11' 1:0 Sofia Nati ~ 44' 1:1 Nadja Kleinikel ~ 82' 2:1 Vanessa Wahlen (OG)

14.12.2016 - 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam -:- Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    14.12.2016 - SGS Essen -:- VfL Wolfsburg

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LEAGUE TABLE....
    Capture.JPG

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Highlights of every game from Matchday 8....
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-bayer-04-leverkusen-vs-sgs-essen/16353/

The DFB's choices for Player of the Round...

Goal of the Round... (my personal opinion)
    Frankfurt's opener vs Hoffenheim, saw Laura Störzel produce the final touch to a really nice sequence of quick team based passing and dribbling.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Anyomi looks a whole lot better than one dimensional simplistic athleticism to me...:cautious:

Just on the small evidence of the first two games she's started for Essen, while it's clearly her speed that gets her in to advantageous 1v1 situations, Anyomi's ability to assist was the far more impressive factor during her full debut vs Jena, with her calm finishing during both games now appearing to be rather impressive too.

Essen have to play WOB and Bayern next, so we'll see how she does vs 4 relevant international level CB's; but I've not seen, or can't remember, any of the current senior teams forwards ever looking as effective as a 16yo Anyomi does for Essen right now.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #274 hotjam2, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Anyomi scored both goals on breakaway's, but she also had a nice finishing touch, especially whee she side steps the gk. Athleticism is a good thing, and you definitely need a little variety in there' post Olympics suggest that woso is moving to a more quicker game as watching the new coaches of France & Brazil playing with a lot more urgency than their predecessors & even see Jones picking up the pace as well. Don[t think it's a move to copy US or Matildas direct style, but more influenced by men's game, as we're also seeing now more gegen pressing in woso. Someone like Anyomi will be very use full in the future to counter Cascarino, who's very skill full dribbler, but still also possesses the speed to with it.

btw....hopefully Dallamnn's can come finally come back for Essen's next games. That initial four weeks out on injuries report seems to drag on forever!

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But you do realize the only reason Anyomi's been able to get two 1v1's against Leverkusen, is due to the well timed passes from her teams mid-fielder's...? Both goals weren't simply results of random reactionary moments of play.

Even if you ignore Essen's initial transitions from defense to attack on both Anyomi's goals, you can see Doorsoun and Feldkamp produce early through balls from their own half to exploit space behind Krahn, and on both occasions this is only happening because Essen's mid-fielders know the runs Anyomi's about to make.

And before you say I'm over complicating things here, I'd say it's taken Schüller three years in Essen's 1st team to be considered a genuine goal threat in this league, and she's rarely been able to dominate games like Anyomi's done in her first two...:speechless:
    Heading into a final run of games vs Wolfsburg, Bayern, and Frankfurt in the cup, I think Essen will choose to bring Dallmann back for the second half of the season now. It doesn't make sense to rush a player who's probably lacking the appropriate fitness for what should be a series of high intensity encounters.