Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Allegri officially extended his contract to 2018

IcEWoLF and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba, Barzagli, Evra, Cuadrado next hopefully

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just saw Max Allegri on Che Tempo Che Fa........

He didn't seem too optimistic about Álvaro Morata remaining at Juve....

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing back this old thread... why? Well...

Wednesday's game was Allegri's 152nd game in charge, one more than Conte. Also, under Allegri Juve have won or at least reached the final of every competition they have took part in except for last year's CL.

I'd say he's worked out pretty well for Juve.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah, maybe we hold onto the Toscano.

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard hes signing until 2021

Im confident he'll get us a CL if he stays. With all the investment were making hes destined for something great.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking back at this thread, I can't help but laugh.....No one is laughing now at Allegri.......

juveeer repped this.
  8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed, I have to be honest I was panicking she I heard Allegri was replacing Conte, but I am glad he came over, he made us euro famous. We are consistently advancing in the final 4/8 teams in the CL under Allegri, the club is becoming very wealthy because of him.
    Get us a title Allegri!

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I defended his selection on page 1.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Maybe, but you still bash Cuadrado!

gumbacicc repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Bravo @Falc! L'unico ottimista!:thumbsup:

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #212 scirea6, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    I wasn't laughing then...

I will always hold what he said about us after "il gol di Muntari" against him, even if (and it's still an 'if'- no point in getting overconfident now because that is what cost other teams when they played against us) he wins the CL.

It's easy to forget his real "subtle" implications of another Calciopoli back then, if people remember it at all, and how he never stopped complaining about it, even after he was out football in those months after Milan sacked him. As if whatever I think or feel about it matters, but I have and elephantine memory for those kinds of accusations against us because I take it personally.

I'll never hold him with the same esteem and affection that I have for some of other past manager like Lippi or Trap (nobody will ever dethrone Trap). And I won't apologize for it.

(Plus, this coming from a poster who thinks Zeman, of all c*nts, should have been given a chance at Juve... :rolleyes:)

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Bring us Champions League, Mr. Allegri. Then you can have whatever accolades you like.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never cared either way if Zeman coached Juve or not. As a matter of fact, all I posted initially was he would have won something (as Allegri is doing now) had he coached Juventus. I'm willing to bet any coach in the Serie A in the last 5-6 years will have won had they been given the Juve job. I believed that then and I stand by that post now.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He would have screwed it up as would other coaches. Both Allegri and Conte have pushed the throttle to the floor with the players. Allegri worries more about games against Pescara and Crotone than he does against the bigger sides. And he is right. Juve leads Serie A for that reason and others have failed because of it.

juveeer repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #216 falvo, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Allegri got fired at Cagliari and then again at Milan. Conte got fired or was asked to leave at Atalanta. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can't see that its the club and not the coach. You give any capable coach a team like Juventus , Milan or Inter (after calciopoli) and they are or were bound to get results.

It took Lazio, Napoli and Roma 27 years (from 1974-2001), to win two scudetti a piece or six total and it took Juventus just six years to win the same amount of trophies.

This says it all.....
    2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16 & 2016-2017.....

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yeah, but what about the years between when we came back up from Serie B 'till Conte's arrival?

There are plenty of coaches that would screw up even with the current team. One of the reasons it is so strong is because of what Allegri has done with it. And Conte before him.

gumbacicc repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #218 falvo, Apr 24, 2017
    What about Conte's scandal at Siena playing for a draw to help the owners betting habit? If anything, that hurt him with Juve as well because he was suspended for a time while coaching Juve. His suspension though didn't seem to hurt Juve while Angelo Alessio was in charge.

Or Lippi getting fired at Cesena and Inter (messing with Roberto Baggio's mind who actually saved him) and then winning a World Cup?

Again it's not who is the coach it's which club you are coaching at. I'll always believe this.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Why does it have to be mutually exclusive? It is both. Plus the players too.

Yes,a well run club like Juve can make a huge difference. Juve, Bayern, Real and Barca all have excellent club structures and that can go a long way towards insuring success. But if the players underperform or the manager is not up to snuff, even clubs like this can be less successful than they should be.

Look at a club like ManU. They were dominant in England for a long time, but it was always under the same management team. Notts Forest too back in the day. But when the management team left, the club was not as successful.

People assume that ManU will come back but I am not so sure. They have been through LvG and now Mou, 2 of the better managers in the world and still haven't won anything since SAF retired. And they are one of the 2-3 richest clubs in the world.

Liverpool is an even more striking example, after dominating the pre-Prem era, they are 0 for the Prem.

Have all these Clubs fallen off that far? Or is it more than the Club? I think you need all 4 to be successful on a consistent basis, and that means a good, solid Club structure, front office management, onfield coaching and performing players.

gumbacicc and Falc repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No because there are only three teams in Italy that win and only one in the last six years. I didn't make it up just look at their history and record. Everyone else makes a lot of smoke but that's about it.

Juventus Juventus Juventus Juventus Juventus Juventus!

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well...there were other teams before the last 6 years when we were finishing 7th. What changed?

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The beauty that was calciopoli. If it hadn't been for that farce, Juve will have won much more.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    True.

But.....Deschamps, a Juventino, won Serie B. His successors were far less successful.

Until Conte. Another Juventino that restored Juve DNA to the team.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #224 falvo, Apr 24, 2017
    Deschamps, a Juventino easily won the Serie B but any coach will have won it if he were in charge at Juventus. Just look at that team, 4 WC winners + Nedved.....
    [​IMG]
    I think the only one who was gone was Pessotto who had fallen or jumped off the roof that summer before but the rest of the squad was far more superior (with maybe the exception of Boumsong) for the competition in the Serie B.

That team though didn't do all that poorly in the Serie A with their older players who were spent and at the end at that point. Ciro Ferrara also messed things up as well and they at that point, lost a lot of players though. They shouldn't have sold Zambrotta, Cannavaro or Ibra. What they should have done was loan their players out but they didn't do that.

Again, I'm not complaining at all. I'm just saying Juventus is a strong club and the best in Italy and they will win whomever is in charge.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That team though didn't do all that poorly in the Serie A with their older players who were spent and at the end at that point. Ciro Ferrara also messed things up as well and they at that point, lost a lot of players though. They shouldn't have sold Zambrotta, Cannavaro or Ibra. What they should have done was loan their players out but they didn't do that.

Again, I'm not complaining at all. I'm just saying Juventus is a strong club and the best in Italy and they will win whomever is in charge.[/QUOTE]
    I am with you. Except for the last phrase.

Which unfortunately is what this whole exchange has been about.